Diamond Lounge Hours

Hi, does the Diamond Lounge normally open 1 hour before the early seating traditional dining? We were on the Adventure in September, the lounge opened at 5:00 pm and early seating was at 6:00 pm. This time we are on the Grandeur for the New England cruise and the early seating is listed as 5:30 pm. Just wondering if we will only have 1/2 hr. to enjoy the lounge before dinner.

Thanks

Hi, does the Diamond Lounge normally open 1 hour before the early seating traditional dining? We were on the Adventure in September, the lounge opened at 5:00 pm and early seating was at 6:00 pm. This time we are on the Grandeur for the New England cruise and the early seating is listed as 5:30 pm. Just wondering if we will only have 1/2 hr. to enjoy the lounge before dinner.

Thanks

We were on the Jewel April 2017 and the DL was open from 4:30 to 8 for drinks. The MDR opened at 5:30.

Edited by davekathy

I thought the Diamond Lounge was open all day ..... just served drinks during those hours.:confused:

The DL is accessible with the SeaPass card 24 hours, but most of that time there's nothing but the coffee machine available.

The DL is accessible with the SeaPass card 24 hours, but most of that time there's nothing but the coffee machine available.

Thats true plus cups,tea bags,hot chocolate satchets,sugar,stirrers etc if you need supplies to take back to your cabin to make hot drinks with your own cabin kettle.

Also water and tea I think.

Some ships will provide snacks in the afternoon such as cookies.

Also, there are usually a couple computer terminals for use. It's a nice quiet place to hang out and read a book and relax if so inclined.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong: the late diners have at least three hours prior to their dinner to enjoy the "happy hour." Early diners have about 45 minutes before dinner (if they don't want to keep their table waiting), and if they rush out from dinner, they have about 45 minutes after dinner. Is this right?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong: the late diners have at least three hours prior to their dinner to enjoy the "happy hour." Early diners have about 45 minutes before dinner (if they don't want to keep their table waiting), and if they rush out from dinner, they have about 45 minutes after dinner. Is this right?

Late diners can enjoy happy hour for 3 1/2 hours. That's why we eat late. :rolleyes:

That's right, though I would think that the late diners would not want to enter the lounge until the early diners have left. Less crowded that way.

Some nights we don't go to DL, but when we do we mostly arrive after 5:30 (when early diners have gone to dinner). We have a couple of drinks, leave just before 7:00 to go to show & then have MTD straight after.

We have met people in DL who advise they no longer go to the shows so they don't miss out on the drinks - all good.

That was the experience we had on the Navigator, and a solitary plate of cookies. However, on the Independence there was fresh fruit, cookies, cucumber water, cheeses, and sliced meats available all day, and was refreshed every couple hours.

That was the experience we had on the Navigator, and a solitary plate of cookies. However, on the Independence there was fresh fruit, cookies, cucumber water, cheeses, and sliced meats available all day, and was refreshed every couple hours.

I remember on Radiance, when Juan Diego was concierge, there would be small sandwiches available at lunch time. Very nice.

I remember on Radiance, when Juan Diego was concierge, there would be small sandwiches available at lunch time. Very nice.

We have looked in CL and DL during the day when there has been cookies on display.

I also noticed several fly's around the cookies so decided i would not eat any.

Either the early diners drink more than the late diners or late diners start drinking early because it always seems to be the most crowded on any ship we have been on between 5 - 6 pm:halo:

Some people are in for the full duration of the cocktail hours.

That's right, though I would think that the late diners would not want to enter the lounge until the early diners have left. Less crowded that way.

We always eat late. We don't go to the lounge until after Early seating starts.

Some people are in for the full duration of the cocktail hours.

For us it depends on the ship and the sailing. As we know some cruises are heavier with Diamond and above than others. On Oasis in 2016 the place is packed when it opens, so we did wait till 1st seating time to show up. On our Adventure cruise last year, we frequently enjoyed a full 3 hours up there and showed up to dinner very happy. We try to be courteous of early seaters and only go if its not crowded.