Celebrity Matching TA Price/OBC?

gotcha3

Has anyone ever gotten Celebrity, through your cruise planner, to match a TA offer to keep the reservation? I was speaking with my current cruise planner and mentioned transferring the reservation to a big box store who is offering a $400+ gift card. My planner said to notify them before I transfer as sometimes Celebrity will match the offer as long as it is verifiable. I had never heard of this. Thank you.

They did so for me once but that was in 2015 .... not sure if they would do that any longer. I've tried on various occasions since then and the answer has always been no. However, I think it really depends on what the cruise planners are told to increase sales at the time. It is worth a try! Let us know how it works out for you.

They did so for me once but that was in 2015 .... not sure if they would do that any longer. I've tried on various occasions since then and the answer has always been no. However, I think it really depends on what the cruise planners are told to increase sales at the time. It is worth a try! Let us know how it works out for you.

I would have switched my April TA on NCL to X Reflection TA until I bought my airline tix.

Two years ago I was able to get my cruise planner to match the OBC from a big box store. I was polite and informed him that I was going to book the cruise that day and if they simply matched what I could get elsewhere I would book with them. They simply confirmed that the OBC I mentioned was being offered and matched it.

That cruise was within the final payment date so perhaps they had incentive to sell the cabin?

As far as X matching offers from other cruiselines (as someone has mentioned) I've never heard of that.

Just tell them to look it up and they will (CCL) will match it guarantee! This is why I go to them directly. Like the airline Expedia will not offer cheaper flight than the Airliners. But id the airlines changes then flight...Expedia clients have to go through them not the airlines. Cruise lines are the same.

Just tell them to look it up and they will (CCL) will match it guarantee! This is why I go to them directly. Like the airline Expedia will not offer cheaper flight than the Airliners. But id the airlines changes then flight...Expedia clients have to go through them not the airlines. Cruise lines are the same.

Look it up? I assume this means a “published” TA offer?

now what do you mean by " cruise planners "? are you talking travel Agents at your local vacation travel agency? or Celebrity employees either on line, on the phone or at the future travel room on board?

Celebrity employees via the phone .. think they refer to them as personal vacation planners or cruise planners.

A Celebrity cruise planner reached out to me and I asked if they will give me the Platinum American Express cruise benefit if I booked with her instead of a TA. She told me yes because they will match other offers as long as the cruise price is the same.

Sent from my iPad using Forums