Cruise for parents' 50th Anniversary?

unicorns1982

Good day, fellow cruisers!!! :)

We're looking into taking my parents on either a Caribbean or European cruise for their 50th wedding anniversary this year! I've cruised with Carnival and Princess, but I'd also like to give other cruise lines a shot. Any advice on a good cruise line for such a memorable ocassion? ANY and ALL feedback helps. I was looking into Royal Caribbean, NCL, Princess (again), Celebrity, and Cunard. Thanks, everyone! ;)

I am in the same situation. We are looking for ideas on which cruise line and itinerary to take my in-laws on for their 50th. The kicker is that it's my 50th birthday the same year so trying to find a cruise that will offer options for both them as well as myself and my friends that may go on the cruise also. The one issue we have is that it has to be a Carribbean cruise because my in-laws want to make the cruise accessible for both my wife side and her brothers family. We live in central Florida so any port in Florida is accessible for us. Thanks.

Congratulations on your Parent's Major Milestone.

Let me recommend that you first select itinerary. This is important before going directly with the cruise line.

By that I mean decided Mediterranean, British Isles, Northern Europe etc if Europe is the choice.

If it is Caribbean decided Eastern, Wester, Southern.

If you want to plan something very special I would highly recommend Europe.

Once you get an idea of where to cruise then we could help you with ideas for cruise lines and you'll want to enlist the help of a TA.

Europe would definitely cost more because of airfare so think that through carefully.

Keith

I am in the same situation. We are looking for ideas on which cruise line and itinerary to take my in-laws on for their 50th. The kicker is that it's my 50th birthday the same year so trying to find a cruise that will offer options for both them as well as myself and my friends that may go on the cruise also. The one issue we have is that it has to be a Carribbean cruise because my in-laws want to make the cruise accessible for both my wife side and her brothers family. We live in central Florida so any port in Florida is accessible for us. Thanks.

Congrats to your in-laws and to yourself as well. I think we will get some good and useful feedback here. ;)

Congratulations on your Parent's Major Milestone.

Let me recommend that you first select itinerary. This is important before going directly with the cruise line.

By that I mean decided Mediterranean, British Isles, Northern Europe etc if Europe is the choice.

If it is Caribbean decided Eastern, Wester, Southern.

If you want to plan something very special I would highly recommend Europe.

Once you get an idea of where to cruise then we could help you with ideas for cruise lines and you'll want to enlist the help of a TA.

Europe would definitely cost more because of airfare so think that through carefully.

Keith

Thanks, Keith. Yes, that does make sense (picking the itinerary first). We'r still looking into it, and, like you said, we do need to keep airfare in mind, especially if it's Europe.

Thanks, Keith. Yes, that does make sense (picking the itinerary first). We'r still looking into it, and, like you said, we do need to keep airfare in mind, especially if it's Europe.

Abby, once you pick the itinerary we can really help you with ideas for cruise lines.

Keith

If you want a first class experience for this once-in-a-lifetime event, consider Oceania (make sure your comparison is total cost and NOT just cabin cost (e.g., the included amenities such as an airfare credit if you choose to drive to the port, beverages, specialty restaurants, internet, et al.). Use a TA who is a top seller for Oceania ("O" Connoisseurs Club member) and you'll get added perks such as gratuities and/or refundable OBC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thiis is so nice.

You have lots of great choices.

For a family of different ages I would take a look at Celebrity.

Keith

A lot would depend on how active your parents are. The European itineraries are all about the ports--with lots of time away from the ship. The shore excursions in all the ports add a lot of costs in addition to the cruise fare and air fare.

A lot would depend on how active your parents are. The European itineraries are all about the ports--with lots of time away from the ship. The shore excursions in all the ports add a lot of costs in addition to the cruise fare and air fare.

It's so weird that some folks talk about how the itinerary in Europe as being more important than the ships. Yet, it is the antiquities and other features of ports that remain consistent across cruise lines. The real difference IS the ship's including the food, service and amenities once you return from your shoreside visits.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did a cruise for my parents 50th anniversary too. We chose Royal Caribbean because it had activities and a great kids club. We chose the Caribbean because my Dad has some mobility issues and the Caribbean would be easier on him than a European cruise. He and my Mom could do a half day excursion, seeing the sights and then return to the ship to rest, have room service provide them with lunch on their balcony while the more active could plan another excursion. We pre-ordered room and door decorations, a bottle of wine and a cheese plate for them and then a cake for dinner on the night we celebrated their anniversary (all at cost from the pre-planning gifts). On the night of the celebration, several of the waitstaff surprised them with a cake with sparklers and everyone in the dining room joined in a cheesy song that absolutely delighted them. Everyone had gotten them small gifts prior to the cruise like a beach bag with sunscreen, over-the-counter meds, Bonine, Caps for the pool, etc. We have wonderful photos of all the fun. Talk to a travel agent who specializes in cruises. He can help you select cabins for everyone. I would suggest a balcony cabin close to the elevators, mid-ship.

OP, congrats to your parents and your family! Europe is awesome, but I also agree with the Caribbean for this occasion.

We did CA to Hawaii for my parents 50th which also occurred during Christmas & New Years. Have a great trip and enjoy all the lifetime memories you'll share together!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk