Caribbean Princess - Eastern Caribbean Itinerary change

joy2travel

Booked my eastern Caribbean cruise a few days ago and just got an email from my TA saying itinerary was changed from 4 ports to 3 due to propulsion problems with the ship. Turks and Caicos was taken off. Very disappointed with this. Princess offered $50 onboard credit as a goodwill gesture.

Needless to say, I cancelled and will look elsewhere. My cruise was booked for July 2018. Bye bye Princess.

Since they aren't planning on fixing the propulsion problem until the next dry dock...wonder why they don't adjust the itineraries now instead of p!$$!ng people off??

So very true....I am so totally p....offed and is unlikely I will look at any Princess cruise in the future. The itineraries should be adjusted now and let people know ahead of time. Absolutely rediculous!! Also, I put a sizable amount down on this cruise (paid half upfront for a suite) and now find out I have to wait about 15 days for a refund.

Since they aren't planning on fixing the propulsion problem until the next dry dock...wonder why they don't adjust the itineraries now instead of p!$$!ng people off??

That is my question as well. It's crazy to keep advertising the itineraries with all the ports when they seem to know they can't make good on the advertised ports. We had our March 18 cruise changed months ago and took the $50 per person credit. We didn't really mind as we like sea days anyway but it's stupid to keep selling cruises with a set number of port stops and then cancelling one of them for a problem that Princess has been dealing with for a year or more.

Several months ago (and before Hurricane Irma), Princess canceled Barbados and substituted St. Maarten on my 10 day Eastern Caribbean Voyager cruise this coming May. Received a $50 goodwill credit for the change due to propulsion issues. I’m prepared that they could still make other changes before or after final payment or we don’t make a port while on the cruise.

Personally, after being on CC for so long, I would really be hesitant about booking a CP cruise. I mean, most already know from sooooo many threads about this type of thing, that one should not really be surprised about all the changes to the itinerary.

My question is that it seems so disruptive why doesn't Princess do something about fixing the problem no matter how extensive sooner rather than later? I know that there are many other Princess ships to choose from, but this does certainly leave a bad taste in one's mouth so to speak!

Pooh