RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

We are in our 50's and probably spend more than a younger family. Even though we get the drink vouchers....we buy a drink here and there through out the day and after 8 pm. We go to the specialty dining restaurants a few times. My DW goes to the Spa 2 or 3 times and signs up for spin/bootcamp in the fitness center. We never use ship excursions or buy anything in the shops.

With that being said.....My guess though is that seasoned cruiers spend far less than new cruisers in general. A seasoned cruiser knows how to get "deals" on specialty restaraunts and the spa. They don't buy excursions.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Good answer.

I think younger people though have mortgages and costs of bringing up a young family to factor in so have less disposable income to spend.

When our niece and her partner went on Oasis for 7 nights from Miami we paid for the drinks package for them both 1 Speciality restaurant on line and Miami hotel pre and post cruise so they spent very little on the ship.

On serenade last week 400+ d and d+ no overflow.

Freedom now with 600+ d and d+ and no overflow.

D concierge replied that per miami no overflow and corporate wanting members to use their 3 drinks elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Wasn't the whole idea of the vouchers to give additional choices and perhaps help with lounge overcrowding? I imagine if they start using the 3 vouchers in the lounges, then folks might be more inclined to go elsewhere.

I read on CC that some passengers want the unlimited drinks and that is why they use the lounges, then, grab a few drinks/waters/beers at bars just before the time expires. No issue here, it is a perk, and folks may use it to the fullest. If corporate does not want this to continue then they can limit drinks regardless of where they are served.

Personally we love the voucher use at ship bars/venues. Still like the lounge in the morning for a coffee or continental breakfast.

M

We always eat in the MDR for all our meals. We have never been forced to eat at a large table. :rolleyes:

We have an assigned table for 2 for our late dining. We don't mind a medium table ( for 4 or 6) for breakfast or lunch. Don't like the tables for 10, as it takes forever to get served. Never a problem to get a small or medium table.

M

Wasn't the whole idea of the vouchers to give additional choices and perhaps help with lounge overcrowding? I imagine if they start using the 3 vouchers in the lounges, then folks might be more inclined to go elsewhere.

M

I agree. 3 FREE drinks anywhere on SeaPass including the DL.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree. I don’t have the data to back this up but I’m recently retired and the boss is still working for at least 10 more years. I suspect we spend more on a cruise than most retirees. My kids are cruise too and go all out.

We have been retired for 17 years. Our last 15 cruises have been on an Oasis Class ship. Also have 9 more booked through April 2019. Besides our cabin expense, only other expense has been additional $225 to $275 for additional gratuities. We eat all of our meals in the Coastal Kitchen. Drinks provided daily in the Suite Lounge are sufficient for us.

We have been retired for 17 years. Our last 15 cruises have been on an Oasis Class ship. Also have 9 more booked through April 2019. Besides our cabin expense, only other expense has been additional $225 to $275 for additional gratuities. We eat all of our meals in the Coastal Kitchen. Drinks provided daily in the Suite Lounge are sufficient for us.

Are you P or staying in full Suite or both?

LMaxwell the person who asked the question seemed to insinuate the Younger new cruisers with a family in an inside cabin spend a lot compared to 60+D+ but i think we have both proved that is not the case.

Does anyone care? Not only is the answer to that, NO, but then this entire thread is completely a mess.

No one of us are on the board of directors at RCI, and therefore, some people have wasted a lot of their time trying to fix something that is not broken, and even if it is, so what?

Some people want to blow it up, either because it won’t affect them or maybe because it will hurt others. That is kind of sick, IMHO.

Plus.... Bob states RCI, Really consistently Inconsistent. FYI.

Back to watching you spinning around in the washing machine.:halo:

JC

Does anyone care? Not only is the answer to that, NO, but then this entire thread is completely a mess.

No one of us are on the board of directors at RCI, and therefore, some people have wasted a lot of their time trying to fix something that is not broken, and even if it is, so what?

Some people want to blow it up, either because it won’t affect them or maybe because it will hurt others. That is kind of sick, IMHO.

Plus.... Bob states RCI, Really consistently Inconsistent. FYI.

Back to watching you spinning around in the washing machine.:halo:

JC

If your not happy reading the thread you are not obligated to read it.

If your not happy reading the thread you are not obligated to read it.

I am happy to read it. Nothing like watch a slow motion train wreck. I was taught that bragging was rude, but it is fun to watch.

I do get tired of the pretend management and personal peeves, but the slow motion train wreck makes up for that.

JC

You are right Alex we all are just a number with the crew and RC.

All businesses are looking for new customers but as LMaxwell seemed to insinuate that 60+ spend little compared to younger non diamond members i had to correct him and I'm sure a lot of older people have more disposable income and do spend a reasonable sum with RC.

I will further that and say that there are plenty of younger 30-40 D and D+ that spend plenty as well. I think LMaxwell would be surprised at how many of the higher loyalty member spend a great amount on board. I’ve said it before, you have to have disposable income in the first place to make it to the higher levels and take that many cruises. We always cruise above an interior with some JS and sometimes GS sprinkled in. Always get two drink packages, dining package, and several excursions.

That's what a lot of people were doing on Freedom last month. Nearly impossible to get a seat in either lounge during cocktail hour.
That's what a lot of people were doing the first 2 nights of this freedom cruise. Surprisingly there were seats tonight at 435 pm. I stopped at the cl to see if some friends were there. So walked up to dl as two elevators are out of commission. Entered dl and I was surprised to see quiet a few seats available.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That's what a lot of people were doing the first 2 nights of this freedom cruise. Surprisingly there were seats tonight at 435 pm. I stopped at the cl to see if some friends were there. So walked up to dl as two elevators are out of commission. Entered dl and I was surprised to see quiet a few seats available.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

So frank I guess Liberty out of the question for this year?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I will further that and say that there are plenty of younger 30-40 D and D+ that spend plenty as well. I think LMaxwell would be surprised at how many of the higher loyalty member spend a great amount on board. I’ve said it before, you have to have disposable income in the first place to make it to the higher levels and take that many cruises. We always cruise above an interior with some JS and sometimes GS sprinkled in. Always get two drink packages, dining package, and several excursions.

It sure would be interesting to see the breakdowns and information. Purely from a r/dataisbeautiful perspective.

It sure would be interesting to see the breakdowns and information. Purely from a r/dataisbeautiful perspective.

Again, beyond the bragging what is there to learn from an anonymous forum on the internet from a pure statistics point of view.

People posting here are under no obligation to tell the truth, from reading the zillion pages of this thread, they are incapable of the truth, and further... nobody cares.

JC. .... just sayin....

Again, beyond the bragging what is there to learn from an anonymous forum on the internet from a pure statistics point of view.

People posting here are under no obligation to tell the truth, from reading the zillion pages of this thread, they are incapable of the truth, and further... nobody cares.

JC. .... just sayin....

No, it would be interesting, to me, to see the real data, not a handful of anecdotal explanations on the forum. I know none of us will ever see it. I know others don't think it is interesting.

No, it would be interesting, to me, to see the real data, not a handful of anecdotal explanations on the forum. I know none of us will ever see it. I know others don't think it is interesting.

Yes real data interesting, anecdotal from this forum, interesting in a completely different and pointless way.

JC

It won't be but older people usually have more disposable income and the ability to spend more.

Nope. You need to do some research on generational wealth trends.

Older people just don't have full-time jobs and can therefore travel more often than other generations.

I will further that and say that there are plenty of younger 30-40 D and D+ that spend plenty as well.

Yep. They just don't hang out in the D or Concierge/Suite lounges because there are more fun places to be where you don't have to hear other cruisers talk about loyalty level and look at their weird photos of them outside their travel agency (twice I have seen that one posted now):D:D;p

I am happy to read it. Nothing like watch a slow motion train wreck. I was taught that bragging was rude, but it is fun to watch.

I do get tired of the pretend management and personal peeves, but the slow motion train wreck makes up for that.

JC

JC, as usual, you are saying what I think! :D