Semi Annual WOW Sale- January 4

slyster

After waiting on hold last night for 45 mins while my agent talked to a “different department,” and sending an email containing screenshots of their website, RC honoured free grats for my AOS sailing. Last night was reprice #6, unless a KSF comes along (unlikely since its spring break) I doubt I’ll do better.

The agent insisted free grats was only available for Oasis class and the OBC of 350 was only offered to suites. I’m in one of the new panoramic ocean view rooms which changes room category to a suite level starting May 2018. That took some explaining but in the end they said I was correct and I’ll receive a credit for the gratuities plus I got $350 OBC. I’m happy!

I am in the same room category on the June 29, 2018 sailing. Any advice on how to get that honored on my sailing? What screenshots did you use? Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Scott

Just looked on the website and a July sailing on Harmony (we haven't booked yet) went up about ~$100 in price but included $175 in OBC. But according to the terms, we should receive free gratuities (about $200) but that's not showing up on the website.

I'd probably jump on this (in all saves the wife and I about $300) but the website doesn't seem to be honoring all of the details. Guess I'll have to call?

When I called this morning after not seeing the grats added I was told that they get done later by the Resolutions Dept and they won't show on your invoice. I took screenshots and will save a copy of the promo just in case.

When you go online the big box warehouse gives the non refundable price. You might be looking at RCL’s refundable price. Make sure you are comparing, apples to apples.

Royals website didn’t give me the option to choose refundable or non refundable, just the price. So I’m not sure which one it was.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am in the same room category on the June 29, 2018 sailing. Any advice on how to get that honored on my sailing? What screenshots did you use? Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Scott

I just took screenshots of the actual promotion, the category showing free grats and $350 OBC and finally the price of my room. The agent had me email him while on the phone and he passed it along to the resolution dept.

I think the price of the room is important because RC’s creative accounting can change in a moment. ;)

I just took screenshots of the actual promotion, the category showing free grats and $350 OBC and finally the price of my room. The agent had me email him while on the phone and he passed it along to the resolution dept.

I think the price of the room is important because RC’s creative accounting can change in a moment. ;)

I thought you were referring to Adventure of the Seas. But you were referring to Anthem right? I can see where the add talks about Anthem but not Adventure. Maybe next time.

I thought you were referring to Adventure of the Seas. But you were referring to Anthem right? I can see where the add talks about Anthem but not Adventure. Maybe next time.

I am on AOS, that was my problem! The website showed free grats, the fine print doesn’t. That’s why I needed the screenshots, the agent was confused too. My grats are $492 CAD it was worth the effort for me!

I am on AOS, that was my problem! The website showed free grats, the fine print doesn’t. That’s why I needed the screenshots, the agent was confused too. My grats are $492 CAD it was worth the effort for me!

So you are on Adventure and the website says "Suites, Free Gratuities" You took a screen shot of that and sent it to them, they initially said no, but honored it anyway? If so, sign me up?

I called in to RC this morning because the Allure cruise I booked yesterday was the same price, but offered $175 OBC. Yesterday it only offered $100 OBC. The first rep said my C & A wasn’t combinable with the new offer & I told him it was showing with my C&A D+ discount. So I politely said okay & hung up, then redialed RC. This rep looked it up & quickly said, of course let’s get that added to your booking! I asked about my Non refundable fare & he said it was same price. I had him send updated confirmation before I hung up the phone. [emoji41]

I called in to RC this morning because the Allure cruise I booked yesterday was the same price, but offered $175 OBC. Yesterday it only offered $100 OBC. The first rep said my C & A wasn’t combinable with the new offer & I told him it was showing with my C&A D+ discount. So I politely said okay & hung up, then redialed RC. This rep looked it up & quickly said, of course let’s get that added to your booking! I asked about my Non refundable fare & he said it was same price. I had him send updated confirmation before I hung up the phone. [emoji41]

so for me, it was either a $100 discount and $175 OBC or without C&A it was no discount and $275 OBC.. fare was same so non-refundable topic didnt have any impact.

So you are on Adventure and the website says "Suites, Free Gratuities" You took a screen shot of that and sent it to them, they initially said no, but honored it anyway? If so, sign me up?

It was specific to my sailing in March 2019. Do a mock booking for your sail date and see what extras apply. Every sailing is very different.

Since Carnival has a competing sale ("Carnivalidays"), I've been comparing the 4 day (beginning 11/26/18) itineraries between RC's Mariner of the Seas & the Carnival Victory. The Victory is approximately $350 cheaper, but the Mariner is more appealing in terms of being a (slightly) newer and bigger ship...this is a good problem to have :D

I am on hold now because RCI D+ agent “doesn’t see” free grats for my Anthem sailing even though it is clearly showing up on the mock booking screen where you select NRD or RD fare. I told him to contact resolutions because others had already addressed the same problem. Why, oh why, can’t RCI get their act together?

Checked my 17 night Vision TA this AM and the page to select RD or NRD listed free grats. After waiting on hold for 45 minutes and asking to get my free grats, I was told it was not available for a Vision class. I explained that I’m looking at it in plain English, the rep said it was not applicable and there was nothing he could do. I asked to speak to his supervisor who I finally walked through to the page I was referring to and she stated it’s an IT error and they would be notified, but i was basically SOL.

RCCL needs to put less $$ in their TV commercials and more in their IT/customer Service dept.

If u follow the booking through you should see a box for prepaid grAts. It had a negative number besides it. It will be included in your total but taken off in 7-10 days by revenue department.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks but I have an existing booking so had to go through the agent to change it. After being on hold 3 different times, he finally came back on line and said they would honor the free grats, higher OBC and lower price. It is just irritating to me that it takes so much longer than it should and that there is no communication to the agents once an issue is identified. It makes me wonder how many people just take the agent’s word at face value - he told me several times there was no free grats.

If u follow the booking through you should see a box for prepaid grAts. It had a negative number besides it. It will be included in your total but taken off in 7-10 days by revenue department.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure if I told you but I had already made my booking prior to today and called this morning to get the new promo. I got the OBC and hopefully will get the free grats. I called back to see if they needed to be added so that someone could see them and take them off but was told it was not necessary to do it that way

I booked a couple of weeks ago on a sale (for a 2/2/19 Symphony sailing), and checked today, and it was $80 higher... I'll have to check again after the Wow sale :)

So today, for the same kind of room, I'd get $275 onboard credit (instead of $100 from when I booked), and the cruise price is $100 more than my original price. So I guess if I did rebook today, I'd be $75 ahead, but since I did the non-refundable deposit thing, I think I have to pay $100 to switch, right? I'll probably just stick with my current reservation. I'm kinda lazy.

:)

So today, for the same kind of room, I'd get $275 onboard credit (instead of $100 from when I booked), and the cruise price is $100 more than my original price. So I guess if I did rebook today, I'd be $75 ahead, but since I did the non-refundable deposit thing, I think I have to pay $100 to switch, right? I'll probably just stick with my current reservation. I'm kinda lazy.

You can get price drops with the non refundable- you only get charged if you cancel or change the ship and/or sail date

ooo, but I forgot about the free gratuities (since we'll be on an Oasis class)! That might make this worth it :) I'll have to think about this...

Checked my 17 night Vision TA this AM and the page to select RD or NRD listed free grats. After waiting on hold for 45 minutes and asking to get my free grats, I was told it was not available for a Vision class. I explained that I’m looking at it in plain English, the rep said it was not applicable and there was nothing he could do. I asked to speak to his supervisor who I finally walked through to the page I was referring to and she stated it’s an IT error and they would be notified, but i was basically SOL.

RCCL needs to put less $$ in their TV commercials and more in their IT/customer Service dept.

I had a few itineraries telling me "free grats" too. They told me it was an IT error and they couldn't honor it. Called twice.

It's not showing that way now on the site.

Did get the extra $75 OBC (each) for 5 of my cruises though.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

After waiting on hold last night for 45 mins while my agent talked to a “different department,” and sending an email containing screenshots of their website, RC honoured free grats for my AOS sailing. Last night was reprice #6, unless a KSF comes along (unlikely since its spring break) I doubt I’ll do better.

The agent insisted free grats was only available for Oasis class and the OBC of 350 was only offered to suites. I’m in one of the new panoramic ocean view rooms which changes room category to a suite level starting May 2018. That took some explaining but in the end they said I was correct and I’ll receive a credit for the gratuities plus I got $350 OBC. I’m happy!

Oh they do? On all ships? What type of benefits? Which ship are you booked on?

When I called this morning after not seeing the grats added I was told that they get done later by the Resolutions Dept and they won't show on your invoice. I took screenshots and will save a copy of the promo just in case.

I'm guessing you are staying in a JS or above to be able to get the free gratuities?

My mock bookings give me 2 options:

without crown and anchor #:

$1971 with $175 OBC net =+ $57

with crown and anchor #:

$1899 with $75 OBC. net =+ $29

net price is compared to what I am paying now for a D5.

Bill