Princess Coffee Cards now have expiration dates

whatcruiseisnext

I still don't understand why everyone complains about not being able to use the coffee card for gelato....I never cruised on Royal or Regal so never got to use it and by the time I cruised Majestic policy had changed. However...I decided to pay for it on one voyage a few years ago because of all the raves on CC .......and boy was I disappointed..not to let that one experience of 3 favors shade my opinion......I still ask for samples...wherever it's available on future sailings so I have pretty much tried every flavor and still do not understand why having to pay for it now is such a big deal to many people on CC.

It only was included for a punch on the Royal and Regal which has a gelato shop separate from the Internet Cafe.

It never was included for a punch on the ships where the gelato was a part of the IC.(In any event, it would have been a poor use of a punch on those ships were 3 scoops cost $1.50 and a punch is worth more than that.)

People are upset because it was a nice thing about cruising on those two ships and has been taken away. It is just another nicety gone from Princess, just like the availability of chocolate covered strawberries as part of the elite benefit on formal evenings.

It only was included for a punch on the Royal and Regal which has a gelato shop separate from the Internet Cafe.

It never was included for a punch on the ships where the gelato was a part of the IC.(In any event, it would have been a poor use of a punch on those ships were 3 scoops cost $1.50 and a punch is worth more than that.)

People are upset because it was a nice thing about cruising on those two ships and has been taken away. It is just another nicety gone from Princess, just like the availability of chocolate covered strawberries as part of the elite benefit on formal evenings.

I was told yesterday that you can request chocolate covered strawberries & you'll get them IF they have sufficient on the ship. The other night we received a dish of truffels in place of the other items on the card.

For some reason they don't order as many strawberries like they've done in the past. Strange?

I was told yesterday that you can request chocolate covered strawberries & you'll get them IF they have sufficient on the ship. The other night we received a dish of truffels in place of the other items on the card.

For some reason they don't order as many strawberries like they've done in the past. Strange?

I just tried this and was turned down. Guess there weren't enough strawberries!! Nice to hear you got truffles in place of the other items. Wish they would update those awful canapés. They are so dated!

I just tried this and was turned down. Guess there weren't enough strawberries!! Nice to hear you got truffles in place of the other items. Wish they would update those awful canapés. They are so dated!

I haven't tried strawberries (not a chocolate fan), but I've been able to write in the cream puffs and get them.

• 1 month later...
Sorry, I'm late to this game.

I'm sailing Nov 2018. If I buy a coffee card, will the expiration date be 12/31/18? Or ??

No one can provide a definitive answer for this recent change.

Like you, we can only guess & I would think for your cruise it’d have a 12/31/19 expiration date. Or maybe Princess will modify the cards to manually add an expiration date 12 months after purchase.

If neither of these things happen, I wouldn’t purchase a coffee card unless I’d use all 15 punches during my cruise.

Just returned from a 14 day Caribbean cruise..coffee card had the cruise date and ship code on back..no expiration date.

Had to show the back of the card to get brewed coffee and iced brewed coffee. Punches for specialty coffee from old cards were accepted.

We are currently on Royal Princess. They are accepting our old coffee card and our new card does have an expiration date of Dec. 2018.

It is my Strong Opinion that Princess Will accept the older coffer cards as long as they have unpunched places.. So,, Use that NEW card Before you use the old card, lol

Just returned from a 14 day Caribbean cruise..coffee card had the cruise date and ship code on back..no expiration date.

Had to show the back of the card to get brewed coffee and iced brewed coffee. Punches for specialty coffee from old cards were accepted.

I was on the same cruise as BRANDEE and experienced the same thing. They accepted my old Coffee cards and punched them for fancy coffees and the new cards I received for my mini bar exchange did not have expiration dates.

It is my Strong Opinion that Princess Will accept the older coffer cards as long as they have unpunched places.. So,, Use that NEW card Before you use the old card, lol

I also think so.....so I'll be selling the new ones that I obtained if I know for sure I'll never finish using them & save the old ones for future use.

We're headed out in a few weeks with a couple of coffee cards. Won't be able to use all 30 of the drinks on the cruise, so check your stateroom Bibles. As we don't have enough vacation time for another cruise before the end of the year, we'll just be leaving them there for the next folks.

Our coffee cards from the Majestic Princess a month ago do not have an expiry date on them. Guessing we can use them on our next Princess cruise (though we know we can only get the speciality coffees, not the ordinary drinks).

Susan, Northumberland

I guess I don't understand the expiration on a coffee card, the cost to Princess is almost $0 to offer that as a perk. Makes no sense to me.

If you are allowed to keep using punches, one will do so.

If it is not allowed, Princess has the opportunity to sell a new card.

We're headed out in a few weeks with a couple of coffee cards. Won't be able to use all 30 of the drinks on the cruise, so check your stateroom Bibles. As we don't have enough vacation time for another cruise before the end of the year, we'll just be leaving them there for the next folks.

By Bible, do you mean the folder that Princess leaves on the desk?

It's probably not even looked at by most people. There is no place to leave anything for the next passengers that they'll conveniently find.

We have two of these unmarked cards that we planned to use on the cruise that we had to cancel.

We will have the Beverage Package on our next cruise.

It looks like the Royal has been accepting them.

Are these cards still being accepted on most ships?

I am just hoping to get current info, as we could pass these on or sell these to another Princess cruiser.

And, even if we were sailing soon, I would not want to just leave them in the cabin as a way to pass them on.

Thanks!

By Bible, do you mean the folder that Princess leaves on the desk?

It's probably not even looked at by most people. There is no place to leave anything for the next passengers that they'll conveniently find.

On some other cruise lines, people leave behind partially used cards in the bible in the stateroom.

However, princess staterooms do not have bibles.

On some other cruise lines, people leave behind partially used cards in the bible in the stateroom.

However, princess staterooms do not have bibles.

Some cruise lines have Bibles?

I would never find a card if anyone did leave one in a Bible.

I used to leave old patters & (useful) coupons in the life jackets but since people don't have to bring them to muster any longer I doubt if anyone would bother trying them on. ;)

• 3 months later...
By your logic they should be charging for coffee in the Horizon.

Yes but their drink package allows as much as you want on that cruise unlike the Princess coffee card that has a limit or 15 punches.

If they sold the coffee card as unlimited for all their coffee on that cruise, your logic makes sense.

I was considering buying a Coffee Card but remembered that it was less expensive On-Board than purchasing pre-Boarding.

We have used previously bought Coffee Cards on prior Cruises but could only get Brewed Coffee not, specialty or Hot Chocolate. That was as late as March of 2018. Might not be usable any longer.

Still wondering the cost of Purchasing On-Board vs Pre-Ordering.

How nice of you!

I was considering buying a Coffee Card but remembered that it was less expensive On-Board than purchasing pre-Boarding.

We have used previously bought Coffee Cards on prior Cruises but could only get Brewed Coffee not, specialty or Hot Chocolate. That was as late as March of 2018. Might not be usable any longer.

Are you sure you typed that correctly?

The older cards are still honored for Specialty coffees with a punch. The brewed coffee, hot chocolate & tea also requires a punch on the older coffee cards but are included with a new coffee purchase.

If they told you the Specialty coffee's weren't included, someone didn't understand their new rules.

The price break before boarding and post boarding stopped a couple of years ago. It's the same price.