RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

Nope. Yep. They just don't hang out in the D or Concierge/Suite lounges because there are more fun places to be where you don't have to hear other cruisers talk about loyalty level and look at their weird photos of them outside their travel agency (twice I have seen that one posted now):D:D;p

Lolololol 🤣

Not going to, lie I was thinking along those lines for some of the things that were being posted. I’m there for the warmth and sun and people and fun all around. Not to sit in the lounge in the middle of the day to make sure I’m responding to CC threads haha.

Nope. You need to do some research on generational wealth trends.

Older people just don't have full-time jobs and can therefore travel more often than other generations.

Yep. They just don't hang out in the D or Concierge/Suite lounges because there are more fun places to be where you don't have to hear other cruisers talk about loyalty level and look at their weird photos of them outside their travel agency (twice I have seen that one posted now):D:D;p

Lots of older people have no mortgages,inherited property,cashed in private pension's etc so do have money to spend.

We have family in Adelaide who inform us all about Australian life and cruises over there.

Lolololol 🤣

Not going to, lie I was thinking along those lines for some of the things that were being posted. I’m there for the warmth and sun and people and fun all around. Not to sit in the lounge in the middle of the day to make sure I’m responding to CC threads haha.

There is little to report on changes to DL so like most threads they go out on a tangent with lots of sub plots etc.

If people continue to ridicule they will push people away from posting which would be sad.

If you can't add something positive to a post don't read it.

There is little to report on changes to DL so like most threads they go out on a tangent with lots of sub plots etc.

If people continue to ridicule they will push people away from posting which would be sad.

If you can't add something positive to a post don't read it.

Spoken from the person who has ridiculed not only me several times throughout this thread, but many others too. Need I remind you how many times you and another person, whom you have made this your semi personal chat room with, have ganged up on anyone whom disagrees with you?

I honestly wish this thread would just die or be closed lol

Spoken from the person who has ridiculed not only me several times throughout this thread, but many others too. Need I remind you how many times you and another person, whom you have made this your semi personal chat room with, have ganged up on anyone whom disagrees with you?

People agree or disagree with peoples views which is fine because thats what discussions are about but i never ridiculed anyone and I'm sorry if anyone thinks otherwise.

Lolololol 🤣

Ironic that you complain about the things that you appear to do yourself.;)

So frank I guess Liberty out of the question for this year?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry Curtis but we jumped on the Allure for Oct. I did want to stay in the family ocean view suite on deck 12 (wonder of they are actually going to be JS category).

We are sailing on allure for one week instead. Cant believe we are flying 14 hours to take a 7 day cruise. Well we get to spend a couple days in Miami first, then fly home on Sunday. This coincides with Hunters fall break nicely.

The price of the CL was too good to pass up plus we get our 3rd block on Allure.

We have serenade booked from Feb 1 to Feb 22 2019 if you have nothing planned and looking for a cruise. We have nothing planned for Oct 2019 so am looking at those dates on the Liberty.

Talk to you soon and tell you wonderful wife "HI" from us!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Edited by frank808

Sorry Curtis but we jumped on the Allure for Oct. I did want to stay in the family ocean view suite on deck 12 (wonder of they are actually going to be JS category).

We are sailing on allure for one week instead. Cant believe we are flying 14 hours to take a 7 day cruise. Well we get to spend a couple days in Miami first, then fly home on Sunday. This coincides with Hunters fall break nicely.

The price of the CL was too good to pass up plus we get our 3rd block on Allure.

We have serenade booked from Feb 1 to Feb 22 2019 if you have nothing planned. We have nothing planned for Oct 2019 so am looking at those dates on the Liberty.

Talk to you soon and tell you wonderful wife "HI" from us!

Let me know so we can drive you around

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Bravo!

But only when he is not busy opening up new TA's!;p

We have a table for 2 on our balcony and get the hot breakfast brought to our cabin every morning.

Nice! For some reason our room service breakfast is always cold, so we finally gave up. We enjoy going up to the CL with our mugs to collect early morning coffee/Latte...then meandering down to the MDR for breakfast. On Rhapsody they had a fantastic buffet along with menu ordered items. I loved the omelet station and could get any eggs made to order there. Was never busy.

We have been retired for 17 years. Our last 15 cruises have been on an Oasis Class ship. Also have 9 more booked through April 2019. Besides our cabin expense, only other expense has been additional $225 to $275 for additional gratuities. We eat all of our meals in the Coastal Kitchen. Drinks provided daily in the Suite Lounge are sufficient for us.

And Sandy likes her CL cabins. :D I like the tours you offer! ;)

I'd love to see the final dollars per head for what an average 60+ D+ couple in a balcony room is worth versus the final dollars per head for an average 30-40 new or gold family (2 adults, 2 kids) in an interior or oceanview room. That would be interesting. And it would tell you how any corporation would feel ;)

This is an interesting question. We are a middle age couple in our mid 40's and not retired. When we booked our first cruise 3.5 years ago we had no idea how we would like it. So we booked a balcony for the 3 of us and spent money on drink packages and excursions.

Fast forward to the present and now we book suites mainly. Though we still book insides to balconies depending on value. I would still do drink package for myself but with the having everyone buy drink packages (wife doesn't drink) I do not anymore. Also have been to all the islands and done many tours so do not do that as often anymore.

I think we would be revenue neutral as we spend more on accommodations and specialty restaurants but less on shore excursions. Spend the same for internet package (unless sailing in sky class) and tip more than when we first started. I have introduced friends to cruising that are the same age and some spend more on their first cruise and some spend less. I think this correlates to the person's lifestyle. From lavish lifestyle to frugal and every thing in between.

Did you enjoy breakfast and lunch in CK?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Loved it for both, and looking forward to it again in December. :)

We also enjoy the MDR on other class ships, but mostly for breakfast and the sea day "Tutti Salad bar" for lunch. Have not had good experience with the MDR for dinner on many ships, thus will do specialty restaurants and just some late night nibbles in the WJ on those for dinner.

And Sandy likes her CL cabins. :D I like the tours you offer! ;)
Does John's tour provide drinks and apps?

I hope we get invited for a tour in Oct [emoji4][emoji4]

But all kidding aside they are a great people and love calling them friends.

We also enjoy the MDR on other class ships, but mostly for breakfast and the sea day "Tutti Salad bar" for lunch.

That is my wife's goto lunch on sea days. She loves the tutti salad bar. Just surprised how the mdr is not that busy on sea days.