Cold in Fort Laud!

Clampram

Folks getting off Elation in JAX this morning have 33 degree weather. I'm sure they didn't expect that...But then, we are two hours north and 'enjoying' the snow we got yesterday. Certainly didn't expect that. EM

Yeah, Jax got the cold but not the snow. We used our allotment in '89!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Having lived in the North East for most of our lives when it is cold in FL it reminds us how much we LOVE it here......

Going on 30 years of Fl Lauderdale, we can tolerate a few cold days........

For several years we had fairly mild winters in Florida. Over the past week, that has caught up with us, with record cold and even some snow in North Central and North Florida. Do wish for some of that "Global Warming" to return.

My wife's uncle, the Colonel, always had a favorite saying: "When it comes to weather, nature loves an average." Had a number of warm winters? Just wait...

We arrived here yesterday at about 4PM (delayed flight) after a very long travel day. I had changed our flights to one day earlier to avoid the blizzard happening today in the northeast.

Temps here are 42 this morning and I am happy to have it after temps at home of 0 -19 degrees the last week

The airport was a mess when we arrived and cruise ship pick ups were being yelled at to run to the bus as "the ship is leaving" .........a good reason to come down early!

The wait for the car rental bus was terrible as we had to stand in the cold wind for about 30 minutes. There were so many people jammed into that area I thought we would never get the bus but we did OK. This morning already 92 flights have cancelled out of FLL and I feel very bad for the cruisers coming in this morning as they are going to be in a mess. We are at Harbor Beach Marriot and I saw 4 ships coming into the harbor this morning.

I hope everyone has safe travels today! We leave on the Crown this Sunday.

We are doing Crown end of month through March 3. Would you mind letting us know what you think? Really interested if new beds are in the suites. Have a wonderful trip and enjoy.

We got to Fort Lauderdale two days before our cruise last month. It was a beautiful sunny day, with a high of 84 degrees. When we sailed, it barely broke 60 and the low was 46 degrees.

I believe you got on the day we disembarked. We walked off to 46 degrees and cold. What a rude awakening our cruise being over as we left with shorts and short sleeve shirts on!

Today it was about 59 degrees and we lasted for about 2 hours out by the pool. Drove over to Total Wine and we saw 4 ships in port. The Pacific Princess was right near the bridge - it looks very small!! I never saw that one before.

Tomorrow we are making it into the 60s so progress is being made!!

We board Crown on Sunday and we are waiting til 12 noon to leave the hotel hoping that the lines won't be too long by then. What do you think about that??

We are doing Crown end of month through March 3. Would you mind letting us know what you think? Really interested if new beds are in the suites. Have a wonderful trip and enjoy.

I do not know if Crown suites have the new beds but I did read a few reviews about a month ago that said the beds were very, very nice. I will be sailing in a suite for btb cruises Feb. 18 and 23, I will try to remember to report back, although they could vary from suite to suite. I have never had a complaint about the mini or full suite bed so maybe they change them out more often? I sure hope they are in good shape!

Happy Cruising!

It’s -1 outside right now in Boston ( Friday night at 11:20 p.m. ) If it’s 50 when I get to Florida this Wednesday

I will be in shorts and a t-shirt :). To all my friends see you on the ship on Saturday.

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

It’s -1 outside right now in Boston ( Friday night at 11:20 p.m. ) If it’s 50 when I get to Florida this Wednesday

I will be in shorts and a t-shirt :). To all my friends see you on the ship on Saturday.

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

You should defrost quickly and be quite comfortable! They are predicting a high of 78 and a low of 66 on Wednesday.

Why do people in Florida complain about cold weather?

Howard

Maybe because we have to deal with frozen or nearly frozen iguanas falling out of trees? :Dhttps://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida-frozen-iguanas-falling-from-trees-during-cold-snap-bomb-cyclone-storm-east-coast/

It was 56 degrees this morning when we were driving over the bridge to go to Lester's for BK. We saw only 5 ships in the Port. Thought there would be more since it's January. Hope everyone makes it down here seamlessly for cruises today and tomorrow.

One more day for us to get on the Crown Princess!

Why do people in Florida complain about cold weather?

Because they are anxious to read the conditions in other locations?

Many of the roll calls I have followed have disintingrated into this.

Some says "It's so cold here, I can't wait for the cruise", which generates a

couple dozen weather reports.

Because they are anxious to read the conditions in other locations?

Many of the roll calls I have followed have disintingrated into this.

Some says "It's so cold here, I can't wait for the cruise", which generates a

couple dozen weather reports.

Isn't it easier to turn on the TV weather channel?