Family found hidden camera in their cab in on Carnival ship.

sail7seas

Looks like a video link that people use on RC toys/drones. Doesn't cost much and would run with a simple AC/DC converter, you don't need much knowleage to put something like that together.

If the camera was aimed at the safe, a room steward could take stuff from the safe you looking at the code on the video..

Haven't any of you read the recent post about the items that were "stolen" from her cabin on three cruises? She plans to install a hidden camera next time, so she can find out which crew members are taking her things.

I remember the post alleging items had been stolen but paid no attention to the poster's name. I have no memor y o f who it was that thinks mulitple things had been stolen. Was it the same poster?

ICarnival says it was non-operational but this is very, very upsetting, IMO. Some of tthese camerras can be as small as a pinhole and almost impossible to find. The report I heard said Carnival reported this to police......... but police where,, what country? I think it was on a Mexican cruise. Did they report it to

police in Miami?, IF that is where the ship embarked the guests.

Given some stories we've heard of air b 'an b , it seems this was inevitable. What a sicko world we live in. One has to wonder where it was trans mitting to?

If you take a minute and read the articles and watch the videos this story makes no sense. According to the stories the device was completely hidden behind the TV, pointing at the bed. If the camera could see the bed, you would have been able to see it when you looked at the TV. If you couldn't see it then it couldn't see anyone in the room.

This would have been reported to the FBI, or the police in Mobile where the cruise originated.

Anyone could have put it there. I'm guessing that some couple put it there to take videos of themselves and forgot to take it when they left the ship, which is the most likely scenario.

If you take a minute and read the articles and watch the videos this story makes no sense. According to the stories the device was completely hidden behind the TV, pointing at the bed. If the camera could see the bed, you would have been able to see it when you looked at the TV. If you couldn't see it then it couldn't see anyone in the room.

This would have been reported to the FBI, or the police in Mobile where the cruise originated.

Anyone could have put it there. I'm guessing that some couple put it there to take videos of themselves and forgot to take it when they left the ship, which is the most likely scenario.

Do people actually do that? Surely there are better things to watch than that.

Do people actually do that? Surely there are better things to watch than that.

Perhaps they were using the video as feedback to improve their technique. My golf pro videotapes my swing in order to give me feedback to improve my game. She's knocked several strokes off my average score using this technique.

Perhaps they were using the video as feedback to improve their technique. My golf pro videotapes my swing in order to give me feedback to improve my game. She's knocked several strokes off my average score using this technique.

Perhaps, but you knew about her filming you, so if they wanted to improve their rhythm or technique, why make it a hidden camera?:confused:

Not necessarily - the camera is small, the lens very small. If it were nested in the tangle of wiring which is often just below the TV screen, it would have just been a black object with a very small lens showing --- which could have seen the bed without being particularly noticeable.

Not necessarily - the camera is small, the lens very small. If it were nested in the tangle of wiring which is often just below the TV screen, it would have just been a black object with a very small lens showing --- which could have seen the bed without being particularly noticeable.

Just because it should have been reported to FBI and to Mobile police as you post, does not mean that was done.

I really think that the FBI or local police have more important things to deal w than a camera in a cruise ship that is based in their home city. I suspect that the report was promptly filed in the circular file.

DON

I really think that the FBI or local police have more important things to deal w than a camera in a cruise ship that is based in their home city. I suspect that the report was promptly filed in the circular file.

DON

Probably. :)

Then, why the need of the wireless video link? ;p

Then, why the need of the wireless video link? ;p

IF you have been to the Netherlands, would you count the islands of Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao as individual coun trres, seeing they are Dutch?

• 2 weeks later...
IF you have been to the Netherlands, would you count the islands of Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao as individual coun trres, seeing they are Dutch?

For now I do, when I get to 50 I may not. Not sure that Aruba is a part of the Netherlands on the same way as Bonaire and Curacao. They said something about Aruba leaving the Dutch Antillies when we where there.

Not sure of the reference but yes I would.

It's from my signature.