Live from Navigator...1st leg of world cruise

crusin7

We are scheduled on a segment of next year's world cruise. We love the Navigator. Never seasick on Navigator, Obviously, Navigator is meant to sail world cruises. Otherwise Regent wouldn't schedule them. This year, sailing a segment of Grand Cruise on Navigator.

To Everyone on this journey-- wishing you calm seas and safe travels.

Well a lot has changed since last night. We woke about 2:30am bobbing like a cork. I put a Scop patch on last night so feel okay. Many things fell down in our bathroom.

We have room service at 8:00. The coffee seems better. I brought my peppermint mocha creamer so that helps. Our butler says the seas will be like this for 2 days :eek: We are in the front of the ship on deck 10. He says we will feel the motion the most. It is now 10:00 and the seas are pretty bad. Too much movement to shower.

Our room has lots of storage. Much more than the Explorer had. I will be happy to answer any questions. Looks like I'm staying in room for now.

Captain Atanas Kostadinov

GM Davor

CD Jamie & Dana

Chef Michael

Food & Bev. Ricky

Cruise Consultant Bruce

We were on the WC on the Navigator this year. I know it is a popular ship with some but was not ours. We still love the Mariner and have booked her WC in 2020.

We were in a Grand Suite,700, and found the storage less than desired. Fortunately Davor installed a clothing rod across the tub since we did not use it. For tender ports the anchor was a great alarm clock but definitely felt the pitching. Out of San Diego I felt as though I was levitating. LOL!

Love Davor, Ricky and Jamie and Dana. The Concierge Daniella on board this trip? They all were fantastic on our trip.

Good Morning! We survived the ships gyrations. We never left our room yesterday. We had a dinner that consisted of grilled chicken and white rice. It was delicious.

Yesterday was very hard for us. We lost 3 friends in the Santa Barbara mudslides. It is unbelievable! Our home and our 2 boys and their families are all safe.

The seas are much calmer. I even went to the spa. I had reflexology with Chetan. He is amazing. We know him from the Mariner. It was nice to de stress with him.

So sorry for the loss of your friends. California has experienced a disasterous your this year.

Thank you all for your concern. I am very thankful we have free phone time. We have used quite a bit.

The seas have calmed down and the sun made an appearance. There were quite a few people on lounge chairs by the pool. (which is empty). I even saw one man in the jacuzzi, which thankfully is full!

Tonight is the Captain's reception. It is a formal optional night. We like everyone else will try to dine in Compass Rose. The service remains excellent.

We woke up to blue skies and a rainbow on the horizon. It's gorgeous! The waves have settled and we feel only slight movement. I am on our balcony looking for the elusive whales.

Our first night in Compass Rose was underwhelming. We were greeted warmly at the desk and taken to our table. We waited about 10 mins. before anyone inquired about drinks. What bothered me most was our waiter appeared with his face in an IPad and asked for our order. No introduction, not even a hello. We are have sailed over 300 nights with Regent. We never had this happen before. They were busy but not crazy busy. I will mention this on my mid cruise questionairre.

They had a rib BBQ for lunch. We ate out on the back of La Veranda. It was beautiful.

Yes, Daniella is on board. We haven't met her yet.

We woke up to blue skies and a rainbow on the horizon. It's gorgeous! The waves have settled and we feel only slight movement. I am on our balcony looking for the elusive whales.

Our first night in Compass Rose was underwhelming. We were greeted warmly at the desk and taken to our table. We waited about 10 mins. before anyone inquired about drinks. What bothered me most was our waiter appeared with his face in an IPad and asked for our order. No introduction, not even a hello. We are have sailed over 300 nights with Regent. We never had this happen before. They were busy but not crazy busy. I will mention this on my mid cruise questionairre.

They had a rib BBQ for lunch. We ate out on the back of La Veranda. It was beautiful.

Yes, Daniella is on board. We haven't met her yet.

Last year on world cruise did not see whales until we got to Hawaii. Then they were everywhere. Hope this happens again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Good Morning. We had a very nice evening yesterday. Dinner in Sette Mari was great. The waitstaff was excellent. They put Compass Rose to shame. I had the Osso Bucco which was melt in your mouth quality. It was seasoned perfectly. Jim had grilled swordfish. He enjoyed it. (Go for the Osso Bucco)

We finally saw some entertainment. The Divas of Motown were fabulous. They sang Supremes, Whitney, and Jackson Five. Very high energy! We both agreed they are the best act we have seen on Regent. They had everyone standing clapping or dancing. They will perform again in a few days.

Thanks for the whale tips. I can't wait to see them!

Good Morning. We had a very nice evening yesterday. Dinner in Sette Mari was great. The waitstaff was excellent. They put Compass Rose to shame. I had the Osso Bucco which was melt in your mouth quality. It was seasoned perfectly. Jim had grilled swordfish. He enjoyed it. (Go for the Osso Bucco)

We finally saw some entertainment. The Divas of Motown were fabulous. They sang Supremes, Whitney, and Jackson Five. Very high energy! We both agreed they are the best act we have seen on Regent. They had everyone standing clapping or dancing. They will perform again in a few days.

Thanks for the whale tips. I can't wait to see them!

d1093a6bb3f4d52d863548a5fea28ed8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Crusin 7 Thanks for those beautiful pictures. Good job. Have a marvelous cruise with calm seas. Elaine

Thank you Elaine1e47ec2cbf1806c2633dad2be064a1ec.jpg61fde92c11fb0ab8119625af7a2cc5c3.jpg

We ate in Prime 7. Whole Maine lobster....excellent. 6 Ounce Filet Mignon, twice baked potato, green beans. All delicious.

Unfortunately they announced 2 Code Mikes during dinner. Both in Compass Rose about 1 hour apart. The food and service were all fantastic.

We had the Block Party to meet our neighbors. The turnout was excellent. It was cancelled previously due to vomiting by most. All our deck mates said they were sick. Seas are rougher since this afternoon but nothing like Tuesday. We will be happy to get to Oahu on Sunday.

I am really enjoying cruising along with you. Your pics are great. I really enjoy the intimacy of the Navigator.

Thank you tallship! Here was the view walking back to our room. Water in the pool.6bab9801c2bac0064efe4ce21880e250.jpg

If you are arriving on Sunday in Hawaii you will be coming in with forecasted very high seas. They will be generally in the direction you are traveling, a following sea. Wave heights at the North Shore breaks up to 50 ft. on Sunday, less in the open ocean according to forecasters. Hopefully your captain will be able to stay ahead of it.