FLL Hotel Recommendations

iujen94

Yet another person looking for a pre-cruise hotel recommendation in FLL. We fly in relatively late the night before our cruise (we land at 6:45pm). We are planning to Uber or taxi from airport to hotel and then hotel to port. We are looking for something close to airport and port, with a good but casual/fun restaurant within walking distance (we'll have our 11 and 14-year old sons with us) and a decent on-site or nearby (walking distance) breakfast. Would love for the hotel to also be walking distance to a wine store (I know there is a Total Wine somewhat near the port, but it's hard to tell from maps what is actually "walking distance"), but I can ask our Uber driver to stop at one on the way to the port in the morning if necessary. Price isn't a huge factor, but we will be there such a short time, I'm definitely not looking for anything fancy. Thanks for any suggestions!

Also would love suggestions for that good but casual/fun restaurant for dinner! :) We love seafood and a laid-back atmosphere.

Hyatt Place convention center. Book it on valuetrips.Com for best price. ( check black out dates listed)

Absolutely agree with this..it's worked great for us...love this hotel and location...they also have a very dependable shuttle bus from FLL to their hotel...quick and easy....$2.00 per room not pp. Also a very good breakfast.

http://www.valuetrips.com.

www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area hotels and tourist info.

Embassy Sites or a hotel nearby will meet your needs - TW is very close to ES; any Publix supermarket will have a reasonable wine selection, and even CVS or Walgreens will have some selection of national brands.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I was able to book Embassy Suites using a combination of Hilton points and cash - and the cash portion was only $14.76! Hard to beat that for a night's stay! Thanks again!!

Your 11 & 14 year olds would probably enjoy dinner at Duffy's Sports Grill near the ES. Have a great cruise! :cool:

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I was able to book Embassy Suites using a combination of Hilton points and cash - and the cash portion was only $14.76! Hard to beat that for a night's stay! Thanks again!!

You might check out Kelly's Landing New England Seafood Restaurant located in a shopping center very close to your hotel.

It's a pub/restaurant almost like a sports bar atmosphere with all the New England Patriots memobilia displayed. Great seafood at reasonable prices. If you go after 6P, expect to wait.

It's not a large place and they do fill up.

Embassy Suites and Duffy’s for dinner always kicks off our vacation.

Just booked Embassy Suites ... first time staying here and looks like a great location. Just looking at the area and was just noticing Duffy's right next door, it might be our go too as well, that or Carrabba's as that looks good too and both would be new experiences.

Embassy Suites is a great location for your purposes. It is also our "go to" when in the area.

Note that the hotel can use a bit of freshening up but it is clean and comfortable. We were told it is scheduled for a "freshening" up in 2019 when we were there in early December.

The breakfast is good and the convenience of being so close to Duffy's, Total Wine and Publix make it real easy. Its a $15-$20 cab ride from the airport and $10-$15 cab to the pier.

ONE IMPORTANT BIT OF INFORMATION: do NOT accept a room facing 17th Street (front of hotel) since that is a very busy road and can be noisy. The bottom line is, you made a good choice.

Enjoy your cruise

Jed

Another faithful Embassy/Duffys cruiser here. Never been disappointed. The hotel has the open bar in the evening with snacks and a great free breakfast for the morning of the cruise. Dinner at Duffys the night before has always been delicious and fun. Very family friendly. And the Publix nearby has most anything you need. I always get a few snacks, etc there for the cruise. Ask for a higher floor facing the port. The rooms have very small balconies but it is still great to watch the ships come and go.

So...saw mention of Valuetrips. I haven’t used them before and their website doesn’t seem to have any privacy protections. Anyone had any issues? I was looking for the night of 4/22 and another night in May. Under exclusions 4/17-4/22 is listed. Does that mean I am out of luck for a discount the night of 4/22? Thanks