Water in stateroom?

itsalljimmysfault

There is a bottyle of water in the stateroom....,if you use it, you are charged for it. The bottles in the stateroom, in the mini bar or ordered from room seervice are not part of any beverage package.

The tap water is potable, but if you would prefer bottled water and have a beverage package, pick it up at any bar and take it back to your stateroom yourself

You can also ask for a bucket of ice twice daily to be delivered to your room giving you nice cold water to drink as it slowly melts.

If you are in a suite room you can get as many free bottles of water from Michael’s Club as you like.

If you buy water or collect as part of your drinks package you can ask your room attendant to empty the minibar to then fill with your own water and soft drinks...not super cool but better than room temperature.

Hope you have a great cruise!

There is all the water you could possibly drink for free in the tap. If you prefer foreign tap water wrapped in plastic, it is available for $ 6 I believe in the stateroom.

I agree that it's not particularly environmentally friendly, which I'm sure is the point you are making. No one would argue with you there.

But the tap water on the ship does have a very unpleasant taste so I don't blame people for choosing to drink bottled water whilst onboard.

Just as an aside, anyone able to find on the web site where the bottled water is still listed in Aqua as a perk. I know all about them not replacing the water but I can't find on the site at all that they give you two bottles at the beginning of the cruise in Aqua.

Excited to be sailing Celebrity for the first time! Is there water available for purchase in the room?

Thanks!

The water for sale in the room is usually a higher end water, you can get bottles at any of the bars, in the restaurants, buffet and they have it available at the gangplank as you leave the ship. I believe there may be cheaper water in the in room cooler but can't be sure as I have not looked inside one of them in years. Be advised if you have a drink package water will be available but not from room service or in the room, only at sources outside the room.

I agree that it's not particularly environmentally friendly, which I'm sure is the point you are making. No one would argue with you there.

But the tap water on the ship does have a very unpleasant taste so I don't blame people for choosing to drink bottled water whilst onboard.

I have tried the water and I found it to have no taste at all, however I can imagine it can vary. Of course if the water taste bad I would also try to get water from other sources. My point is that people think bottle water is something special, while in reality it’s just municipal water which is often less pure than regular tap water due to the bottling process.

Curious what type/size bottle is in the standard cabin an how exactly is it marked in case we get a bottle from a bar or the buffet?

The ones that cost that are placed in the cabin are larger and there is a little sign that tells you how much it costs. On our last cruise it was Perrier...

Technically this water is not IN the stateroom, but if you happen to run into any precipitation while cruising, you could set up a very large funnel on your balcony to collect some quite fine natural water. While it is a little rough changing the bottles at night, one can sometimes collect enough to sell to fellow passengers. Thus offsetting some of the initial cruise cost.

Curious what type/size bottle is in the standard cabin an how exactly is it marked in case we get a bottle from a bar or the buffet?

Usually a liter of Evian in my experience. Which you can also get from the bar. So yes, you could replace the room water.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Or else you can simply ask your stateroom attendant for an ice bucket and water pitcher.

The stateroom attendant will refill them twice daily, when they service the room (or at other times upon request).

Back in "those olden days, those golden days" :p the water pitchers and ice buckets were provided in all cabins automatically, without any need to ask for them.

If you don't like the tap water in your cabin, you can take your pitcher up to the buffet and refill it there.

The environmental officer on one of the ships told us that there are extra filters on the water dispensers up there.

Edited by varoo

Or else you can simply ask your stateroom attendant for an ice bucket and water pitcher.

The stateroom attendant will refill them twice daily, when they service the room (or at other times upon request).

Back in "those olden days, those golden days" :p the water pitchers and ice buckets were provided in all cabins automatically, without any need to ask for them.

If you don't like the tap water in your cabin, you can take your pitcher up to the buffet and refill it there.

The environmental officer on one of the ships told us that there are extra filters on the water dispensers up there.

When we cruised Solstice Aqua in 2015 Honolulu to Sydney , there were 2 bottles of water in the cabin on arrival which were replaced every day .

We have cruise 3 more times with the same ship and Millenium in 2016 and 2017 and it is now seemingly only supplied on the first day .

Strangely, when I asked our TA about the change in policy , she contacted Celebrity in Australia who advised her in 2016 it was still definitely Celebrity policy to supply it daily in Aqua , but on board they said it was not .

Not a great amount of extra cost for us and I suspect just a further example of cost cutting by Celebrity.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Usually a liter of Evian in my experience. Which you can also get from the bar. So yes, you could replace the room water.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We always have the Premium Drink package (provided by our travel agent as a loyalty perk to her). The first night we usually use the bottle of Evian from the room and then replace it with one from the bar.

Did you realize Evian spelled backward is Naive? Makes you think.

I saw that you can purchase a water package that includes unlimited Evian and Perrier, but it's $16/per person/per day. Also, someone posted that we can bring a case of water and two bottles of wine on board. Can anyone confirm that? We will be on the Summit to Bermuda in May. TIA

Just as an aside, anyone able to find on the web site where the bottled water is still listed in Aqua as a perk. I know all about them not replacing the water but I can't find on the site at all that they give you two bottles at the beginning of the cruise in Aqua.

Unless there has been another very recent policy change, you will still get two small bottles of their cheapest water (somebody told us it costs Celebrity less than 20 cents a bottle). That water is no longer replaces. My advice. Get the Premium Beverage package and fill your cabin with more expensive San Pelligrino, Perrier and large bottle of Evian. I can also recommend bushing your teeth with Pelligrino. It works well, tastes nice, and gives your mouth a nice tingly feeling. And we are sure that LLP is very happy to know that passengers are substituting Pelligrino for the previously included cheap stuff.

Hank

I saw that you can purchase a water package that includes unlimited Evian and Perrier, but it's $16/per person/per day. Also, someone posted that we can bring a case of water and two bottles of wine on board. Can anyone confirm that? We will be on the Summit to Bermuda in May. TIA

Confirmed.

Yes, that is correct.

You may also bring on cartons or cases of your favorite soft drinks or other non-alcoholic beverages.

Just pick up some extra luggage tags at the pier, write your stateroom number on them, peel off the backing, wrap them around your case or carton of beverages, and check them in to be delivered to your cabin along with the luggage.

Edited by varoo

........ My advice. Get the Premium Beverage package and fill your cabin with more expensive San Pelligrino, Perrier and large bottle of Evian. I can also recommend bushing your teeth with Pelligrino. It works well, tastes nice, and gives your mouth a nice tingly feeling. And we are sure that LLP is very happy to know that passengers are substituting Pelligrino for the previously included cheap stuff.

I was drinking Pelligrino on our last cruise and noticed that my legs became swollen.

I looked at the label on the bottle and saw that it had a very high sodium content. So I substituted Evian for the Pelligrino and that solved the problem.

Yes, that is correct.

You may also bring on cartons or cases of your favorite soft drinks or other non-alcoholic beverages.

Just pick up some extra luggage tags at the pier, write your stateroom number on them, peel off the backing, wrap them around your case or carton of beverages, and check them in to be delivered to your cabin along with the luggage.

Great. Thanks for confirming. We will bring our own water water.

Nothing wrong with the ship's water...it's about as pure H2O as you can get.

I couldn't agree more. I'll grab a bottle if I'm on deck or heading out on a shore excursion, but in the dining rooms or in our cabin, the ship's water is fine.

I have tried the water and I found it to have no taste at all, however I can imagine it can vary. Of course if the water taste bad I would also try to get water from other sources. My point is that people think bottle water is something special, while in reality it’s just municipal water which is often less pure than regular tap water due to the bottling process.

I find it genuinely unpleasant. We spend a lot of time in the Florida Keys, the water there is also very unpleasant so ships and the Keys are the only places I ever buy bottled water as I know how bad it is for the environment. Some third world countries excepted!

I know to some that this will sound ridiculous, because it's only water, but onboard I really like the taste of San Pellegrino. Add a slice of lime and it's even better. :D

Edited by Mynki