On line booking

aroncho

It must be just you. I did not have any problems placing a cruise on hold online a couple of weeks ago. I could have completed the booking by providing my credit card info, but I wanted to finalize it with a TA who could give me some on-board credit.

You could try doing it with a different browser. Or just call Princess and book it by phone.

I had trouble booking on the Princess web site the other day. Promo was for $100 deposits. I went through the booking process and applied my Future Cruise Deposits but it would not process the booking. The only way I got it to go thru was to add my credit card info and pay $1.00 (one dollar). Weird.

It must be just you. I did not have any problems placing a cruise on hold online a couple of weeks ago. I could have completed the booking by providing my credit card info, but I wanted to finalize it with a TA who could give me some on-board credit.

You could try doing it with a different browser. Or just call Princess and book it by phone.

I always make my own bookings. I later transfer to my TA for credit. It's very easy to do. I let my TA know I'm doing it and then send a short email to Princess with my voyage info and the TA info asking that the booking be transferred to him. My next cruise was only transferred to the TA a few weeks before final payment and he knocked cash off the price of the cruise. Princess got paid in full but my credit card was charged for less as the TA discounted his commission. There is really no need to have the TA finalize the initial booking in order to get extra OBC.

Princess got paid in full but my credit card was charged for less as the TA discounted his commission

Just curious. Your cc was charged by the TA, not Princess? My payments to TA's always go directly to the cruise line.:ship:

If you book a cruise between now and the end of February using your Discover card, there's a 10% cash back reward. I just booked an Alaskan cruise for May and received $500 OBC, dinner in a specialty restaurant, and $500 cashback on my Discover card. It's a great deal!

I found a cruise online for next Christmas that I wanted to book. I called Princess to book it and the best price they could give me was $600 more than the price online! I asked the agent if I should just book it online. She said yes and she stayed on the phone with me while I booked it to make sure everything went through ok. I thought this was strange!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I always make my own bookings. I later transfer to my TA for credit. It's very easy to do. I let my TA know I'm doing it and then send a short email to Princess with my voyage info and the TA info asking that the booking be transferred to him. My next cruise was only transferred to the TA a few weeks before final payment and he knocked cash off the price of the cruise. Princess got paid in full but my credit card was charged for less as the TA discounted his commission. There is really no need to have the TA finalize the initial booking in order to get extra OBC.
In my case, it was after the final payment date. I placed the hold on the Princess website and called the TA the next morning to find out how much on-board credit I would receive and have the TA finalize my booking.

It's been a long time since I've booked a cruise before the final payment date. But when I did, I booked direct with Princess and then moved the booking as you outlined right before the final payment date.

Just curious. Your cc was charged by the TA, not Princess? My payments to TA's always go directly to the cruise line.:ship:

A TA can call in less than full payment to Princess as Princess is one of the few cruise lines that permit any TA to discount some comm. from that payment.

HAL and Cunard are 2 others that permit this upfront discounting of their best rates .