Crown Princess, ship-time or local time?

ROXIETHEHORSE

The USA starts Daylight Savings time on March 11, 2018.

If your cruise is after that date then ship time will be identical to port time in most Eastern and Southern Caribbean ports which remain on Atlantic Standard Time year round. If before that date those ports are an hour ahead of ship time at embarkation but it is very very likely that the ship will move the clocks forward to AST before arriving at the first port and back to EST the night before returning to Port Everglades.

Now if you are on a Western Caribbean sailing we need more information ad to exact sailing date and the port in question as Grand Cayman, Mexico, and Central America all have different policies as to when (or if) Daylight savings time is observed.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The USA starts Daylight Savings time on March 11, 2018.

If your cruise is after that date then ship time will be identical to port time in most Eastern and Southern Caribbean ports which remain on Atlantic Standard Time year round. If before that date those ports are an hour ahead of ship time at embarkation but it is very very likely that the ship will move the clocks forward to AST before arriving at the first port and back to EST the night before returning to Port Everglades.

Now if you are on a Western Caribbean sailing we need more information ad to exact sailing date and the port in question as Grand Cayman, Mexico, and Central America all have different policies as to when (or if) Daylight savings time is observed.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It is Daylight Saving Time (there is no "s" at the end of Saving). See link below ...

https://www.timeanddate.com/time/dst/daylight-savings-time.html

Daylight Saving Time (DST) is often wrongly referred to as “Daylight Savings,” with an “s” at the end. Other common variations are “Summer Time” and “Daylight-Saving Time.”
Princess ships do seem to change their clocks to match local time. Earlier this month I was on the Royal Princess ship. While we were visiting the ports in the Atlantic time zone the ship advanced its clocks one hour to match the local time.

Some other cruise lines do this also. Some other cruise lines leave their clocks set to the home port time. Either way, you must always remain on ship time, whether or not the ship time is the same as the local time.

We have sailed on several Princess cruises where the ships did not always change their time to match local time. Once, in Costa Rica, it caused confusion with our local tour operator. He did not realize our ship would be an hour earlier than he thought. Fortunately some of his friends were able to call his cell phone number for us and meet us without having to wait the whole hour.

Does anyone know if the Crown Princess is keeping time to island-time or ship-time?

One of our excursions said that from November to March, ships may operate on ship-time rather than local time due to daylight savings.

TIA.

Set your watch to local time. So you won’t miss the ship when she sails out of ports of calls.