One Night Cruise Fans

girlguide

Checked the new schedule release and no more one night Pacific Coastals added :(

Love these little getaways! We're booked for Apr 27/18, Sep 23/18 & May 10/19. We were hoping to get at least one for Sep/19. I guess we'll have to see what's added for 2020.

I think the reason you're not seeing them is that they are hard to sell. It's such a huge process IMO to board, unpack, go to muster, etc. only to have to repack and leave early the next morning. In the past, a lot of companies used them as incentives but even then, it's not that great of an incentive compared to a 3 or 4 night cruise where you actually get a little feeling of what cruising is like. I'm sure the bottom line is what's important here; Princess probably makes more money on adding another day to a longer cruise vs. having a 1 nighter.

Checked the new schedule release and no more one night Pacific Coastals added :(

Love these little getaways! We're booked for Apr 27/18, Sep 23/18 & May 10/19. We were hoping to get at least one for Sep/19. I guess we'll have to see what's added for 2020.

I don't think they have released the Sept 2019 schedule yet. I am looking for a Vancouver to SF or even LA or San Diego and don't see any scheduled cruises for this time period released as of this morning.

Actually not that hard to sell because they're usually on or near the weekend & the proximity of Vancouver/Seattle made it easy for locals to book for a quick getaway or a "special night".

I think it's probably more about profitability for the company & the hard work for the crew. Two turnaround days in a row! :eek:

Lots of blue cards, but just as many Platinum & Elite and we get all the included goodies of the loyalty level. :cool:

I don't think they have released the Sept 2019 schedule yet. I am looking for a Vancouver to SF or even LA or San Diego and don't see any scheduled cruises for this time period released as of this morning.

I had an email yesterday about the schedules & can see to the end of 2019.

Maybe check for specific ships - any that are doing Alaska 2019

I had an email yesterday about the schedules & can see to the end of 2019.

Maybe check for specific ships - any that are doing Alaska 2019

I got that email this morning which prompted me to look into it. I was only getting through Sept and no coastals but see them now. thanks!! That's what I was waiting for.

So it is OK to share with us the "inside information" about what won't be offered, but not even a clue as to what will be. As is how are the ships that end the Alaska season in Seattle going to reposition themselves elsewhere without the one night Seattle-Vancouver sailing designed to avoid the PVSA :confused:

Inquiring minds want to know...

Look at the schedule for the Seattle Alaska ships & you’ll see they are starting/ending with open jaw sailings. 7 night Alaska cruise Vancouver to Seattle or Seattle to Vancouver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 night, what a waste of time.

1 night, what a waste of time.

Ships are full of passengers trying to make Elite with 15 nights total at sea with Princess. Have seen inside cabins as low as $39 each over the years. Have heard of people booking two insides between then to get double the points then they leave one empty. Thus they bought a Cruise credit for an additional $39. They can make Elite with 8 days at sea and an investment of about $600 each with Princess. All perfectly legal with Princess but just a little annoying when we board a cruise with an average of 11 days per cruise credit and it takes 3 days to get laundry returned and priority tendering is cancelled because there are too many Elites onboard.

AE_Collector

I think the reason you're not seeing them is that they are hard to sell. It's such a huge process IMO to board, unpack, go to muster, etc. only to have to repack and leave early the next morning. In the past, a lot of companies used them as incentives but even then, it's not that great of an incentive compared to a 3 or 4 night cruise where you actually get a little feeling of what cruising is like. I'm sure the bottom line is what's important here; Princess probably makes more money on adding another day to a longer cruise vs. having a 1 nighter.

What would you have to pack. Wear your clothes on. Sleep in the underwear that you are wearing. Put on your outer clothes when you get up. Brush your teeth so I guess that you have to pack a toothbrush. Walk off the ship.

I think that the whole idea of a 1 nighter is ridiculous but not because of the packing issue.

DON

I've noticed that same thing; disappointed as we've always enjoyed these little getaways. We usually make a long weekend out of it.

Just got notice a few weeks ago that the Ruby overnighter in Sept is cancelled (this one worked out perfect to get us to Vancouver to board another cruise ship). Don't know yet if it will work out for us to move to the Emerald.

FWIW, took an overnighter on Norwegian Pearl a while ago - only 400 people on board. Haven't seen another one offered by them in a while.

Holland American still has some scheduled. . .

Interesting thread in support of and against one night cruises. I think a 7 day cruise is too short so 1 day would not set well with me. Other cruiselines have changed their loyalty program to nights at sea and not voyages which defeats those trying to get to elite with 15 1-day or even 3/4 day cruises. IMO Princess needs to do the same. As for not having many aboard or cheap cabins says a lot about why Princess is not scheduling any more lately.

I got that email this morning which prompted me to look into it. I was only getting through Sept and no coastals but see them now. thanks!! That's what I was waiting for.

Ok...so upon further inspection ... and please correct me if I am still wrong, I only see the Royal as leaving from either Vancouver or Seattle through Sept ... all Alaska sailings and then nothing! So, I still don't think they've released all their itineraries as of yet, especially not for short sailings. I am looking to sail up to Alaska out of Vancouver and then trying to catch another sailing back home to SF. I have done this before and it is a beautiful way to end a trip. So much better than fighting at the airport to get home.

There are no itineraries for the Golden, Star, Coral, Island or Ruby listed past their Alaska sailings..... at least not as far as I can see. As mentioned, I do see a sailing from Vancouver to LA on the Royal listed at the end of the Alaska season ... just nothing for the rest of them. I still am holding out hope that one will open up and looks like there is a pretty good chance of that happening on one of the 5 ships listed.

Again, let me know if someone see something different.

Ships are full of passengers trying to make Elite with 15 nights total at sea with Princess. Have seen inside cabins as low as $39 each over the years. Have heard of people booking two insides between then to get double the points then they leave one empty. Thus they bought a Cruise credit for an additional $39. They can make Elite with 8 days at sea and an investment of about $600 each with Princess. All perfectly legal with Princess but just a little annoying when we board a cruise with an average of 11 days per cruise credit and it takes 3 days to get laundry returned and priority tendering is cancelled because there are too many Elites onboard.

AE_Collector

Unfortunately you are misinformed. Elite needs 15 CRUISES not 15 nights. Heck, anyone whose first cruise ever was on a Panama Canal full transit would be elite if it only took 15 nights :D. Fortunately it is not that easy!

Now this thread has me nervous. . .so decided to book the Sept overnighter on Emerald! Don't think the May 2019 one is going to work out as it is on a Thursday-Friday. Can't justify two days off work for one of these.

While doing some research, I noticed that Holland America is offering two night repositioning cruises (with a port stop in Victoria). One of those might be tempting, but the current prices is $900 for a balcony guaranty. It would be great if Princess did some two or three night repositioning cruises in the future between Seattle and Vancouver.

Since I'm still working and live close to Seattle, being able to get on a cruise ship and not take any time off (or just a day) is a lot of fun for us. And the prices are not too bad when figuring we get a room, three meals, some entertainment, and travel to or from Seattle all included in the fare.

Cheers,

Now this thread has me nervous. . .so decided to book the Sept overnighter on Emerald! Don't think the May 2019 one is going to work out as it is on a Thursday-Friday. Can't justify two days off work for one of these.

May 10/ 2019 is a Friday boarding - I like these since we can spend an extra night in the Seattle area and take the train home Sunday eve.:D

Princess has usually scheduled the one nighters for Fri/Sat/or Sun boarding. I don't mind taking Friday or Monday off if needed but I can't do 2 days off together.

I've looked at HAL a few times but often the dates are mid week and the port charges are crazy high $65+!:eek: Even I have a budget limit for these little cruises!

May 10/ 2019 is a Friday boarding - I like these since we can spend an extra night in the Seattle area and take the train home Sunday eve.:D

Princess has usually scheduled the one nighters for Fri/Sat/or Sun boarding. I don't mind taking Friday or Monday off if needed but I can't do 2 days off together.

I've looked at HAL a few times but often the dates are mid week and the port charges are crazy high $65+!:eek: Even I have a budget limit for these little cruises!

Hmmm, you are right! I must have been looking at the 2018 calendar. Thanks for straightening me out, I will look closer at that one

Sent from my iPad using Forums