Luggage Covers (skins) Who uses them?

masterty

I saw these somewhere online and the price was right so I picked up a set. I uploaded a photo from our last cruise, hit pay now and voila... 6 weeks later these arrived.

When my DW saw it she said "I hope you like flying alone"....! My response was..."but....but...this will save your garments from being flung around the tarmac when the zipper fails".

In hindsight I did not think this all the way through. If anyone is curious I paid roughly 60 bucks for all three from these guys. https://www.forudesigns.com/basics/Household/Luggage_Cover

26235686_10215870698546618_911008680_o.jpg

26237035_10215870698386614_1878172014_o%20%281%29.jpg

26180074_10215870700746673_991215884_o.jpg

Edited by masterty

Sorry, but I agree with the wife. I'm not fond of intentionally calling attention to myself or my luggage while traveling, which these would certainly cause. As Easyboy says, a simple strap prevents anything from falling out if luggage is damaged.

One thing is for sure, you will have no issues picking out your luggage at then end of the cruise at baggage claim!

Absolutely. No one is going to say: "but I thought it was mine" unless they're looking to get committed.

My wife would hate it, but it's oh so practical.

Jim

I assume you could choose any picture you wanted - so while it could be personalized, it wouldn't have to have your faces on the skins. I have seen these available in a local store in many different patterns. One way to get away from the "looks the same as everyone elses black bag" problem.

Thanks for sharing your luggage skins! I don't think I'd want my face on them (lol), but I think a nice scenery picture would be great. Were you happy with the quality?

For the money the quality if fine. I have not traveled with them. We travel in big groups when we cruise. In full disclosure I purchased these more for the laughs in our group than any potential zipper tragedy. The purchase was simple and took less than a minute or two to complete. Anyone can use any photo or image they like. If all you want is a tropical sunset then Amazon may suit you.

One thing is for sure, you will have no issues picking out your luggage at then end of the cruise at baggage claim!

That was my thought. Who cares if your photo is on them ... NO ONE will be taking your luggage. Your wife is WRONG ... may be the first time she 'hears'/sees that ... but wrong wrong wrong. I think it's a great idea.

I assume you could choose any picture you wanted - so while it could be personalized, it wouldn't have to have your faces on the skins. I have seen these available in a local store in many different patterns. One way to get away from the "looks the same as everyone elses black bag" problem.

I really don't get the problem. Uhm ... you walk around with your face visible to ... uhm ... everyone! SO what if it's on your luggage. Jeesh people ... get over yourselves.

And what do you do when there's now 50 bags with sunsets or waterfalls, etc. instead of all black bags on the carousel?

I fly a lot!.....I can't imagine TSA or Hawaii agriculture would be too happy to have to undo one more layer to get into your luggage to inspect. They have enough trouble re-zipping a zip lock bag that I use to "secure" liquids in a bottle. I don't know about anyone else, but my luggage ALWAYS includes a friendly notice from TSA that they got into my luggage.

LOL. I love 'em. Each person will decide for themselves whether to use something flashy like that or not.

We invested in "Away" luggage sets for all of us. They're awesome. If one wanted to, these could dress the suitcases up real nice.

I use a luggage cover from a company called coverlugg. I purchased them from coverlugg.com. ( prices are significantly higher on other sites. ). No photo pictures. A variety of attractive designs offered on their site. Prices are very reasonable. I paid $9.99 per cover. I don't know if they are still in business.

I've been using the covers for several years and frequently have people stop me to ask where they can purchase one.

Reasons I enjoy using a luggage cover: I've had a large slash through the luggage material when luggage was delivered to my cabin at the beginning of a cruise (not cheap luggage). On another cruise, I was traveling with a friend who used distinctive red luggage. Her luggage was claimed by another cruise passenger before she got off the ship. The person who took the luggage discovered the mistake at the airport when checking in. By the time the luggage was returned to the port, 90 minutes had passed and she almost missed her flight. I also go on land tours along with cruises and the luggage cover makes it easy and quick to pick out my luggage from the others in the group. The luggage cover is thick but not heavy, so it also helps to keep the luggage clean and dry. It also offers a bit of extra security.

I don't think I would be comfortable using a luggage cover with my face. Maybe my dog's face, but not mine. That said, I think your covers are unique.

I fly a lot!.....I can't imagine TSA or Hawaii agriculture would be too happy to have to undo one more layer to get into your luggage to inspect. They have enough trouble re-zipping a zip lock bag that I use to "secure" liquids in a bottle. I don't know about anyone else, but my luggage ALWAYS includes a friendly notice from TSA that they got into my luggage.

I agree ... would TSA bother to put them back on properly so they don’t come off during handling?

They look awesome! And I’m sure you’re a blast to cruise with.

For security, you could have chosen a Sacramento Kings logo. We all know no one would steal your bags (fellow Sacramentan joke).

Having just experienced an exploded zipper traveling to our recent cruise, I see great value in your purchase. And your pic selection only makes it even better.

Sent from my iPad using Forums