Transfer recommendations for Ft Lauderdale Cruiseport to Airport please.

Mbadami

The only advantage i can think of in taking Princess airport transfer is if you have a late afternoon flight and takes the transfer with a tour. If you just take it as transport to airport, taxi is better and is readily available just outside the terminal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Uber plus a nominal tip for the driver is cheaper than a taxi and way less expensive than the ships transfer service. We used Uber at Ft. Lauderdale in October. As we cleared Customs, I ordered a Uber and within moments received a phone call from the Uber driver. He said he was pulling up to the pick up area and described his vehicle. I immediately spotted him, waived him down, he loaded our bags and off we went to the airport. Uber plus tip for the driver was $20.

Can someone please advise what types of shuttle services are available as opposed to using cruise line transfer. What is the advantage of using Princess transfer

Welcome to CC. If you look around the list of Boards, you will find there are embarkation ports and cruise stop ports. These kind of questions belong there and you will most likely find the answers you seek already posted. Services available vary by port. For FLL, the best is a taxi, or Uber/Lyft if you prefer. Convenient, fast, and not too expensive as it's not much more than 5 minutes, depending on lights. 10 max.

Princess shuttles are expensive and you have wait some time before a bus leaves as it fills up first. Then it is going to stop at each terminal and let people off, plus their bags, etc. Waste of time and money. Perhaps useful or not bad elsewhere, but a poor choice in FLL for sure.

We always take a taxi. We arrived in FLL today and are staying in a hotel right across the road from the cruiseport. Taxi cost $20. Tons of them at the airport right outside the baggage claim. I took a Princess transfer once - never again! Had to wait forever til everyone arrived. :(

Can someone please advise what types of shuttle services are available as opposed to using cruise line transfer. What is the advantage of using Princess transfer
Cruise arranged shuttle between airport and seaport, for four people can be upwards of $200. Taxi is ready when you are and costs under $30. You should do what makes you comfortable, but most alternative transport is quick, cheap, and convenient. It's not a long ride either.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I always take a taxi. I tell the driver here’s a $20. What ever the fair is the rest is yours. The most it ever read on the meter was $12.00.

Tony

from FLL to Port Everglades the meter is $12????

Something isn't right.

We had a metered taxi two weeks ago. 5 people. Meter was $24 and some change, and I gave the guy $27.

On the way back the other taxi driver refused to meter and charged us a flat fee of $30. He received no tip.

last month went from Port Everglades to Fort Lauderdale Airport. The fare was around $14 gave the driver $20. It was quick, convenient, and the driver handled the bags. The fare from the airport to the port is more because of the addition of an airport tax. This is common at all airports.

ripped off over the years by completely different drivers with a different amount of passengers riding? Back in 2009 with 2 people we paid $16. The price has been steadily rising over the years, and now with 5 people the meter was $24 and it was right.

Scenic tour??

ripped off over the years by completely different drivers with a different amount of passengers riding? Back in 2009 with 2 people we paid $16. The price has been steadily rising over the years, and now with 5 people the meter was $24 and it was right.

With 5 people and luggage it would seem to indicate a vehicle larger than a standard taxi. If this is the case then you are probably right on the $24.00. The $16.00 would indicate a standards size taxi and going to a pier other than Terminal 2 or heavier traffic on that day. Again probable.