Towel charge

I was recently on freedom, my wife kids and I would spend time in the hot tub watching movie. We would get our towels from the towel station. We brought them back after every hot tub session. I just got my expense print out and it seems I was charged $300.00 (usd) for towels .. I’ve called and still no solution. What do I do? I can afford a cruise what makes them think I need to steal towels ? Ahhhh

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Apparently, someone in your folio's card got scanned for 12 towels that did not have corresponding scans back. Unfortunately, there are people who steal anything. Some passengers would take towels off for a beach excursion and not bring them back. Turns into a pain in the butt for the rest of us.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

When you returned the towels, did you not have your sea pass card scanned to indicate the towels were returned? All you can do now is keep calling but this is one you probably should have rectified before disembarking. Those charges should have been already listed on the list of charges delivered to your room the last night. Good luck.

Don't give up. Keep calling the after-cruise resolutions number.

If you really didn't take the towels, then keep insisting that they refund the charges. "Everyone else" has reported success in getting the charges reversed.

800-256-6649

I always get a towel the first day and just keep on exchanging it. My belief is the more you return and then get a new one using your card the more something could go wrong. If we are traveling with our children we make sure they realize the consequence of not returning towels on the card. Good luck.

I always get a towel the first day and just keep on exchanging it. My belief is the more you return and then get a new one using your card the more something could go wrong. If we are traveling with our children we make sure they realize the consequence of not returning towels on the card. Good luck.

My first thought was, that's a great idea. Then I wondered, will they actually exchange towels without scanning your card? My next thought was, I wonder how many people just pick up a towel off of one of the lounges and return it for credit to their card? Or maybe the card readers are smart enough to match # towels returned to # towels borrowed?:confused:

That's exactly what I did, and for the same reason.

My first thought was, that's a great idea. Then I wondered, will they actually exchange towels without scanning your card? My next thought was, I wonder how many people just pick up a towel off of one of the lounges and return it for credit to their card? Or maybe the card readers are smart enough to match # towels returned to # towels borrowed?:confused:

In my experience they have no problems exchanging towels without a sea pass swipe. The only time it matters is when you are only getting or only returning (and they don't really care if you're just returning either). On our Serenade cruises there has been no one at the towel station late at night so we just grab a couple towels the first or second night and then just keep exchanging them all week so if something were to happen to them we don't have to worry about charges. So far nothing has happened, but it's one less thing to have to worry about.

Done it that way for years. Scan in once at beginning of the cruise and scan back in on last day. Exchange when wet

My first thought was, that's a great idea. Then I wondered, will they actually exchange towels without scanning your card?

I just told the attendant that I was dropping 2 off and picking 2 up and they'd say no problem, hand me 2 towels after I dropped 2 in the bin, and I'd be on my way.

We are being charged for 4 towels I’m assuming, my wife my 2 children and myself.. they are contacting the ship to see if towels were brought back. I’m just baffled by the $300 charge.. a little upset as well

I think the towel charge is only $25 per towel, so you're being charged for a lot more than 4.

We sign out fresh towel every day and return them when we are through being sure to use the same sea pass card both times. We've never had a problem.

I do check my sea pass charges daily and have had a few incorrect charges that were always easily resolved with a trip to guest services. As a result we have never had surprise charges when return home...that I am sure will take extra effort to resolve. If the towel charges were indeed a mistake, keep calling. And on future cruises, resolve billing problems before departing the ship!

Just keep calling and insisting that the charge is bogus and must be removed. I think persistence will win out. Many people have to fight towel charges. I refuse to play their silly towel game. I go to the gym and get beach towels. And will be cruising Celebrity much more in the future. No towel check out. The towels are left on loungers at the pool and Solarium. (Not the only reason I am changing to Celebrity!)

We are being charged for 4 towels I’m assuming, my wife my 2 children and myself.. they are contacting the ship to see if towels were brought back. I’m just baffled by the $300 charge.. a little upset as well

Something doesn't make sense because 4 towels should be $100.

I've had to scan my card to take towels for an excursion off the ship but I have never had to scan to get towels at the pool. Is this done randomly and I have gotten lucky not to be on a ship that does this, or is this something very new?

When I got the print out from our stateroom on the morning we were getting off the ship there was no towel charge. I looked at my credit card statement and it was $300 more, I called to inquire and they emailed me an stateroom receipt and towel charge was on there. I know full well that they were returned after every use. My youngest daughter and I delivered them back

When I got the print out from our stateroom on the morning we were getting off the ship there was no towel charge. I looked at my credit card statement and it was $300 more, I called to inquire and they emailed me an stateroom receipt and towel charge was on there. I know full well that they were returned after every use. My youngest daughter and I delivered them back

Don't give up. Keep calling the after-cruise resolutions number.

If you really didn't take the towels, then keep insisting that they refund the charges. "Everyone else" has reported success in getting the charges reversed.

800-256-6649

Don't give up! #neverthelessshepersisted

I've had to scan my card to take towels for an excursion off the ship but I have never had to scan to get towels at the pool. Is this done randomly and I have gotten lucky not to be on a ship that does this, or is this something very new?

Not new, perhaps you were on ships that didn't scan, but we've had our cards scanned on many different ships fpr several years now.

When you returned the towels after every use, did you get your cards scanned?

I was very religious in returning towels every day and ensuring they scanned the card and checked them in and i still ended up with a few towels on my account. I think when you return more than one they're not entering the correct number - even though every time i explicitly said how many i was returning.

It's human error but the whole system itself just seems set up to annoy customers.