Amsterdam hotels and taxi prices.

Southward-Bound

We are looking for a hotel for two days pre and two days post cruise for the end of July. We would like to keep the price down as much as possible. Anyone stayed in something in a good and safe area that they would recommend. Also how much for taxi would we pay for transfers to and from airport and ship. Is there someplace to look that kind of thing up?

6 of us stayed 3 days pre-cruise and I was the "facilitator" for the trip. I found when booking most hotels in Amsterdam they charge your CC immediately and have no cancellation policy. The one we stayed in did not and could cancel. The name was the RHO Hotel and was very reasonable in price. Nothing fancy,clean convenient to attractions,very good service.There is a reasonable shuttle service(can't remember name) at the airport to the hotel and I believe we took a taxi to ship. If you Google them and e-mail them with questions they are very responsive. Just be aware of booking any room there! Enjoy your trip,we certainly did! Any other questions I would have to dig thru records for answers.

PS Be sure and do the candlelight wine-cheese canal ride Awesome!

We have been to Amsterdam the last two years sailing on the Silhouette. We used a fantastic car service called Amsterdam Airport Transfer. We used them so we did not have to track down a cab or worry about cost. They picked us up at the airport took us to the hotel and then to the terminal. After we returned they met us at the port and took us to our hotel. Very easy and very reasonable. Juan Sosa was our main contact. Google them and check them out.

If you have time for a tour I would recommend That Dam Guide. They do a Fantastic Country side and also a city tour. Mark and his partner run the company and are Super!

Enjoy Amsterdam!

We stayed in an apartment on Singel booked through AirBnB. Full kitchen, washer/dryer, great canal view for $185 EU/night. So close to the tram we took it to Central Station and walked to the ship. Also trammed it from the airport. Took taxi after cruise.

My longest stay in Amsterdam was 63 days in a hotel. My favorite place to stay is Max Brown Hotel Canal District. We take the train to Amsterdam Central Train Station. Then walk to the hotel. I'm not sure what the cost of the taxi from the hotel to the cruise ship was. But it was not much. The hotel is in a great location. The hotel does not have a elevator. They will help with bags.

63 days...wow!!!

We stayed in an apartment on Singel booked through AirBnB. Full kitchen, washer/dryer, great canal view for $185 EU/night. So close to the tram we took it to Central Station and walked to the ship. Also trammed it from the airport. Took taxi after cruise.

We stayed in an apartment on our last visit. Shared with another couple. Definitely more economical, and more fun! :) However, most apartments will not rent for less than 3-4 nights.

Times two

If you are looking for a hotel group with moderate rates check the Accor hotels. They have Sofitel at the high end but also Novotel, Ibis, and Mercure properties in the greater Amsterdam area. They offer both noncancellable and cancellable rates on their website. For example the Mercure Sloterdijk Station is on a convenient train line both to/from the airport and Central Station. It's about 15 minutes from each.

You can also get tourist cards that cover trains, trams and busses as well as tourist sites and museums.

Absolutely loved boutique hotel Mr. Jordaan. Great coffee available in the breakfast area. Nice clean rooms, great showers, and hot pots and biscuits in room. Very near Anne Frank House, Dam Boat Guys canal tour, and a few blocks to tram to museums. On beautiful canal, walking distance to a variety of restaurants and shops, and so picturesque.

Loved the goody bag given to each guest at check out. A few snacks and tea to tide you over while traveling. What a lovely send off. Would definitely return.

Two years ago we were invited to a tour of Celebrity Silhouette by X and stayed at the Hotel Casa 400.

Very modern, clean and the price was reasonable.

Since we did not have to worry about luggage, we used local trains to the hotel, from hotel to port and from the hotel to the airport. Pretty convenient. For some trips within Amsterdam we used regular taxis and the price was reasonable.

We are looking for a hotel for two days pre and two days post cruise for the end of July. We would like to keep the price down as much as possible. Anyone stayed in something in a good and safe area that they would recommend. Also how much for taxi would we pay for transfers to and from airport and ship. Is there someplace to look that kind of thing up?

Amsterdam, July and price down won't work, unless you want to stay outside the canal belt/city centre and bus, tram or train in (let's say 10-15 minutes) each time.

Post cruise you might want to check out the Movenpick hotel next to the cruise terminal, you can walk over directly and the centre is 10 minutes by foot or a few minutes by tram, stops in front of the hotel. Choosing Movenpick will safe you a transfer and after check out you can walk to Amsterdam Centraal Station which you passed by a few times the days before or use the same tram (1 or 2 stops). Be sure to buy a tourist pass for train/tram/metro and bus as someone mentioned.

https://www.ns.nl/producten/en/overige-kaartjes/p/amsterdam-travel-ticket

Pre cruise I would choose a hotel, if price is most important, halfway between Schiphol Airport and Amsterdam. Something like Westcord Fashion Hotel near Amsterdam Lelylaan railway station or any hotel near Amsterdam Sloterdijk railway station. Outskirts but practical with public transport, which is very easy to use. And maybe you will have a higher floor, offering an evening view of beautiful view of Amsterdam.

Amsterdam is quite safe, use caution as you would in any large city. Don't be the obvious tourist, don't wander out alone at night and you will be fine. Chances that you will be hit by one of us on their bicycles are more present.. ;)

We just booked The A Train Hotel. Very reasonably and across from the train station.

On our last visit to Amsterdam, we stayed in a Best Western right next to Dam Square. It was on a small, quite side street, and included breakfast. Did not precharge our cc and was very convenient to everything.

Hal

We stayed at Hotel Fita with a great breakfast included. Walking distance to Van Gogh and Rembrandt museums and also the tram behind the hotel. Many restaurants, canal nearby. Also felt quite safe walking anytime of day. The hotel has a few walk up steps and a lift. It was down once while we were there pre and post cruise so a gentleman carried our luggage to the second floor. Nice rooms and staff. Would stay again.

I took mom to Amsterdam last year for her "milestone" birthday. After much research, we stayed at the Hyatt Place near the airport for around $110 per night. They have a free airport shuttle and the airport has the train into the city. It was VERY affordable and included an amazing breakfast every morning. We took the shuttle to the airport (they have a dedicated hotel shuttle waiting room inside with seats - the shuttle drivers will come in and announce they are ready. Then the train into the town center. If we were too tired to walk back to the train station, we used Uber several times instead of taxis.

If interested - here is my trip report, although we did not sail out of Amsterdam, we took the train through Paris to Barcelona to board the Equinox. It was an amazing trip!

One our last two trips to Amsterdam, one pre-cruise and one post cruise, we stayed at the Doubletree Centraal Station. Not the cheapest place but easy walk to the Centraal Station and to the cruise port as well. You can take the express train from the airport the the Centraal Station fairly cheap. From Centraal Station you can walk, take trams and HOHO buses and canal boats. We have not taken the train because https://airportstaxitransfers.com/ came up with an airport to hotel fare that was almost as cheap for our group and after an overnight flight we were not in the mood to deal with trains and waiting.

We stayed at Hotel Fita with a great breakfast included. Walking distance to Van Gogh and Rembrandt museums and also the tram behind the hotel. Many restaurants, canal nearby. Also felt quite safe walking anytime of day. The hotel has a few walk up steps and a lift. It was down once while we were there pre and post cruise so a gentleman carried our luggage to the second floor. Nice rooms and staff. Would stay again.

I second the recommendation of the Hotel Fita. We had much the same experience. We were there last October and I don't think the price was terribly high as far as I recall, but that was shoulder season.

It's not in the heart of the city, more in the museum district. But we got a 3 day tram pass and the tram stops on the next block. Trams are very frequent, one comes every few minutes. It's not a far ride to the other sights, and the Van Gogh museum and other museums are also close. The spot where we departed on our canal cruise was also within walking distance.

This was for a land-based trip, but while in Amsterdam we stayed at a small B&B named La Remise. It was very nice with modern rooms and bathrooms, large rooms, and a good breakfast was included. It was in the canal district and much more affordable than hotels with similar amenities. It is in a very typical and historic building and, as such, does not have an elevator and typical steep Amsterdam staircases, so if you have mobility issues it might not be the best choice.

Enjoy Amsterdam! It is a wonderful city.

On our cruise out of Amsterdam, we stayed at the Hotel Residence Le Coin. Found the rate reasonable, breakfast fine, and it had an elevator. Location was great, right across from the far pricier Hotel de L'Europe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One of the taxi companies offered a very reasonable flat rate to/from the airport. We had great, prompt service in a nice car each way. I think it was 35 Euros each way, pre-paid online. We stayed at The Hoxton; it was walking distance of all sites and right on a canal. You do have to be able to get your luggage up the outside steps and back down steps inside to the lobby. Once there, there’s regular elevator service to rooms. It’s a quirky 4 star hotel with great service. We’d stay there again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums