Current Status of Coke Freestyle Machines on the Royal Caribbean fleet.

BillOh

When you first use the cup you get a pop-up on the machine saying that it will work until a certain date. I’ve not noticed how many days exactly, but it’s longer than a week, but probably less than two weeks. So if you did a B2B but on another ship I suspect it would work, but otherwise no.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've wondered the same thing, maybe this thread could solve that mystery, not that I'm looking for a way to cheat the system. :evilsmile:. Everytime I've purchased the cup on a 7 day cruise, the machines report that they are good through the following cruise. Maybe its a way to get me to go to NEXT CRUISE and make it a B2B for the Free Coke! I've noticed when I bought the cup on a 4 and 5 day the date is also in the future.

I was on the Allure Dec 10th, and there still is one in Wipeout Cafe. The 2 by Sorrento’s were down and a worker had a table set up pouring from cans. 2 were working in Windjammer, 2 were not. The broken ones may be fixed now.

Thanks for that update, it solves that question. Wonder why they didn't put one in the Wipeout on Oasis?

Updated 1/5 - If you ar reading this within 20 minutes of posting, I'll go back and look for spacing issues or other errors.

Quantum Class

Quantum of the seas - Seeking input – Same as Ovation?

Ovation -5 total 2 in Windjammer, 1 in Seaplex and 2 inSorrentos – Credit snoozer of the seas 1/’18

Anthem -Seaking input– Same as Ovation?

Oasis Class –

Oasis - 7 machines total

4 in the Windjammer, 2 on the promenade near Sorentos, and one in Adventure Ocean.

-I’ve never been in the Adventure ocean, can anyone verify?

This info as of 5/2016.

Allure - 8 machines total

4 in the Windjammer (2 each side) , 2 on the promenade near Sorentos, and one in Adventure Ocean.

As of 2013 there was one in the Wipeout Café, is that still there?

Harmony -8 total

4 in the Windjammer (2 each side) , 2 on the promenade near Sorentos, and one in Adventure Ocean.

1 in the minibites –courtesy of racerxpeedy

Symphony

I assume it will be the same as Harmony – watch for updates this summer

Freedom class –

Freedom - 6 machines total. 4 in the Windjammer, towards the back, 2 on each side. 2 on the promenade near Sorrento’s. This isfrom my memory in May of 2015

Liberty - NONE

Independence –NONE

Voyager class –

Voyager – None

Explorer – Yes per Lifesaver1984– Same as Adventure

Adventure - 4 total, 2 in Windjammer, 1 on each side, and 2 on the promenade

This is from my May 2017 memory,feel free to correct or verify

Navigator – None

Mariner – Seeking input

Radiance Class

Radiance – None

Jewel 4 in Windjammer, all theway back, 2 on each side. (Sneak in back door if WJ closed) This is from my 2014 memory, but will verify this May

Brilliance – None

Serenade - None

Vision Class

Vision - seeking input

Enchantment – 3 total, 2 in the Windjammer port side and 1 in the Centrum -credit Ourusualbeach Jan ‘18

Grander – Yes, per Host ClareaJan ’18 seeking more info

Rhapsody - Yes, per 2 inWindjammer and one in the deck 6 Atruim per jmh2006

Majesty – 2 machines total, 1 on each side above the Windjammer in the area of Sorrentos

Empress - None

I WENT BACK AND ADDED EXTRA SPACES IN MY WORD DOCUMENT WHERE THIS FORUM LEFT THEM OUT THIS TIME. NOT SURE IF THAT WILL HELP.

Edited by BillOh

Challengers Arcade on Oasis has one. Highly doubt there is one in Adventure Ocean, I never saw one and doubt they would put one in the kids club. Children in the kids club with access to Mountain Dew, Coke, Dr. Pepper, etc.? That could be interesting!

Challengers Arcade on Oasis has one. Highly doubt there is one in Adventure Ocean, I never saw one and doubt they would put one in the kids club. Children in the kids club with access to Mountain Dew, Coke, Dr. Pepper, etc.? That could be interesting!

I'll make note of that. Being an empty nester, I tend to refer to everything in that area as ADVENTURE OCEAN, but obviously anyone is allowed in the arcade, thanks.

If you have the beverage package and plan on using the free-style machines do yourself and all your fellow cruisers a favor. If you're not familiar with the workings of the machine, go to Burger King and practice! Once you've used a machine once you'll be an expert! And if the machine does not give you your selection it is probably out. I was behind a lady once that wanted caffeine free diet coke. She attempted to get it 7 times before she finally took the hint! Remember the good old days when you just went to a bar and asked for your selection? I just think I'm getting crotchety in my old age!

Elvis

If you have the beverage package and plan on using the free-style machines do yourself and all your fellow cruisers a favor. If you're not familiar with the workings of the machine, go to Burger King and practice! Once you've used a machine once you'll be an expert! And if the machine does not give you your selection it is probably out. I was behind a lady once that wanted caffeine free diet coke. She attempted to get it 7 times before she finally took the hint! Remember the good old days when you just went to a bar and asked for your selection? I just think I'm getting crotchety in my old age!

Elvis

EXCELLENT suggestion. I know where you're coming from. Last cruise I politely pointed out to the person ahead of me something that they weren't figuring out and I got a real snotty reply. But I bet most folks that are reading this thread already know how to use it, thankfully.

Erika

Elvis

I understand the sentiment of this paragraph and can agree. I haven't seen too many problems since about 2014 or so. (At least not where there was only 1 machine. ) There is one story I'm fond of repeating, so those of you who have read this, I apologize. I was on Allure in 2013 when the machines were new to the fleet. I was in the Wipeout Cafe where there is more than 1 machine. This guy rushed in obviously to get there before me. He put his cup up to the machine and it said that he had to wait 3 minutes to refill his cup. He pulled it away, put it up again, he know had to wait 2 minutes and 50 seconds. His shirt which said University of Michigan Wolverines on it, implied to me, he probably could read English. I was unusually patient and was having fun watching him repeat this over and over again for a full 3 minutes. You don't see this problem at most land based machines.

I know many restaurants around us that had them took them out, and when I have inquired, it was always because people complained it was too tough to use. A local pizza chain (pizza ranch) used to have them for the buffet in every restaurant, and there was always a huge line of people trying to decide. Some people cannot deal with that many choices.

On Grandeur - as best I recall from Feb 2017 - there were two machines in entrance to Windjammer on one side (cannot remember which side) and one machine on deck six between photo gallery and cafe latte-tudes.

Got it, sounds just like Enchantment, which I'll try this fall.

The alcohol package I meant. You get the cup? Because we definetly did not in 2013. Has that changed?

Yes, the policy changed. Every unlimited beverage package includes soda and the special cup.

I may have solved the mystery as to why there are no Freestyle machines on Liberty. I was at a travel show today and a current CD who has served on Liberty said they were installed at the last revitalization, but one of the machines sprung a leak that did massive damage to several decks. They pulled the machines out and have no intention of adding them again. He indicated that this is when Royal stopped putting them on older ships and started only putting the on newer ships. He heard, but couldn't confirm the machines on all ships may be pulled in the near future.

I may have solved the mystery as to why there are no Freestyle machines on Liberty. I was at a travel show today and a current CD who has served on Liberty said they were installed at the last revitalization, but one of the machines sprung a leak that did massive damage to several decks. They pulled the machines out and have no intention of adding them again. He indicated that this is when Royal stopped putting them on older ships and started only putting the on newer ships. He heard, but couldn't confirm the machines on all ships may be pulled in the near future.

Interesting, had not heard this before.

Interesting, had not heard this before.

Nor had I.............and I am skeptical. ;p

Since Liberty doesn't have the Freestyle machines, will I be able to get Seagram's somewhere else on the ship?

It's really the only soda I was looking forward to having on the ship and I was disappointed to hear Liberty didn't have the machines at all.

With a beverage package, you will only have access to fountain soda choices, usually Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Soda Water, and Tonic Water.

If you are willing to purchase cans (not included with any package), they you will have many more choices.

This guy rushed in obviously to get there before me. He put his cup up to the machine and it said that he had to wait 3 minutes to refill his cup. He pulled it away, put it up again, he know had to wait 2 minutes and 50 seconds. His shirt which said University of Michigan Wolverines on it, implied to me, he probably could read English. I was unusually patient and was having fun watching him repeat this over and over again for a full 3 minutes. You don't see this problem at most land based machines.

That raises a question with me since this will be our first RCI cruise after having soda packages on a couple other lines. So these cups have some sort of time limit as to how often you can get refills? What is the time limit, if someone knows? I'm thinking I might want to fill my insulated bottle (using more than one refill) to take off the boat. Or could you just 'activate' the machine with your glass and stick another container under the spout once it works?