Live from Navigator...1st leg of world cruise

crusin7

Cruisin 7.. thanks for such a wonderful review. We are doing Honolulu to Sydney in Nov. I really appreciate your reviews of the shore excursions. If you happen to hear from others which excursions they liked or disliked, could you post it? Trying to decide to which tours to book in each port.

I am so enjoying your reports and pictures. I was there many years ago, and great memories are being brought back.

I have some good friends aboard - Myrt & Chuck from Omaha, so I'm enjoying your blog. Thank you for taking the time.

Good morning and Bula to Lautoka, Fiji. We traveled a hundred some miles to reach the other side of the Island...the Hot side. What??? I spoke to the local tourism representative. He said take yesterday's heat and multiply it times 2! Holy Smokes...only my word wasn't smokes. I'm a Wimp when it comes to heat. I was suppose to do a Village tour and see locals dance. I'm passing on that. There is a shuttle to take you downtown. He said to be sure to bring at least 1 bottle of water.

I called the Spa. I'm getting my haircut this afternoon. They have one hairstylist on board. Hopefully I won't regret my decision.

Thank you all for the positive input. This cruise turned out quite differently than imagined. Our friends dying in the mudslides...Jim hurting his leg in Maui and unable to leave the ship....I expected rough seas crossing to Hawaii but thought Island cruising would be tranquil...NOT! I feel very blessed to be able to cruise at all. Even with our setbacks I've enjoyed this cruise very much. Pics with new hairdo in a few hours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That was really nice of the tour guide to take those of you that would rather eat than shop back to the ship. Few tour guides are that kind (it doesn't surprise me since it is Fiji - such lovely people).

I'm thinking that it is the time of year that is the problem in terms of heat. We spent a week on an island in Fiji in February several years ago and thought that we would die from the heat between noon and 5:00 p.m. We learned that it was the wrong time to visit that part of the world. However, on a world cruise, there will always be places that won't have ideal weather.

We have visited villages there where the Chief was a woman (kind of nice to see). Another time the Chief was not well and my DH was the senior person of the group so he was the acting-Chief and led us in the "kava ceremony" (with some help). Not sure if anyone visited a school. When we visited one, on the blackboard - written in huge letters was "Speak English". The children were also very versed in the members of England's royal family and could recite all of their names.

Back to your cruise - when it comes to Fiji I find to hard to not go on a bit too much about how wonderful it is.

Looking forward to seeing your haircut!

The temperature rose to 91° with high humidity. I was glad I stayed onboard. I was especially glad when I met Ronaldo, my hair stylist. You know how you can tell as soon as they touch your hair they will be good....he was fabulous! I think he did a great job.

Tonight for our canapés we asked for our one time, included "Sumptuous Caviar Service". This is included in the Master Suite booking. Our butler brought the caviar with all the trimmings. We like to put it on the Melba toast. We each got 2...it was fabulous like my haircut!

Caviar

068b619ad791522e9d5968af416d772a.jpg

Yummy

bcf39ac2892012eecbf1afeafe41bf9c.jpg

Last but not least new haircut

c70e574545afdb783e13ce30def48331.jpg

Unfortunately at 5:00 it was announced that we would be leaving soon after a debarkation. Shortly thereafter an ambulance arrived. About 30 minutes later Juan, the ships Doctor, personally wheeled the passenger/patient out. I'm sure all of us looking from our balconies felt horrible for both people that left the ship. We probably all said "Thank God it's not us!"

We ate in Compass Rose tonight. I was surprised to see the red snapper greeting us as we walked in. We had just seen it coming onboard at 11:00am. That seemed like the dish to get.

Fijian Red Snapper

3ee23d968bf6cc79900f6d03e022b857.jpg

Delicious

ec01e6fb2e8500cd5c8d7007627fc6ae.jpg

Grandma's Lemon Meringue Pie

73c572ff8b690ce21e99b4ebe49a3fd5.jpg

Tonight's Passages also confirmed that the Super Bowl will be aired live at 12:30 pm Monday, February 5th. We are 18 hours ahead. During the game there will be no internet...BOO. We have not had live TV since our power outage.

Crispy, we are really enjoying your blog and beautiful photos; particularly as it is a part of the world we have yet to visit.

How is Jim’s leg; hope he is starting to recover. Is he going to visit the hair stylist having now seen your wonderful look?

S&D

Hi Sue/David. Jim got his hair cut yesterday. I thought it looked good so I decided to go. In fact the reason we both went on the ship is because we know we will be busy when we get home. We are fairly certain he will require surgery when we get back to Santa Barbara. I will keep you posted.

I'm glad you like the blog and the hair!

Yesterday we found the infamous Spider loading wines and liquor. He usually pours wine in Compass Rose. He also gets drinks in the theater. He has a hidden name tag that shows his true identity Spider-Man! He told Jim on our last day he will climb the walls! Go Spidey Go!

Spider with gloves!

d7c04c050ec4c9e63b98bc1735a25485.jpg

Joshua our favorite waiter in Compass Rose0b15de76d8fe49a3eca59fb5f35f6a77.jpg

The ship has has been moving like crazy up here on deck 10. I'm not wearing a Scop patch. I hope we stop this bouncing soon. Ugh!

Yesterday we felt a lot of movement on the ship. Same for today. But it is not the vomiting kind. Yesterday on my way to BINGO I walked by the beautiful display for the Seafood Buffet.

Seafood Buffet

6c434635a7e7783d4ef342f5d8015ef1.jpg

A miracle occurred yesterday in the Galileo's lounge. I won the second game of BINGO. Yahooooo. $83.49!!

Dinner was great as usual.

Pasta with Fijian Clams

18a5b9b42cc37a1969d304997a4d6b30.jpg

Shrimp with Chili Sauce

5d74286033e26a9ae5f2d900d1ef52c8.jpg

Today is Sunday and we went to Compass Rose for the first time for breakfast. It is so calm and Zen compared to La Veranda. I followed directions and doubled up on the caviar. Thank you for the suggestion.

Double Yummy

f729b2c70408adbc82b1890cda6b35a4.jpg

Today is our last sea day. We are anchored in Bay of Islands tomorrow. Tonight is Krew Kapers and the Captain's dinner. Stay tuned!

Oh no...how can Krew Kapers have come around so quickly? I know that means the ship is headed for our embarkation point, but hey, the time is passing too fast!

Love your photos as always! Thanks for keeping us in the picture - especially since you now have the distraction of managing your winnings (congratulations <g>)

Today is Sunday and we went to Compass Rose for the first time for breakfast. It is so calm and Zen compared to La Veranda. I followed directions and doubled up on the caviar. Thank you for the suggestion.

Double Yummy

f729b2c70408adbc82b1890cda6b35a4.jpg

Today is our last sea day. We are anchored in Bay of Islands tomorrow. Tonight is Krew Kapers and the Captain's dinner. Stay tuned!

See I told you they would put caviar on eggs. Yum!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks jctdlt! It was deelish. Last night we skipped Krew Kapers...a mortal sin I know. Compass Rose was packed. We both had lobster risotto as an appetizer. It was very good.

26d83868a90a8355b3140c78c8975d37.jpg

But the best was the dessert!

Baked Alaskan

09cb69401330d110404476d79e3a48d5.jpg