Princess Coffee Cards now have expiration dates

whatcruiseisnext

Not exactly when it comes to stronger. On ships they use pre-programmed automatic machines that are set to extract a specific amount of liquid from each measure of ground coffee. If you are having some kind of concoction (such as cappuccino or a latte) you can request an "extra shot" or even 3 shots. But you do pay for those extra shots or will likely have a 2nd punch taken out of your coffee card (this varies by barista). I routinely order a cappuccino with 2 or 3 shots and ask them to cut back on the milk :).

Hank

I know the hot chocolate machines in the Horizon are set for automatic liquid dispense but possibly the baristas can adjust the mix as desired.

We will see shortly.

Update. My wife spoke to the hotel manager. Coffee cards to be rolling one year expiration dates. He said the policy was on the Internet. Where, I don’t know.

The change is not shown when checking my Cruise Personalizer for a summer cruise which should be where the policy change would be displayed.

It’s just the latest example of receiving incorrect information from Princess personnel. I’d expect the hotel manager to provide accurate information but the change in policy is not stated if purchasing a coffee card online.

Update. My wife spoke to the hotel manager. Coffee cards to be rolling one year expiration dates. He said the policy was on the Internet. Where, I don’t know.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hotel Manager on what ship ?

If what you were told IS True then this policy has been going on since June of 2017... Look at the dates below

2u781ep.jpg

Edited by Harley0711

Just got off Caribbean Princess and had a coffee card with nothing on the back (traded mini bar for coffee cards) and he asked to see my card. He wrote the ship name and voyage number on the back .. no expiration date.

Debr

We just checked our cards from October/November on the Regal. We were on a B2B. Traded the mini bar for coffee cards the first cruise. There is no expiration date but there is a voyage number. We asked if we would be able to use the cards for tea on the second leg and the answer was NO. They are sticking to the rules on the Regal.

Cheers, Denise

If what you were told IS True then this policy has been going on since June of 2017... Look at the dates below

2u781ep.jpg

I can't wait to here back from someone who tries to use their punches after an expiration date.

June 2018 is the earliest one I've see so far.

What were you told about using the card after the June date?

Policy on web site:

Unused card punches for New Grounds specialty drinks will be honored on future voyages.

Policy on web site:

Unused card punches for New Grounds specialty drinks will be honored on future voyages.

The unwritten rule of the web says that you can find just about anything you want to read if you search long enough.

I believe that manager was looking a little to hard for an alibi.

The unwritten rule of the web says that you can find just about anything you want to read if you search long enough.

A Google search (New Grounds Coffee Card) took about 1 minute. It took me to the "Thirsty for Something" page, I looked at the "Somethings Brewing" section and clicked the "Learn About Our Coffee Card or Beverage Package" and was on the "Beverage Packages and Culinary Delights" page where there is a section about the New Grounds Coffee Card. Now granted, you have to read the footnotes but it is there:

†Unlimited brewed coffee and teas included with the New Grounds Coffee Card are only available on the voyage on which the New Grounds Coffee Card was purchased. Unused card punches for New Grounds specialty drinks will be honored on future voyages. Terms and conditions may apply.

It took me a lot longer to type up this comment :D

With this statement, they allow themselves to alter the terms and conditions...like add an expiration date.

Understood.

But It should be advertised in a fashion that lets everyone know upfront what it's limitations are especially if they're going to add an expiration date that affects future punches.

It shouldn't be something like a sneaky date printed at the bottom like they're now doing.

I'm still undecided as to what the expiration date really implies. :confused:

I have one with no exp date I’m gonna probably put on eBay since we probably won’t use it. We have the ultimate beverage package on our next cruise and we don’t cruise often enough to keep it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Could their incentive for adding an expiration date be to keep people from selling them on eBay? :confused:

I know I would be leery about a purchase if the card read that way.

Just off the Grand Princess this past Tuesday and coffee cards have expiration date of 12/31/2018.

Do not understand how they can reasonably charge you for coffees in advance and than deny them to you if past an arbitrary date?

It would seem then that cards are not good for 1 year after purchase date:confused:

We just checked our cards from October/November on the Regal. We were on a B2B. Traded the mini bar for coffee cards the first cruise. There is no expiration date but there is a voyage number. We asked if we would be able to use the cards for tea on the second leg and the answer was NO. They are sticking to the rules on the Regal.

Cheers, Denise

You could not use the coffee cards for tea even it they used a punch?

You could not use the coffee cards for tea even it they used a punch?

On every ship I've been on if the card has been used on a previous voyage it can be used for anything with a punch. Tea, specialty coffee, regular brewed coffee, iced coffee.

It's no longer good for gelato even on the initial cruise.

On every ship I've been on if the card has been used on a previous voyage it can be used for anything with a punch. Tea, specialty coffee, regular brewed coffee, iced coffee.

It's no longer good for gelato even on the initial cruise.

That's been my experience also but poster stated they could not use the card from the previous cruise for tea. I may have misunderstood that posting.

That's been my experience also but poster stated they could not use the card from the previous cruise for tea. I may have misunderstood that posting.

Possibly the server didn't understand their rule concerning the tea. They should have asked for the supervisor to get it straight.

They constantly change positions at the IC to cross train all the crew for all jobs.