Question about cooler size and beer list

belmontcrew

We will be sailing on Caribbean Princess in May and the family is looking forward to our first cruise on Princess. We have sailed previously on Royal (7 cruises) and Carnival (1 cruise) and have enjoyed each. I have some questions that I could use some help.

I found somewhere on the Princess web site that you are not allowed to take a cooler that is larger than 12x12. If you do so, it will not be allowed on board and it will not be returned. Are they only referring to hard coolers? We always take soda with us and I pack a soft sided cooler in my checked luggage that is certainly larger than 12x12. It is an Icemule cooler and I would hate to lose it. Our cabin steward has always supplied us with ice to keep our drinks as well as unopened beers cold.

Does anyone have a link or a full list of beers on board?Again, I have looked at the Princess site and can only find what appears to be a partial list that is on one of the specialty restaurant’s menu.

Thanks for any help.

I've never seen anyone take a cooler onto a Princess ship. With Carnival, yes, lots of times, but not with Princess.

If you've packed a collapsible cooler in your checked baggage, then I seriously doubt they'd confiscate it. They're more interested in finding alcohol, knives (they find them often!), guns, etc. If you take it off the ship in a port and bring it back onboard, I doubt they would say anything as long as it fits in the x-ray scanner. Even if they did confiscate it, you would be able to pick it up from the Naughty Room on the last night of your cruise. You wouldn't "lose it". ;)

OP, I was completely unaware of the "No Coolers" rule on Princess.

However, I like to carry on my own wine when we cruise, and I use this insulated tote.

https://www.amazon.com/Picnic-Time-Insulated-12-Bottle-Integrated/dp/B004RCE6BQ/ref=pd_sim_468_8?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B004RCE6BQ&pd_rd_r=EDGP4GNQ2NYHAPDD3332&pd_rd_w=AzWH2&pd_rd_wg=LGNxe&psc=1&refRID=EDGP4GNQ2NYHAPDD3332

I've never had a problem walking on the ship with this. As you can see, it can hold 12 750ml bottles of wine or 40 cans. Princess will not allow you to bring beer on board, but I think they are OK with cans of soda.

OP, I was completely unaware of the "No Coolers" rule on Princess.

However, I like to carry on my own wine when we cruise, and I use this insulated tote.

https://www.amazon.com/Picnic-Time-Insulated-12-Bottle-Integrated/dp/B004RCE6BQ/ref=pd_sim_468_8?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B004RCE6BQ&pd_rd_r=EDGP4GNQ2NYHAPDD3332&pd_rd_w=AzWH2&pd_rd_wg=LGNxe&psc=1&refRID=EDGP4GNQ2NYHAPDD3332

I've never had a problem walking on the ship with this. As you can see, it can hold 12 750ml bottles of wine or 40 cans. Princess will not allow you to bring beer on board, but I think they are OK with cans of soda.

Yes, they are definitely okay with cans of soda and bottles of water.

We will be sailing on Caribbean Princess in May and the family is looking forward to our first cruise on Princess. We have sailed previously on Royal (7 cruises) and Carnival (1 cruise) and have enjoyed each. I have some questions that I could use some help.

I found somewhere on the Princess web site that you are not allowed to take a cooler that is larger than 12x12. If you do so, it will not be allowed on board and it will not be returned. Are they only referring to hard coolers? We always take soda with us and I pack a soft sided cooler in my checked luggage that is certainly larger than 12x12. It is an Icemule cooler and I would hate to lose it. Our cabin steward has always supplied us with ice to keep our drinks as well as unopened beers cold.

Does anyone have a link or a full list of beers on board?Again, I have looked at the Princess site and can only find what appears to be a partial list that is on one of the specialty restaurant’s menu.

Thanks for any help.

Coolers that hold around 12 cans of beverage are allowed.

I looked up Icemule coolers. I assume you have one of the larger ones. If you roll/fold it up and place it in your suitcase I don't really see an issue.

I do, however, question why you would require a cooler on the ship. Every cabin has a fridge which holds around 8 to 10 bottles or cans of beverage.

The cabin steward replenishes ice daily, and will provide you more if you ask for it. On deck you can order beer at any time and can order buckets to keep by your lounge chair. Room service is available around the clock with no charge for delivery. Most people do provide a tip when delivered.

Scan the below link. It was accurate in May 2017. I should still be fairly accurate.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i6tGB99g37fgoVbQW5ntnfLC5eL8WBtwj9gb4Il3vdI/edit#gid=1707712033

I don’t want to carry a styrofoam cooler around till the room is ready. The collapsible goes in our checked luggage. I also have a collapsible cooler from REI that is a little larger than 12/12/12 that I think we will take. Thanks for the help.

If anyone has a full list of beers or know where I can find, it would be greatly appreciated.

I don’t want to carry a styrofoam cooler around till the room is ready. The collapsible goes in our checked luggage. I also have a collapsible cooler from REI that is a little larger than 12/12/12 that I think we will take. Thanks for the help.

If anyone has a full list of beers or know where I can find, it would be greatly appreciated.

On Princess, your room will be ready when you board. That said, you still may not want to carry a styrofoam cooler.

The beer list is pretty minimal. At one time they were offering several varieties of their own Princess branded SeaWitch beer, but it did not go over well. I am sure I am missing some, but here is what I can remember:

• Bass Ale
  • Becks
  • Blue Moon
  • Boddingtons
  • Buckler N/A
  • Bud Light
  • Budweiser
  • Coors Light
  • Dos Equis
  • Grolsch
  • Heinekin
  • Miller Genuine Draft
  • Miller Light
  • Stella Artois(maybe)
  • Strongbow Cider(maybe)

I have also seen Fosters and Guinness in the past.

Coolers that hold around 12 cans of beverage are allowed.

I looked up Icemule coolers. I assume you have one of the larger ones. If you roll/fold it up and place it in your suitcase I don't really see an issue.

I do, however, question why you would require a cooler on the ship. Every cabin has a fridge which holds around 8 to 10 bottles or cans of beverage.

The cabin steward replenishes ice daily, and will provide you more if you ask for it. On deck you can order beer at any time and can order buckets to keep by your lounge chair. Room service is available around the clock with no charge for delivery. Most people do provide a tip when delivered.

Scan the below link. It was accurate in May 2017. I should still be fairly accurate.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i6tGB99g37fgoVbQW5ntnfLC5eL8WBtwj9gb4Il3vdI/edit#gid=1707712033

Just saw this...Awesome list. This is perfect and at least gives me a good idea of what is available.

We have never had a fridge on any ship that has kept drinks very cold. Almost all of our past trips have been on Royal and they stopped replenishing the ice in the small buckets. I am a Diet Dew drinker and my wife likes Ocean Spray. We tip the cabin steward extra at the beggening of the week and again later for having to get the extra ice. Both coolers that I have can usually keep ice for a full day. It's not a requirement, I just like the convience of always having a cold drink availble. It also helps with any beer we have left from the Buckets.:D

On Princess, your room will be ready when you board. That said, you still may not want to carry a styrofoam cooler.

The beer list is pretty minimal. At one time they were offering several varieties of their own Princess branded SeaWitch beer, but it did not go over well. I am sure I am missing some, but here is what I can remember:

• Bass Ale
  • Becks
  • Blue Moon
  • Boddingtons
  • Buckler N/A
  • Bud Light
  • Budweiser
  • Coors Light
  • Dos Equis
  • Grolsch
  • Heinekin
  • Miller Genuine Draft
  • Miller Light
  • Stella Artois(maybe)
  • Strongbow Cider(maybe)

I have also seen Fosters and Guinness in the past.

Thanks for this list. Blue Moon and Stella are good. Have you seen Red Stripe on Princess?

Just saw this...Awesome list. This is perfect and at least gives me a good idea of what is available.

We have never had a fridge on any ship that has kept drinks very cold. Almost all of our past trips have been on Royal and they stopped replenishing the ice in the small buckets. I am a Diet Dew drinker and my wife likes Ocean Spray. We tip the cabin steward extra at the beggening of the week and again later for having to get the extra ice. Both coolers that I have can usually keep ice for a full day. It's not a requirement, I just like the convience of always having a cold drink availble. It also helps with any beer we have left from the Buckets.:D

We have never had a problem on Princess with getting the ice refilled each day. My wife lets the steward know the first (or second) day that's what she wants and it always happens after that. As for Diet Dew... I worked in IT and kept a stash of that at work. I quickly learned not to put it into either of the refrigerators as it would disappear on Friday (I worked four 9's and a 4) after I left for the day. For the last 10 years or so that I worked there I just kept it in a file drawer in my office and drank it room temperature. It's probably the only soda I would ever drink that way but it certainly worked well for me. :)

Nobody is going to even notice a soft-sided cooler that's packed in carry-on luggage.

Belmont, I've always been pleased with the mini-fridges in Princess cabins. They keep our wines, ice teas, snacks, whatever, nicely chilled.

Also, the room stewards have been consistently good in keeping us stocked in ice.

On our last cruise in November, the room steward noticed that I'd carried on a bottle of Sparkling wine. So, he offered to bring an ice bucket for the Sparkler. It was a nice big lucite bucket. Every day of that cruise, he not only fillied up the standard room ice bucket but that big lucite bucket, also. Mrs. XBGuy goes through a lot of ice every day. She was in heaven.

You're going to have a great cruise.

Years ago I would have been really happy to hear that your wife likes Ocean Spray as I worked for them 30+ years. I have even had a hand in blending many of the old OS drinks. Indeed, they make some good products. Now that I am retired and Ocean Spray is not in anyway responsible for either my pay or my pension I am less thrilled to hear that people drink OS! Nevertheless, I am happy that people support a truly American company and I hope she continues to enjoy the drinks and cans of their sauce for years to come.

Carry these drinks on board if this is what you want. Princess has Coke products. Believe Mt. Dew is a Pepsi product. Have not seen Ocean Spray juices.

Princess allows you to carry on has much non-alcoholic beverage as you want at embarkation and at ports of call.

Juices are available for free during breakfast hours, but there is a charge from the bars at other times unless you have the soda & more package.

I have to have an IV Infusion once a week for medical reasons. The meds have to be kept chilled until reconstituted right before being administered, so we carry a rather large soft sided cooler with us on every cruise we take. Never had an issue with a cruise line,nor airline for that matter, however I also carry a formal letter from my physician stating the cooler is a medical necessity for transportation of the meds. Once aboard ship, the boxed meds are stored in the cabin fridge, leaving the cooler to use as we may choose. The stewards I've had on other lines will keep it as full as I request, for whatever I want to chill.;p