Marina restaurant dress code

rivieramayalover

Thank you. We've only been on a few cruises and the 2 other lines we were on charge for their specialty restaurants so sharing a table didn't come up. Sometimes we enjoy sharing other times not so I appreciate knowing our options.

The choices you get are pretty much determined by your room level, or how soon you get to book them. Although there are definitely other factors, Sea day or port day, how long you’re in port that evening, itinerary, make up of other passengers etc.

We refuse to eat at 9pm, so would rather share than eat late. Our preference is to eat alone and early, but you can’t always get what you want.

We typically always make our reservations for sharing. We have never had the problems poor Pam did, although it is always possible.

As to other comments , CA is the US abbreviation for California. I’m sorry I forgot about the number of Non US posters that may not understand that.

It’s also the abbreviation for Canada.

<snip> As to other comments, CA is the US abbreviation for California <snip> I forgot about the number of Non US posters that may not understand that.
Huh??
It’s also the abbreviation for Canada.
Thanks ORV, you darling Missourian you (hope I got THAT right). :p

~ Linda

Can someone tell me if dressy sandals can be worn in the dining room?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes they are! The one thing I think the sandal restriction is trying to prevent is rubberized flip flops...those kind of shoes...however I won’t go there...about seeing those anyway!

I notice Tahiti2018 didn’t specify gender. In this era of equal rights, if woman can wear an open sided, single thonged sandal , basically a flip flop made of leather, can’t men do the same?

See how easy it is to go grunge?

Yup, in the beloved words of Hondorner...his favorite shoes were a closed toe fisherman’s sandal, and I know he wore them on cruises to dinner!!!!!

That’s ridiculous. So the trick there would be to voice your displeasure to staff loud enough so that said VIP hears what a dick they are.

In any case Oceania is now 15 years old. They need to start modernizing for the next generation. The screechy violin music around the pool before noon just doesn’t cut it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Uhhh, yeah, right. It's obvious class doesn't come with money! Screechy violin music? Obviously, fine music is lost on you. If your version of modernizing is: Rap music("Crap" misspelled)ball caps at dinner/ghetto dress styles etc. then I'd suggest staying with Carnival type lines would be best for pax like you.

We just got off Riviera on Saturday and I can say that the dress on board was much more casual than I've ever seen it before. To be honest, I was disappointed to see how poorly some dressed in the evening, and the fact that they were allowed into the MDR at night wearing shorts, no collar t-shirts and other things I thought were inappropriate for Oceania's dress code. I even saw some men wearing rubber thong sandals in the MDR at night.

We were on the cruise after you & most pax dressed as advertised. Saw NO shorts at all except at breakfast/lunch. Jeans were turned away at night(as should be)One "rapper" type kid(early 20's) with his well dressed parents was the only one to get away with it. With only about 5 or so black pax on board, I think the Maître D wanted to avoid the old "race card" routine that I see get played on cruise ships these days. So he let this one guy get away with his (poor) choice of style. Too bad his parents didn't slap him off side the head! We saw some coats in the G/D many wore coats in the specialty rest. Nearly all in La Reserve. Overall dress was quite nice. Not Cunard, but certainly NOT Carnival either.

Linda aka CoolChile, Is it CANADA as in C-eh-N-eh-D-eh ?

Sorry - I hope you have a sense of humor - otherwise apologies

Paulchili, rumour has it I have at least some semblance of a sense of humour, so thanks for the laugh, eh.

As an aside, I've wondered for years if we might be related, seeing we both seem to be members of the chile (chili to you) family. :D

~ Linda 🌶

Paulchili, rumour has it I have at least some semblance of a sense of humour, so thanks for the laugh, eh.

As an aside, I've wondered for years if we might be related, seeing we both seem to be members of the chile (chili to you) family. :D

~ Linda 🌶

My “Chili” is in very fond memory of the best dog that ever lived (doesn’t every dog lover say this :D) - a yellow lab called Chili. RIP.

The avatar, OTOH, is our current wonderful black lab Pepper (he is wonderful but he’s no Chili :D)

Paulchili, <snip> I've wondered for years if we might be related, seeing we both seem to be members of the chile (chili to you) family. :D ~ Linda 🌶
My “Chili” is in very fond memory of the best dog that ever lived (doesn’t every dog lover say this ) - a yellow lab called Chili. RIP.

The avatar, OTOH, is our current wonderful black lab Pepper (he is wonderful but he’s no Chili )

May Chili RIP indeed. It's clear how much love you had (and still have) for Chilli. Pepper must get all the attention now, maybe s/he's even sitting at your feet at this moment filled with glowing admiration. Or maybe just looking for a scratch. :halo:

This was just my way of letting you know I've always been intrigued by your cool username, being the inveterate chilehead that I am. :D

~ Linda