Name brand watches on Anthem

Hello all.....I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of watches they sell in the jewelry store on the the Anthem.Im in the market for a watch and would like to know if their prices are competitive or should I look when I'm in port.........Thanks

Haven't been on Anthem but other ships have seen Tissot, Citizen, Bulova and Tag among others. Or if you want big gaudy junk their is always Invicta:p

If you're going to either St Thomas or St Martin you'll find much more selection, more brands, and quite possibly better prices.

There is a dedicated Hublot shop, and next door to that is Bulgari.

Anthem also has a Rolex resale system.

And there are some more names- like Omega, and I think I remember some Cartier- in addition to what bouhunter posted.

As for the price, you will have two days to look on the way down to the islands, a few days in each place to compare, and then two days to get back. So you will have plenty of time to check prices.

The prices are always iffy onboard. We had sizable onboard credit, So I planned to buy a Citizen Eco Drive. Before the cruise I went to Amazon and chose 3 styles that I liked. I printed the images and wrote the Amazon prices. Onboard, they had one of the three. The cost was $5 more than Amazon, and extended the warranty to 6 years instead of 5. It was probably a taxable Amazon sale, but I forgot to check. No tax onboard. They do not match internet prices.

So I would look onboard, but I would also check online prices before I made the purchase onboard, especially if it is an expensive watch.

Oh sorry. I don't know anything about REALLY expensive watches. :-)

Edited by Coralc

I'm actually looking for a Breitling or a Tag or something similar.,........ill look on the islands too.Im looking to save the sales tax

TAG and Breitling will always sell at MAP pricing (minimum advertised pricing) minus standard discount in an authorized boutique. Only additional savings you'll see on board or on the islands is tax. I live in a tax free state and all my watches sell for exactly the same here as they do in the islands.

PS: I am TAG, Breitling and Omega owner/fan myself

Edited by adamnoone

TAG and Breitling will always sell at MAP pricing (manufactures advertised pricing) minus standard discount in an authorized boutique. Only additional savings you'll see on board or on the islands is tax. I live in a tax free state and all my watches sell for exactly the same here as they do in the islands.

FYI MAP stands for Minimum Advertised Pricing.

And yes authorized dealers are limited by many manufacturers as to the amount they can discount.

TAG and Breitling will always sell at MAP pricing (minimum advertised pricing) minus standard discount in an authorized boutique. Only additional savings you'll see on board or on the islands is tax. I live in a tax free state and all my watches sell for exactly the same here as they do in the islands.

I appreciate your feedback.....thanks again

You will overpay on the ship........

Not always true...OBC last night of cruise....use it or lose it...the Fossil watch $50.00 for my DIL was a great deal...compared to the exact same watch online is $115.00....she loves it so much I was looking to get her another one....I guess I'll wait until my next cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes a good deal, sometimes not. St. Thomas is always an amazing place to buy watches (I collect watches as a hobby). Imperial Jewelers has been always the cheapest (you have to press them, but they always deliver with the best price).

But- on my last cruise, the ship offered a new line of Bulova Curv watches (one of Bulova's higher end new watches) that they offered on one of their single day sales. I passed on it at first, then spent the next 4 days regretting it. With nothing better to do with myself, i called and googled dealers I know, in the carribean, and in the states, and no online or brick and morter source was near the "deal" they offered. On the 6th day, my wife noticed they offered the sale again for a 6 hour sale and i grabbed it quick!

I have checked regularly ever since and have not seen it available for the price i got on the cruise ship during that sale. You must do your research and know your prices, but they sometimes do offer the best price, Especially on a new line of watches not yet widely available.

Also, i was a hero from the sale, One of my free drawing tickets i got from buying the watch, won my dw a bunch of free stuff in the gift shops. She was happier than i was about the watch!

St Thomas is a great place to shop because you get double the allowance bringing it back the the US. On a $5k watch you will likely only pay $20 or so coming back, and that’s if they even make you pay at all.

I know I’ll catch flack for this but I have made several watch purchases from Diamonds International. They have good service, no interest on their in house charge card and like many others have said their prices are what you would get from any AD as the watch makers strictly control the prices. If you buy from Amazon or any other grey market dealer you get no warranty and are on your own as far as it being a legitimate watch vs a counterfeit, albeit many of the major retailers sell the legit watches.

I’m eyeing an Omega Speedmaster Pro, the moon watch, for my next purchase myself.

If you buy from Amazon or any other grey market dealer you get no warranty and are on your own as far as it being a legitimate watch vs a counterfeit, albeit many of the major retailers sell the legit watches.

I’m eyeing an Omega Speedmaster Pro, the moon watch, for my next purchase myself.

Depends on the manufacturer. I’m looking at a certain Citizen Eco Drive that has a retail of $495. A few of the online retailers sell for $297 with factory Citizen 5 year warranty. Others offer their in house warranty term. Amazon lists same model for $247.50 with factory Citizen warranty. As it turns out, Amazon is an authorized reseller of Citizen, and is able to sell with manufacturer warranty. Best bet is to check with manufacturer and verify if the seller is truly an authorized dealer.

Depends on the manufacturer. I’m looking at a certain Citizen Eco Drive that has a retail of $495. A few of the online retailers sell for $297 with factory Citizen 5 year warranty. Others offer their in house warranty term. Amazon lists same model for $247.50 with factory Citizen warranty. As it turns out, Amazon is an authorized reseller of Citizen, and is able to sell with manufacturer warranty. Best bet is to check with manufacturer and verify if the seller is truly an authorized dealer.

I should have clarified, I was just referring to the high end brands, Tag, Rolex, Breitling, AP, etc as that’s what the OP is in the market for. Other manufacturers, like Invicta for example, are known for massively high MSRPs with huge discounts.

Unless it’s a mom and pop store it’s fairly easy to tell if they are an AD.

I should have clarified, I was just referring to the high end brands, Tag, Rolex, Breitling, AP, etc as that’s what the OP is in the market for. Other manufacturers, like Invicta for example, are known for massively high MSRPs with huge discounts.

Unless it’s a mom and pop store it’s fairly easy to tell if they are an AD.

Ah OK. For that price range, you are absolutely correct. Unfortunately, I’m not in that bracket of affordability. I normally but cheap digital watches for work, as I am in a skilled trade, and am tough on watches/jewelry. I would like to have a nice watch for outings or non-work activities, but don’t place a big stigma on flashy things like watches. A $500 watch is way above what I would normally spend, but once in a while, a nicer purchase is rewarding.

• 1 month later...
Hello all.....I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of watches they sell in the jewelry store on the the Anthem.Im in the market for a watch and would like to know if their prices are competitive or should I look when I'm in port.........Thanks

We were on Anthem in 2016 and will be back on her in two weeks. They had a decent selection of watches including Cartier, Zenith, Omega, Cartier, Jaeger-LeCoultre, Breitling, Hublot, BVLGARI. Prices were pretty good but I bought my Jaeger in Nassau because they did not have that model on board. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Aaron

I mean, I don’t wear very expensive watches, but I saved about $50 (and tax!) on a Michael Kors watch on Harmony last year and I was pretty proud of myself for that.

I don’t know about the fancy stuff though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I purchased a TAG Carrera Calibre 16 onboard the Freedom. Price was inline with any mainland TAG retailer, but more than some of the online "gray" market sellers like Jomashop.

I have the memories, experience (the salesman was great and chased me around the ship for days. Even brought it to me already sized one night I was hanging at the pub), got a sizeable OBC, and a bottle of champagne. All in all, I was/am happy with the purchase.

Also got me express walkoff directly to the Customs agent when disembarking - or at least that's what I suspect. I was "randomly" picked for additional screening when leaving the ship. Fastest I've ever made it curbside though! [emoji23]

Dan.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Forums mobile app