Current Status of Coke Freestyle Machines on the Royal Caribbean fleet.

BillOh

5 minutes ago, cruisenewb1 said:

More than 200 replies so far - I’m curious as to why this issue has generated so much interest?

Is there something special or unusual about these drink dispensing machines?

Over 100 different flavor choices in the machines.  A bar or restaurant will only have about 6 different choices.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2018 at 10:05 PM, richardgail said:

I will be on the Symphony in Feb. and the last cruise I took as Diamond level I received a bottle of water each day (or was that two bottle of water each day). I just looked at Diamond level perks and there is no water listed as a Diamond perk. There is a bottle of water in the cabin as a Welcome. I called Crown and Anchor and asked if the daily bottle of water perk was taken away, and the rep said it was up to each ship's policy as to how much water Diamonds receive--some give one bottle in the cabin as a Welcome and others give one bottle of water in the cabin each day. So, I told the rep I would have to buy water ahead because I would not know ahead of sailing if I was getting one bottle of water total or a bottle of water each day. She said that I did not need to buy water. I could get free water and ice from the Freestyle Coke machines on the ship. I asked if I had to have a beverage package to get water from the Freestyle machines and she said, "No. You can fill you water bottle free at the Freestyle Coke machines." Can anyone confirm that the water in the Freestyle machines is free? Thanks!

You can get a bottle of water in the DL or use s voucher at any bar.

38 minutes ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

You can get a bottle of water in the DL or use s voucher at any bar.

Thanks for the reply. The Diamond perk of one/two free bottles of water per day was previously listed online in the RCCI website listing all the perks for each level in the Crown & Anchor program. I reached Diamond on my cruise 1 1/2 years ago and took advantage of this perk. BUT, this perk is no longer listed on the RCCI website listing the perks of Diamond level--only one welcome bottle of water in the cabin on day of embarkation. Where would I get a voucher that you mention for a free bottle of water at any bar?  Otherwise, the Diamond Lounge has bottles of water and I could go there each day and get bottles of water free?? I did not use the Diamond Lounge on my cruise 1 1/2 years ago as I was able to show my Diamond status on my Sea Pass card and get a bottle of water at any bar. 

3 hours ago, richardgail said:

Thanks for the reply. The Diamond perk of one/two free bottles of water per day was previously listed online in the RCCI website listing all the perks for each level in the Crown & Anchor program. I reached Diamond on my cruise 1 1/2 years ago and took advantage of this perk. BUT, this perk is no longer listed on the RCCI website listing the perks of Diamond level--only one welcome bottle of water in the cabin on day of embarkation. Where would I get a voucher that you mention for a free bottle of water at any bar?  Otherwise, the Diamond Lounge has bottles of water and I could go there each day and get bottles of water free?? I did not use the Diamond Lounge on my cruise 1 1/2 years ago as I was able to show my Diamond status on my Sea Pass card and get a bottle of water at any bar. 

Three drink vouchers are automatically added on your seapass which you car use for a bottle of water at almost any bar during happy hour. You can also pick up water in the Diamond lounge during happy hour no voucher needed. I know it says one welcome bottle in your room but I have always had at least four and usually six in my room.

My parents have been diamond for years, and I have three back to back cruises in December. When I get off the last cruise I will become a diamond member. Parents have never been told about the three drink vouchers on the sea pass. We have all always stayed in grand suites or junior suites. Have called Royal Caribbean asking about the drink vouchers and received no help at all. Someone said it depends on the ship you are on? Do all diamond members always get the three drink vouchers automatically loaded onto their Seapass card?   I don’t know why they haven’t been told about this and why no one on the phone seems to know what we’re talking about.    Also have bought water packages in the past not knowing that water is free in the diamond lounge. Being in suites, always get one bottle of water on embarkation day. Never have received it daily. Parents have sailed on 10 or more Royal Caribbean cruises and never had more than one bottle of water on the first day. What’s going on? 

4 hours ago, twangster said:

Water was free on Anthem at the freestyle machines.  No special cup required.  I used a cup from Sorrento's.  

I haven't tried all ships though.

Intersting - defenetly not on the last 3 ships I have used!:classic_ohmy:

Maybe a pecial on Anthem🤔

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik

2 hours ago, Pixietwin said:

My parents have been diamond for years, and I have three back to back cruises in December. When I get off the last cruise I will become a diamond member. Parents have never been told about the three drink vouchers on the sea pass. We have all always stayed in grand suites or junior suites. Have called Royal Caribbean asking about the drink vouchers and received no help at all. Someone said it depends on the ship you are on? Do all diamond members always get the three drink vouchers automatically loaded onto their Seapass card?   I don’t know why they haven’t been told about this and why no one on the phone seems to know what we’re talking about.    Also have bought water packages in the past not knowing that water is free in the diamond lounge. Being in suites, always get one bottle of water on embarkation day. Never have received it daily. Parents have sailed on 10 or more Royal Caribbean cruises and never had more than one bottle of water on the first day. What’s going on? 

Sure does seem to be no set pattern from ship to ship and the CS reps can't answer our questions. Is there anyone who has been on the Symphony of the Seas that can tell me what they found with the Coke machines:

1. was water free from the Coke freestyle machines?

2. as a Diamond level how many bottles of water did you get in your stateroom on the first day and beyond?

3. as a Diamond level did you have vouchers on your Sea Pass card for free bottles of water at any bar?

4. as a Diamond level were you able to get free bottles of water in the Diamond Lounge each day?

Thanks!

15 minutes ago, richardgail said:

Sure does seem to be no set pattern from ship to ship and the CS reps can't answer our questions. Is there anyone who has been on the Symphony of the Seas that can tell me what they found with the Coke machines:

1. was water free from the Coke freestyle machines?

2. as a Diamond level how many bottles of water did you get in your stateroom on the first day and beyond?

3. as a Diamond level did you have vouchers on your Sea Pass card for free bottles of water at any bar?

4. as a Diamond level were you able to get free bottles of water in the Diamond Lounge each day?

Thanks!

D+ on Symphony

Didn't try to get water from the freestyle machine.

I had 4 or 5 bottles of water waiting for me.  

Normal 3 happy hour drinks "coupons" 4:30pm to 8pm

Water bottles in the DL - just ask for them during happy hour.

20 minutes ago, richardgail said:

The number of bottles in the stateroom on the first day varies.  I've seen none, 2, 4, and 6.  We've gotten none after the first day.

When those of you who are Diamond and mention these cocktail 'coupons' on Seapass...how do you access them?  Obviously they are not paper coupons so where do you find out if this is in fact loaded onto your SeaPass. Parents say they've never been told about this,  and I can't remember their point level exactly but they are headed towards Diamond Plus (not VERY close but have been Diamond awhile).  Never had mention of these 'coupons' so we're all very anxious to learn more.

Edited by Pixietwin
grammar

3 minutes ago, Pixietwin said:

When those of you who are Diamond and mention these cocktail 'coupons' on Seapass...how do you access them?  Obviously they are not paper coupons so where do you find out if this is in fact loaded onto your SeaPass. Parents say they've never been told about this and can't remember their point level exactly but they are headed towards Diamond Plus (not VERY close but have been Diamond awhile).  Never had mention of these 'coupons' so we're all very anxious to learn more.

You will get a letter in your stateroom with a description of all your perks, including the drink vouchers.

The bartenders can see your drink vouchers on their computer terminal when they scan your SeaPass card.

36 minutes ago, Pixietwin said:

When those of you who are Diamond and mention these cocktail 'coupons' on Seapass...how do you access them?  Obviously they are not paper coupons so where do you find out if this is in fact loaded onto your SeaPass. Parents say they've never been told about this,  and I can't remember their point level exactly but they are headed towards Diamond Plus (not VERY close but have been Diamond awhile).  Never had mention of these 'coupons' so we're all very anxious to learn more.

Weve received a letter in our stateroom on every cruise informing us of these benefits.  

2 hours ago, Pixietwin said:

Pixietwin, do you know when they last cruised on Royal Caribbean?  The vouchers have been "a thing" for about three years (if wrong, I KNOW that I will be corrected).  And as mentioned above, this perk is described on the letter in the cabin that you can read upon arrival.

15 minutes ago, twangster said:

The Diamond letter will look something like this one from Anthem:

Diamond.PDF

On the back (page 2) it addresses Diamond Happy Hour and the 3 drink "vouchers".

THANK YOU! The drink vouchers loaded onto the seapass card were not available, to my knowledge, when we last cruised RCCI 1 1/2 years ago. Even though the Crown and Anchor website page that listed the Diamond perks did not list any water or beverages besides a bottle of water in the cabin on day of embarkation, this Diamond letter received upon arrival clearly shows three beverages per day in any bar and under the drink list is water. If it is the same on Symphony of the Seas, I can have three bottles of water per day which is loaded on my seapass card. 

I wonder why the RC customer service rep didn't tell me about the three drinks per day loaded onto my seapass card when I called a couple days ago????

17 minutes ago, richardgail said:

THANK YOU! The drink vouchers loaded onto the seapass card were not available, to my knowledge, when we last cruised RCCI 1 1/2 years ago. Even though the Crown and Anchor website page that listed the Diamond perks did not list any water or beverages besides a bottle of water in the cabin on day of embarkation, this Diamond letter received upon arrival clearly shows three beverages per day in any bar and under the drink list is water. If it is the same on Symphony of the Seas, I can have three bottles of water per day which is loaded on my seapass card. 

I wonder why the RC customer service rep didn't tell me about the three drinks per day loaded onto my seapass card when I called a couple days ago????

Symphony is the same.  I sailed the transatlantic on her.  In fact. all ships are the same in terms of 3 drinks on your seapass card (never sailed from China so it might be different there, very few top tier in China at the moment).

The drink menu is pretty consistent across the fleet from what I've seen.

On some ships a regular bartender at a ship bar might count a bottle of water as one of your drink vouchers.  On other ships a bartender might just give you water after seeing your Diamond status.  In the Diamond lounge you can ask for bottles or water and they don't count against your 3 drink vouchers (during the happy hours, not all day).   i sometime ask for two with my cocktail order .  

From what I've been told bartenders get no tip or kickback for serving a diamond happy hour drink.  I carry a bunch of singles with me and tip them cash with each drink ordered.   

Edited by twangster

27 minutes ago, richardgail said:

Yes, they were.

Yes, you can use your three daily vouchers to get bottled water in any bar.  Or you can just go to the Diamond Lounge and get a real drink or two or more and still get a bottle of water or two to take with you.  🙂 

8 hours ago, richardgail said:

THANK YOU! The drink vouchers loaded onto the seapass card were not available, to my knowledge, when we last cruised RCCI 1 1/2 years ago. ...

I agree with Carol, the drink vouchers have been around for years, definitely more than 1.5 years ago.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, clmcnm1987 said:

Anyone know if Vision of the Seas has the Freestyle machines yet? We are sailing on Vision in January 2019.

PCWalton1 has a live thread from the Vision currently running. He could give you the most up to date info. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2610262-live-29-nov-15-dec-2018-panama-canal-on-vision/?page=9