Recommend Cruise Line for Honeymoon

l12345

I was on a Carnival cruise when I was younger, don't remember much of it, and my fiance has never been on a cruise. Do you have any recommendations for a cruise line to look at? There are so many it's hard to know where to start. I get seasick so I was looking for a bigger ship. We want good value for our money but it's also our honeymoon so something low to mid-range in price would be great. We're looking at a caribbean cruise in Oct/Nov 2018. Any particular ports that are favourites or ones to stay away from? Thanks!

For a honeymoon I would look at getting a spa cabin on NCL Getaway, Breakaway, Epic or Escape as these ships have incredible spas with huge thermal suites and entrance is included for 2 people with the spa cabins - which can be anything from an inside through a The Haven Spa Suite. These are also large ships so not that much motion. If you tend to get seasick then definitely get some Bonine at your local pharmacy prior to sailing. Alternatively, ask your doctor to prescribe trans derm scops. But if you choose a Caribbean cruise that starts in southern Florida or Puerto Rico or even NOLA or Texas, it is very unlikely that you will experience any sea sickness at all.

We're in our late 20s. Not big partiers but also don't want a boat full of seniors. We would be flying in and looking at a Florida departure port. Hurricane season would considered so I was leaning more towards mid to late Nov. I expected the Mediterranean to be a bit too cold in the fall? We're looking at around a 7 day cruise. I've noticed some 7 day cruises have 3 ports and some have 4, so it would seem that it would be best to find one with 4 ports.

Windstar.

The wedding forum really just has people discussing their cruise weddings, usually on Carnival.

The OP wanted a larger ship, as much as windstar ships look great they are small.

You didn't say your age but heres some suggestions:

If you want an elegant and romantic honeymoon I think Celebrity or Princess would be a good bet OP, Celebrity has 4 biggish ships that are both elegant and fun and Princess has 2 even bigger ones. If you are younger like my husband and I (started cruising a few years ago in our 20s) we found Celebrity to be sedate but still suitable for our age group.

If you want more of a fun filled party/activity honeymoon then Norwegian, Royal and Carnival would be good...particularly Royal as they have a way of doing everything with finesse. We knew a couple who honeymooned on Disney but said it wasn't worth the extra money.

If you want a cruise with a mix of ages (again, I am guessing you are younger) and not older groups avoid most of the other lines. Not that Holland America and so forth always have older age groups but often they do when schools are in session. Also, not to say that an older average age doesn't mean a fun cruise...thats up to you. :)

Since you would be cruising out of Florida, you have a lot of options. My sister went on Disney for her honeymoon and could not wait to get off the ship. (I have never, nor would I ever go on Disney, unless it was for the children's sake).

Personally, I love Celebrity, but depending on the ship and time of the year, you may be stuck with "older" passengers...but the service and food is amazing. I also love Royal Caribbean. Check out RCCL's, Oasis, Allure and Harmony. Tons to do and soooooo much fun.

We just got off MSC Meraviglia, Yacht Club room (mid-october). There were a fair number of young passengers from all over the world. I met two honeymooning couples. Service in the Yacht Club is luxurious. The ship is sleek and romantic as are the ports. The spa is amazing. Yacht club comes with all drinks included, a private pool and dining room and a butler. And there are amazing themed dance parties every night. You can board in either Genoa, Marseille or Barcelona.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We're in our late 20s. Not big partiers but also don't want a boat full of seniors. We would be flying in and looking at a Florida departure port. Hurricane season would considered so I was leaning more towards mid to late Nov. I expected the Mediterranean to be a bit too cold in the fall? We're looking at around a 7 day cruise. I've noticed some 7 day cruises have 3 ports and some have 4, so it would seem that it would be best to find one with 4 ports.

Given your ages I would look at a cruise line like RCI. Seven day cruise would work well.

Keith