Current Status of Coke Freestyle Machines on the Royal Caribbean fleet.

BillOh

We were on Oasis in January. The servicing of the machines on the ship, in line with the service in general, was terrible. The machines were often broken or out of ice or out of all regular or diet sodas. This in addition to the fools I often had to wait behind who couldn’t figure out the machines led to an aggravating experience. I found it was easier to just go to sorrentos and ask the bartender to fill up my cup.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are no freestyle machines on the Vision.

There aren't any on the Liberty either so I am wondering if when the Enchantment comes to Galveston if they will stay on.

I've not yet seen Freestyle machines removed from a ship.

Haven't cruised RCL in a few years (Since before freestyle) and going in 2 months. Do we have to carry around the souvenir cup everywhere? Last time i was on RCL we would just get soda from the various bars and restaurants.

Haven't cruised RCL in a few years (Since before freestyle) and going in 2 months. Do we have to carry around the souvenir cup everywhere? Last time i was on RCL we would just get soda from the various bars and restaurants.

If you plan to use the machines you will have to use the cup, they have a chip in them.

You have to define which wait. If you fill a certain amount and stop for a few seconds it will let you add another flavor on that same machine right away with no wait. If you want some longer time (feel free to test this) then it will assume you finished and you can't have a new drink for 15 minutes.

Where I got bit by this, I was in the Windjammer on Freedom. My wife wanted the Minute Maid light Lemonade. She didn't want anything else. I started to fill her cup, I would say not more than a 1/2 of one ounce was dispensed before it ran out. I could have put any other flavor in it. IT SAID MAKE ANOTHER SELECTION. There was another machine less than 3 ft away that had what she wanted, but that one knew I had used the other machine, so it told me I had to wait 15 minutes. Another thing that might confuse the situation, if someone got a drink, waited 5 minutes and tried to get another, it would tell you to wait 5 minutes.

A story I'm fond of telling, this guy walked up to the single machine in the Wipeout on Allure just ahead of me and put up his cup. It told him, he had to wait 2 minutes. I saw that, thought he would step aside and let me go, but he waited 10 seconds, tried again, and he did this repeatedly for 2 minutes until it let him fill up. I usually mention the guy was wearing a University of Michigan shirt, but that is probably not relevant.

lol Let’s go STATE! As in Penn State

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Are the coke freestyle machines basically the same as ones you see in fast food places? Do they have other things like Hi C and Minute Maid? My daughter doesn't drink soda, but she likes Hi C and Minute Maid.

When I was doing research to see if PowerAde and PowerAde Zero was included I saw someone had posted there were 300 flavors total. WOW! Not sure if that is fact.

There are no freestyle machines on the Vision.

There aren't any on the Liberty either so I am wondering if when the Enchantment comes to Galveston if they will stay on.

Seems like a reasonable question, but as Bob says, we haven't seen these machines removed from any ship. But were they not on Liberty because she was based there? I haven't been to the area lately, but I'm sure by now many local restaurants in the SE area of Texas have these machines on land?

When I was doing research to see if PowerAde and PowerAde Zero was included I saw someone had posted there were 300 flavors total. WOW! Not sure if that is fact.

I can confirm powerade and powerade zero were on the machines when I last looked.

You don't have to carry the cup, but if you do have the cup and they see it in your hand, good luck getting service at a bar when it is busy. I said this often before the drink packages came around, I don't know if this has changed anything. Also Coke Zero and Ginger Ale are frequently not available at bars.

First just to say thanks so much for compiling this list, it is very helpful!

I wanted to add that there are a whole host of reasons why Royal should continue to roll these out, not only because of the range of drinks on offer (as opposed to the usual 4 or 5 fountain soda options) but that they put less pressure on bar staff to fulfill lower 'value' drink services (ie. sodas) and that alone seems like a great reason to continue fitting these on all ships.

My DH drinks soda solely (no coffee, no alcohol, just soda!). When we sail on a ship with a Freestyle machine, he uses it almost exclusively. He will rarely go to a bar to get a drink. Yet if we sail on one without a Freestyle machine, he has to bother bar staff constantly to get refills (as once it sits for a while it goes flat and you need a refill!).

Anyway, point being, I really hope that soon ALL of the ships have it.

Hi,

I was just on Anthem in January. There are 2 Freestyle machines in Sorrento's and 2 in the Windjammer ( 1 on each side). Also there is one in the Dog House. There is a machine in the Escape Room, but I don't know if they use it.

Denise

Maybe I'm missing something. I really don't get the excitement about these machines. They're pretty much ubiquitous in any outlet selling coca-cola products now. Want to use one? Don't wait for your cruise, just head to any Five Guys are a million other outlets.

I guess you don't get it. When you are 500 miles from land, going to Five Guys is not an option. The thread is talking about using them on each ship.

• Like 1

I guess you don't get it. When you are 500 miles from land, going to Five Guys is not an option. The thread is talking about using them on each ship.

No, what I meant is people seem to talk about these like the ONLY place they can find them is on board. I see them everywhere where I live, so I guess I don't understand why it's a big deal on board.

No, what I meant is people seem to talk about these like the ONLY place they can find them is on board. I see them everywhere where I live, so I guess I don't understand why it's a big deal on board.

Not every cruiser lives in the US. I live in the UK. Fortunately, Five Guys has started to open up over here so we do see the occasional FreeStyle Machine but it's certainly not commonplace.

The FreeStyle Machines also give you freedom to choose any flavour combination you could imagine and also not have to wait around at bars which are often busy. From our experience, while bar staff are often wonderful, they also work for tips, and the dude with a Refillable soda cup is often the last person they'll serve when there are a dozen customers waiting at the bar!

I too see them everywhere, the big deal on board is vs not having them. Why on some ships not on others?

I too see them everywhere, the big deal on board is vs not having them. Why on some ships not on others?

The oft-quoted reason is that ships that spend time in Europe do not get the Freestyle machines, only ships that homeport in the US year-round.

I assumed it was because the machines were impossible to service or supply in Europe, but now I see that Five Guys has them in the UK, so I'm not sure that's still a valid excuse.

Even if that's still the reason, I don't see why Royal couldn't install them on ships while they're here in the U.S., then remove them before the ship is deployed to Europe. The machines seem to be popular (I know I love 'em!) and it shouldn't be too hard for a major multinational like Royal to "warehouse" them in the US while a ship is deployed elsewhere.

The oft-quoted reason is that ships that spend time in Europe do not get the Freestyle machines, only ships that homeport in the US year-round.

I assumed it was because the machines were impossible to service or supply in Europe, but now I see that Five Guys has them in the UK, so I'm not sure that's still a valid excuse.

Even if that's still the reason, I don't see why Royal couldn't install them on ships while they're here in the U.S., then remove them before the ship is deployed to Europe. The machines seem to be popular (I know I love 'em!) and it shouldn't be too hard for a major multinational like Royal to "warehouse" them in the US while a ship is deployed elsewhere.

They are not even servicing them in the US:rolleyes:

Out of service all the time! :mad::eek:

Does anyone know if these machines will be coming to independence of the seas during the refit? A website called cruiseaddict says they are but I cannot see anywhere else that this is the case?!? Tempted to get a soda package on my upcoming cruise if they do due to the larger selection of soft drinks available.

They are not even servicing them in the US:rolleyes:

Out of service all the time! :mad::eek:

I would fine tune that and say they aren't servicing them well perhaps. I know for the first time since I've been on a ship with them, I won't be buying that package on my next trip. Part of that is because on Jewel there was only 2 machines in the very back of the Windjammer and when that was closed they turned the machines off.

Does anyone know if these machines will be coming to independence of the seas during the refit? A website called cruiseaddict says they are but I cannot see anywhere else that this is the case?!? Tempted to get a soda package on my upcoming cruise if they do due to the larger selection of soft drinks available.

Nothing from the cruise line on new Freestyle machine deployment.