RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

Are we talking about the same Desmond? Bar server on Monarch and later Enchantment?

Oops. Brain fart. Nope. Sorry.

But now I remember the "right" Desmond. Great guy. I haven't seen him in at least three years.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm sure that all of what y'all have been saying is true (about changes coming) but I will mention that when we were on the November 5 Rhapsody TA Barcelona to Tampa with 250 D&D+ they turned over the entire Shall We Dance Lounge for the Diamond hours so it wasn't horrible. Still pretty crowded but not bad.

When we sailed on the Adventure last year there was a lot of Diamond and Diamond Plus members. They just open another bar area outside the Diamond lounge. There was no problem. Plenty of bat tenders to take care of everyone.

When we sailed on the Adventure last year there was a lot of Diamond and Diamond Plus members. They just open another bar area outside the Diamond lounge. There was no problem. Plenty of bat tenders to take care of everyone.

p-12b.jpg

That was last year. I believe the policy has changed recently. Also, AOS just went through drydock and now has a Suite Lounge and this could contribute to more crowding in DL.

He used to make Tyler, when he really young, Oreo cookie shakes up in the VCL.

We had Rachel this past week on the Brilliance in the dining room. She was also on Sovereign with Desmond. We talked about him every night and how he took care of “Taylor”. Lol!

We sailed on Enchantment out of PC end of February 2016 and there was a black guy serving drinks in the DL called Desmond i think and he was a great server.

We sailed on Enchantment out of PC end of February 2016 and there was a black guy serving drinks in the DL called Desmond i think and he was a great server.

Very personable and truly enjoyed serving his guests. My son Tyler (which Desmond pronounced Taylor) truly grew up with him. Lots of great memories and one of the reasons my son turned out to be a true gentleman.

I had no idea of the powers I have over others. :D I can't remember, do they have music playing in the DLs during the evening while we are enjoying our free drinks?

Your other career choice...hypnotist!! ;p;p;p

Some DLs have music, some not, some ear blasting too loud!! :eek:

That was so special, doing the 180 to back into Nassau at noon on Saturday. Really miss that event.

Me too!! We adored that set up on the Monarch also. Sushi, nice little fruity shooters, multiple interesting cocktails (including our fav...the Bloody Marys being early like that!) And nice happy-tisers they carried around to you on a tray.

Best party on the ship. :D

Who was the server in the CL on Enchantment that had that beautiful singing voice? He loved to serenade us on many evenings. Gosh I miss the EN!

And agree...Monarch was one of a kind also.

Two very wonderful ships with great memories. :D

Edited by island lady

I sailed Enchantment August 2013 and 2014 our of PC. MJ May 2016 out of PC. Enchantment out of Miami September 2016. There was a great bartender in EN CL on that September 2016 sailing. Not positive date EN left PC but I thought it was well before our May 2016 sailing on MJ.

Actually, the ability to pre purchase Bacardi, vodka,whisky and gin, for delivery to your stateroom, is available on selected ships.
While it may be available, the price is ridiculous! You get a 375ml bottle of alcohol and some cans of mixer for around $50. High price for the convenience of a could of drinks in the cabin.
Pre-purchase a 375ml for an outrageous price is not the same as buying a liter of Ketal One for $18 Plus 10%...

Anyway, the two bottles of wine suffices the in-cabin consumption, the days of drinking the hard stuff has diminished. Ha!

Im quite pleased to see that it is not just us that think those pre-purchase packages are extortionately priced.

Our sea pass account balance has certainly diminished since the introduction of the alcoholic drinks packages.

Im quite pleased to see that it is not just us that think those pre-purchase packages are extortionately priced.

Our sea pass account balance has certainly diminished since the introduction of the alcoholic drinks packages.

Mine has diminished since I started booking GS’s on the Oasis and having beer/wine available from 11-11. [emoji23]

Just ending a lovely 11 night cruise on Serenade (arriving back to Fort Lauderdale 3/9). Our Diamond Lounge concierge Mario informed us that they were not allowed to open the lounge for overflow into the Vortex. Only 30 seats available. So...people had to line up to get their drinks and appetizers. Leave the lounge and go around the corner to sit in the Vortex! Doesn’t sound bad but a needless imposition to place upon your loyal customers when all they had to do was slide open the wall! I hope this issue receives some additional thought by the executives.

Just ending a lovely 11 night cruise on Serenade (arriving back to Fort Lauderdale 3/9). Our Diamond Lounge concierge Mario informed us that they were not allowed to open the lounge for overflow into the Vortex. Only 30 seats available. So...people had to line up to get their drinks and appetizers. Leave the lounge and go around the corner to sit in the Vortex! Doesn’t sound bad but a needless imposition to place upon your loyal customers when all they had to do was slide open the wall! I hope this issue receives some additional thought by the executives.

Thanks for letting us know.

We might be loyal but not important enough to RC if thats how they want to treat us.