Any NEWS on VV? Please post it here...

wwcruisers

10 hours ago, Notnewtoit said:

Good find, TY!

Glad I couldn't get their stock pre pandemic.......  Now just waiting for VV to eliminate mask mandate, as per new CDC guidelines....YES the cruise goes on. No one in their right mind would stop a cruise for a passenger...

Edited by garymfreedman

On 5/10/2021 at 11:55 PM, gkbiiii said:

But the law of first class pools & a solarium, will make this ship a looser in the Caribbean market.

I guess I was nearly asleep when I wrote this.  What I meant to say was/translation: Without first rate pools and a solarium, the ship will be at a great disadvantage, and likely a loser, in the ultra-competitive Miami-Caribbean market.

8 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

I guess I was nearly asleep when I wrote this.  What I meant to say was/translation: Without first rate pools and a solarium, the ship will be at a great disadvantage, and likely a loser, in the ultra-competitive Miami-Caribbean market.

I've been sailing the Caribbean for decades and have never used a solarium... there's this thing called the sun outside and on balance shade is preferable. In all that time I have never heard anyone ever mention "I'm off to the solarium", never, not once, honestly I've never even seen mention of a solarium on an NCL ship but I guess it could be there in the spa somewhere. The pool size is odd I agree, quite what they were thinking is beyond me... my only conclusion is they conducted a myriad of focus groups with their target demographic minus kids and the answer came back "pool, nah, not interested much, just gimme somewhere to dangle my feet and sip a cocktail". Having watched cruise pools, again across many decades I've observed them mostly used by kids for extended periods (no surprise) and for brief cool-down dips by adults with occupancy in that respect 10-15 people max at any one time. Simultaneously the hot tubs were full from dawn to dusk. I don't see Virgin having ANY problem with success targeting their niche market in the Caribbean, they are quite good at niche marketing and brand development.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Notnewtoit said:

Can you define what you mean by solarium for me?

On Celebrity ships, it is a large air conditioned enclosed area with lounge chairs around a pool with a glass ceiling. The area has a water feature and a quiet ambiance - adults only for much of the day.

On 5/19/2021 at 3:07 PM, twodjs said:

On Celebrity ships, it is a large air conditioned enclosed area with lounge chairs around a pool with a glass ceiling. The area has a water feature and a quiet ambiance - adults only for much of the day.

Ahh, the Haven courtyard on NCL... not for general consumption!

NCL ships seem to survive in the Caribbean with high load factor so I still don't see the lack holding back VV any more than NCL?

On 5/20/2021 at 2:12 AM, mnocket said:

I think that for the demographic VV is targeting, the quiet ambiance of a solarium just doesn't fit in (this coming from someone who loves Celebrity's solarium).  jmho

Yet something like Chotto Matte in Miami Beach, would do wonders for Virgin.  Notice the retractable roof, that leads to a party at night: a solarium on ship, is just like this and would be revolutionary, for shipboard dining! 

https://chotto-matte.com/miami/gallery/

e27d1a551c23a4b062765f37540af0bb.jpg

Edited by gkbiiii

On 5/29/2021 at 5:49 PM, garymfreedman said:

Here is the SCARLETT LADY DECK PLANS, should you be wanting a copy.

You can also see layouts, and search for cabin numbers here :https://www.icruise.com/ships/virgin-voyages-scarlet-lady-deck-plans.html

Scarlett Lady Deck Plans.jpg

Still seems to be a lot of huge blank spaces, that aren't described... Hopefully, they'll fill some of this in soon. I've completed most of my online check in, and shore excursions have now shown up on my app. I can't wait until 45 days out, when I can finally book dining...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Still seems to be a lot of huge blank spaces, that aren't described... Hopefully, they'll fill some of this in soon. I've completed most of my online check in, and shore excursions have now shown up on my app. I can't wait until 45 days out, when I can finally book dining...

I’m greyed out for check in still, have you been able to access this?

We’re due to sail next month on one of the UK Summer Soirées…

B9BACF2E-8405-44BB-937C-B5CA8F92957C.png

Edited by stitchcreek

59 minutes ago, stitchcreek said:

I’m greyed out for check in still, have you been able to access this?

We’re due to sail next month on one of the UK Summer Soirées…

B9BACF2E-8405-44BB-937C-B5CA8F92957C.png

Did you log in with your email address and password? I'm sailing Sept 26th, and I've already been able to do my entire online check in...

4 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Did you log in with your email address and password? I'm sailing Sept 26th, and I've already been able to do my entire online check in...

Yep, all logged in, even just uninstalled the app and tried again just to make sure I wasn’t missing something… but still getting stuck at this point

2 hours ago, stitchcreek said:

Yep, all logged in, even just uninstalled the app and tried again just to make sure I wasn’t missing something… but still getting stuck at this point

I’ve been in touch with agents about it and they say it still has glitches - done all the things you’ve done with no success. I’m on the 9th August sailing. 

35 minutes ago, wendyam76 said:

I’ve been in touch with agents about it and they say it still has glitches - done all the things you’ve done with no success. I’m on the 9th August sailing. 

That is example of their lousy IT department. They have not even had public sailing and they still can't handle the technology. It has been lousy since they opened things up in 2018....

9 hours ago, CroozFanatic said:

Looking like Virgin pegged it exactly right with the July 14th restart from Miami. I think they made that call back in February?

Unfortunately, they "overthought" the situation and started the British experiment.

It could have gone either way with the CDC-Still have issue with Florida ban on requiring proof of vaccine...