Live from Navigator...1st leg of world cruise

crusin7

We all meet at reception to pick up our packets of gold...our seasickness medication.

I am new to Regents. We are doing Honolulu to Sydney in Nov. Your comment indicates that if seas are rough that they will hand out seasick medication. Is this standard or something only on the World Cruise?

I am enjoying your review tremendously, and so looking forward to our cruise, rough seas or not. Thanks for your great review, and allowing us to "sail with you."

Hi Papaflamingo. It is my experience, and I am a poor sailor, that they give each guest 2 packets of Meclizine. Each packet has 2 pills. The dose is 1 pill every 12 hours. You pick them up in reception. I'm sure the clinic has Scopolomine patches but I would bring my own. You have to get a prescription for those in the US. I also have the acupressure wrist bands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Papaflamingo. It is my experience, and I am a poor sailor, that they give each guest 2 packets of Meclizine. Each packet has 2 pills. The dose is 1 pill every 12 hours. You pick them up in reception. I'm sure the clinic has Scopolomine patches but I would bring my own. You have to get a prescription for those in the US. I also have the acupressure wrist bands.

I travel with Bonine and a Reliefband Watch. They work great

Hi crusin 7.

Enjoying your posts. We are passing in the night! DH had the oso buco night before last and thought it was very well done also. We are in Prime 7 last night too. I had the 6oz filet. It was done to perfection!

We were on for the full world cruise and had a great boarding experience....no "red carpet drama". We were checked in and given our key cards at the hotel that morning and driven to the ship in small Limo style vans. Once at the ship we walked directly to the ship stopping only to ex-ray the hand luggage and to our suites to settle in...very nice start to the cruise.

So far we love the Navigator, her size is just right for us. My favorites are the aft outdoor lounge off the Galileo Lounge during the day (we loved a similar area off the Horizon Lounge on the Mariner) and the piano player in the Navigator Lounge.

I won't post much on your thread unless someone has a question for me.

If anyone is interested in what is going on with us, we are doing a daily blog with pictures at:

www.2018worldcruise.blogspot.com

So glad you are posting. I am so sorry to hear about the tragedy with the mudslides in California. Terrible.

As far as whales in Hawaii, we just returned from a week onMaui. Whales were everywhere. I saw more than I have ever seen in my life, which is a lot!

Bon voyage!

So glad you are posting. I am so sorry to hear about the tragedy with the mudslides in California. Terrible.

They just found the 19th victim. It is Morgan, our daughter-in-laws best friend. We are heartbroken. :loudcry:

They just found the 19th victim. It is Morgan, our daughter-in-laws best friend. We are heartbroken. :loudcry:

I am so sorry!

I travel with Bonine and a Reliefband Watch. They work great

Thank you both for the info. My wife is the one who is most concerned. I spent 12 years in the USCG and flew for a major airlines for 28 years so I know I'm not prone to motion sickness. That being said, the Coast Guard motto is "Always Ready." Think I'll be sure I am. :cool:

I am so sorry!

Thank you Rachel.

We went to Compass Rose for dinner. Thankfully it was the old CR we know and love. Our waiter, Joshua was excellent. My pictures are terrible because we are sitting under the blue lights.

I started with Steak Tartare. It was very good05e2031abf94401953a635f8409c802f.jpg

My entree was Cavatelli Pasta. Creamy veal Bolognese & porcini mushroom sauce. It was excellent. 63b46bca58d2269496cad38ce98c1ffc.jpg

We both had a passion fruit soufflé. Yummy8f3c9465cc90006c0e3ad28f12ab9955.jpg

Hi Crisy,

So sorry to hear the devastating news about your friends caught in the mudslides - so tragic and unexpected. Glad to hear your home and family are safe.

Hope you are enjoying the cruise despite the bad news and the uncomfortable sea conditions. Your pictures are great.

Be wary of any government text messages you receive while around Hawaii :o.

All the best to you and Jim

Susan & David :*

The ship has movement but it's not a vomiting motion. We arrive in Honolulu at 0900 Sunday. Hopefully no ballistic missiles chasing us!

Good to hear that the seas have been better the last couple of days. It seems that crossing the Pacific Ocean can be quite extremely rough. It was both last year and this year.

It is 9:00 a.m. PST so you'll arrive in Honolulu in 3 hours. Have a great time!

Crisy, I thought of you throughout the Santa Barbara wildfires but didn't connect you with your CC tag "crusin7" until now (thanks Flossie for the namecheck). Just catching up then and reading of the dreadful news from your friends, which must be hard to bear when you are so far away.

Wishing you calm seas both physically and metaphorically speaking.

Gill

We had no problems with waves coming in.

Sunday's! Best part of the week. CAVIAR78c042a2f693a4bdf379d84b211bf662.jpg

Yummy eggs Benedict 2966132f54a1d9e467773025425967a9.jpg

You can ask for caviar on your eggs. Double yummy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family for your tragic losses in Santa Barbara. Every time I open this thread -it begins with the "drizzle on the way to the ship". And, reminds us all why we should cherish each day we have.

Keep the photos coming. It brings such wonderful memories and of future good times.

Calm seas and fair skies!

Sheila and Herb

Thank you Sheila & Herb.

Today we walked on land...WHOO HOO! We chose the Atlantis submarine excursion. We were to meet at 10:00am in the theater. They were very organized. We were on the bus at 10:20. We drove to Hilton Village. A rep from Atlantis met us to lead us to the dock. Holy smokes it is kind of far...at least 1/4 mile. Maybe even more. The excursion is fun and kind of hokey. They said we dove to a depth of 110 feet. Again all my pics look blue. They said because of the ocean depth.

A sea turtle be81f1d93833d0eaea45173b533db037.jpgt

The submarine a901cffd0ee4386d934d445737acdd63.jpg

A shark312038c4871ad486c3de59c07bd8e4d6.jpg

The weather was very nice 81° and not humid.