Live from Navigator...1st leg of world cruise

crusin7

Crisy,

I think we are batting 100% on our choices! The Gardens were stunning!

Yes, the parrots were talking when we walked by. At first I thought someone was speaking to me LOL.

Carolyn

We are sailing to Kauai. I looked for whales but soon after we left the harbor the ship started bouncing again. I made the mistake of showering and really felt the motion.

Not one to skip a meal I pulled it together and we dined in Compass Rose.

Jim started with the sushi/sashimi app. He said it was excellent.63c177b1162711d54da0b5cd07948dba.jpg

I had the half of roasted chicken with cranberry relish and rice. It was deelish. 002b9676ffd5129eaac80a1de3a2d238.jpg

I was such a good sailor I was able to order dessert. Okay the seas were much calmer.

Lemon tart6b890a3dbf7c54e8cbcb69226f6b9ac6.jpg.

The tart was okay. Jim got Hazelnut soufflé with whipped cream instead of nutmeg sauce. He liked it but not as much as the previous ones.ca905a11ca144194ada62170aa6a1d9f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Enjoying your trip reporting including photos - blue or otherwise.

If you're using an iPad / iPhone, applying the "Transfer" filter is a one step fix to take some of that blue out.

Cheers!

9cfe5bd780a7ff82e350f6f6bc17c66e.jpg

I was wondering about your thoughts on the blue lights in general in Compass Rose.

Besides the obvious photo challenges - do you find it affects your perception of the food?

P.s. there are other ways to really "perfect" your blue pics after the fact but was trying to share a 1 step improvement (lest the photogs among us come after me). :)

I know some of you might be interested in what the Butler brings for apps. Today cheese & crackers. ca623ea9c2eeecfd36bd1584265f1bbd.jpg

See they are not blue!

I know some of you might be interested in what the Butler brings for apps. Today cheese & crackersca623ea9c2eeecfd36bd1584265f1bbd.jpg

See they are not blue!

If you like shrimp and crab legs, you can order that from your butler, for appetizers before dinner.

Enjoy!

Sheila

Crisy,

I think we are batting 100% on our choices! The Gardens were stunning!

Yes, the parrots were talking when we walked by. At first I thought someone was speaking to me LOL.

Carolyn

Carolyn you are correct! Oh I'm so glad they spoke to you! We are doing the Fern Grotto today. We were doing Mudbugs but cancelled. It sounded too "muddy".

Today was the Wailua River Cruise and Fern Grotto. It was a good excursion. We had a very good guide.

Wailua River seen from above

2ec12c47ee16dc45ea6ab71aa57acc6a.jpg

On the Wailua River47f92ab35c0eca9f396ba446fb65347b.jpg

Performers at Fern Grotto04f51906f3667241af8487ae851fbff6.jpg

Fern Grottod0dd3135f015a4ae3afe0a9264a3c577.jpg

Roosters & chickens everywhere. d7e7daa8e5569461e76380b0c0c1bac4.jpg

Aloha Crisy:

As long as you are showing beautiful pictures, do you happen to have any of your Suite? We have reservations for a GS on deck 8, but wonder if your MS on 10 (please correct us if we have that wrong) would be worth pursuing? It looks (understatement) quite nice. Is your forward deck big enough to host a small table and two chairs for casual dining out there? Mahalo - and warmest Aloha as you visit Maui tomorrow.

Aloha Silver Sweetheart. Yes we are on deck 10. It's a wonderful suite. We were also in a GS on 8 about 4 years ago. If it's a huge $$$ difference I would go with GS. If small $$ difference get Master

Nice table on front deck2cdacff83dfac00fa4b873b2c7f91337.jpg

Side deck604baa312afb0a5b4973bd8ac397c6a3.jpg

Living rooma81fd39aa15dc8e065c99a3170955974.jpg

Have a question about your suite. We were in your suite 5 years ago (the last time we were on the Navigator) and heard "heavy walking" sounds all night. It took a couple of days to figure out that it was coming from the Bridge where officers walk back and forth 24/7. Hopefully this has been remedied with carpeting or something on the bridge. Have you heard any noise from above you?

Thanks.

We had dinner in Sette Mari. Service was excellent. I started with spaghetti carbonara OMG deelish!6a2db7219133471b01268c89bad5a730.jpg

Main course for us both was veal Milanese. Holy smokes! The portion is Flintstone size. a58d8c78a2347ea532860fafc0ba0c82.jpg

We had Superb service with Muriel!