Live from Navigator...1st leg of world cruise

crusin7

Thank you for your kind words. I forgot to mention that we have an amazing lady on board...June Tureya. Besides the Chef she is the most popular person on the ship. She teaches us all things Hawaiian and Polynesian. She is the one who brought all of our flowers on board to teach us how to string our beautiful leis. The other day we made bracelets from hand painted kukui nuts.....Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am not sure how the ship is going to replace June and her activities for us on the rest of the World Cruise. She fills the theater with her crafts....both men and women are enjoying her classes!! Her dance class will have a performance soon.

We went from stormy seas and mostly sunny weather to calm seas and lots of rain today. Maybe we can try for sun and calm seas at the same time!

Hopefully it will be a sunny day tomorrow...we will be in Rangiroa, an interesting island.

Carolyn

Today we are in Rangiroa, French Polynesia. It is one of the worlds largest atolls. An atoll is a ring shaped coral reef that encircles a lagoon. It is a hot sunny day. We are tendered today.

Island Welcome6895da796940767124f00d921787909e.jpg

Glass bottom boat excursion

311ff36fe3ea767324db586923acde72.jpg

Our Captain attracting fish

69b4cdbafdddb9dfdedfd7310bfa2044.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome to Papeete, Tahiti! We had a smooth ride from Rangiroa. We are docked in the downtown area. It's my first time to Tahiti and this is not what I expected. It is a modern city. I expected a more modern Rangiroa.

Docked

6ae453f3c12fc0722f3be8fb25c91cd4.jpg

I decided not to go on my excursion and hit the Marche de Papeete, the largest marketplace in the area. It's time for some retail therapy.

Market

edd057a1f2befff875380df5194ebf44.jpg

Fruits & Veggies

3db3b6586a80de6aece6022dbe728aeb.jpg

26b1a6d91ce5d8c077444005fc3d9be0.jpg

This evening we had a real treat. At 6:00pm we had a local dance troupe come and perform. They were absolutely fantastic. Otathiti E! I wish you could see how they shook their hips! Unbelievable.

Award winning troupe

6e48e24501819a6d59d7ec1b19aa63b4.jpg

c11cbffbc0166248e33511f8af71e812.jpg

68bae80efe196fa822c7d9434187aa88.jpg

We arrived in Bora Bora this morning and were greeted by a beautiful rainbow!

851199f4f17c2375464f4366bbb0bdc7.jpg

We have never been here before. Because my husband is still laid up with his leg I went on the Le Truck excursion. We had a short tender to the dock. We were loaded into open air busses. It was a 2 1/2 hour drive around the Island with photo stops. The Island is breath taking!

Our bus

f60b79cfcf6424047f0ac0d1d789ccb0.jpg

Beautiful da0e91e4953489a9fd3f526b0587c694.jpg

We stopped at Bloody Mary's a famous restaurant with sand floors

0a149b2865479de24c505d8f0b1c3714.jpg

We went to a sarong tying demonstration. They were very friendly!

Warm welcome

7647e86e30b32c62fce2ec224a6722a1.jpg

Sarong experts with their models!

b8de0fe4ba98b56b85c76fe7173cb347.jpg

Crisy,

You have made my Saturday morning enjoying all your postings. We've been on 2 WC's (Voyager) and you're bringing back such wonderful memories. Thank you so much for taking us along , sharing your experience and your fabulous photos.

Add me as another loyal follower of your journey. Continue making and savoring these lifetime memories.

Thank you.

Crisy,

Love the pictures- thank you for posting. I have never been to French Polynesia so I really enjoy seeing the pictures and your commentary! Sorry your husband is unable to join you on the excursions. Hope he is up and around soon.

I'm going to imagine myself sitting under that palm tree!

Crisy, just fabulous photos that really complement your narrative.

You have no idea how much your photos are feeding my excitement for our cruise next January to these places and I don't think I'm going to want to leave Bora Bora, it looks like heaven on earth.

Hoping your husband's leg soon heals and he can rejoin you on your adventures. It can't be much fun for him being laid up in such beautiful places.

Prior to embarkation we were asked discreetly if we were in a named suite. Also titanium would be allowed to board. There was no calls over a loudspeaker. I thought it was handled well.

I forgot to mention that my Diet Dr Pepper made it on board. Jim's original Bombay Gin showed up after dinner. Much to my horror it just fell off the shelf. Thank goodness it didn't break!!

The seas remind me of our first Regent cruise, Sydney to Auckland on the Mariner. We had 35 foot waves in the Tasman Sea. I lost 5 pounds on that cruise. This seems pretty comparable.

I think I was on that Austraila/ New Zealand Cruise. Was it in 2012? And a fire on board in the middle of the night?

It lasted for days (the storm, not the fire) but I have quite fond memories of that cruise.

Hi Kittylee. No, the Tasman Sea Extravaganza was in Nov. of 2008. Thank you all for your kind words in regards to the blog. The Internet has been very spotty since we left Bora Bora. I'm going through withdrawal! The Captain apologized today that we do not have live TV. It has been out since our power outage. Here's a few pics leaving Bora Bora.

82615fa663396fed0bef32e126f59a49.jpg

My poor injured Cutie

6c749dc59e27fae4154bfe948239778b.jpg

8b26cc6cf77db0cfe92e408a776139d0.jpg