Shuttle from ship to Old Town in Cartegena, Colombia

53sunset

As said there are Taxi's ( a lot of them ) just outside the cruise terminal. I negotiated an all day tour that included the old city. Be sure to stop and enjoy the cruise terminals garden and exotic birds as well.

We'll be in Cartegena Colombia in April and was wondering if anyone knows if there is a shuttle to take you from the ship to Old Town.

Best bet would probably take a taxi. When leaving the ship they do have a shuttle that takes you to the cruise terminal. You can also walk it but it sure was hot when we were there. Outside the cruise terminal they have the taxi's. Princess also offers a Hop on Hop off bus or a tour called On Your Own where they will take you to town and then pick you up about 3 or 4 hours later. Seem to recall around $35. PP

We spent a couple of days in Cartagena in 2016 ... great city and much more tourist friendly since I was last there is 2000.

I researched our time there extensively before we got there. As of 2 years ago, the cab drivers (found just on the other side of the gate from the little zoo area at the port) will tell you the cabs are $20 to take you to old town. I read that they will really only charge you $10 ahead of time and even one of the speakers on the ship said the same thing. Yep .. we bargained for a $10 ride. We also booked a free walking tour of the Walled City (it was an amazing tour); just tip accordingly. You do have to sign up ahead of time and they will have your name on a list. It will begin at the Naval Building, which is way towards the back of the Walled City and no doubt, someone at the entrance of the Walled City will try to convince you that their tour is the one you've signed up for. If they don't have your name on their list, it is the wrong tour. But ... I digress. You may not be interested in this.

On our way back, we caught a cab for $8 back to the ship so I know the $10 fare to get there was a fair price. Of note, very few people in the area of the Walled City, including the cab drivers speak English.. Good thing I remembered some of my 5 years of Spanish from my childhood.

Anyhow, the cabs are not allowed in the port area but there is a shuttle that will take you from the ship to the little zoo / shopping area and back and it is air conditioned. The walk is only about 10 minutes tops but there is no shade. It is HOT in Cartagena so the shuttle with AC was most appreciated.

=Kind of went off on a tangent here ... hopefully, the info will help some of the readers, though.