On the Eclipse

KCalla

Elite Breakfast?

I'll be on the Eclipse TA in April. I'm totally bummed about the glass show since that is one of the reasons we booked the Eclipse, also because it is going to Dublin. Here's my question - do they still offer an Elite breakfast and where is it held? Thanks in advance for the info. Anita

You will find the Elite breakfast in Tuscan.

Do they have a dedicated Elite lounge on the Eclipse?

Did you see any Zumba type classes by pool or inside atrium?

We’re going on the Eclipse soon. It’s my pick and I assured my bride 👰 of 40 years that Zumba class and a ton of dancing opportunities would be available. She’s going to kill me if not!!!!

Wife loves RCL so we go back and forth. Last 2 Anthem and Grandeur were excellent.

Previous on Equionox was great. Had a young lady from Canada 🇨🇦 with all kinds of Zumba etc.

Pray for me. 14 nights and no Zumba.

I’m in trouble.:evilsmile:

You had better prepare your funeral :rolleyes: , I was reading the cruiser dailies of Nov 26/2017 and there are no Zumba classes, I do not know if the coach has changed now and these classes are given.

You can find: ABS Express, Sole Energizer, Indoor cycling, Pilates, Yoga, Morning Stretch, and Body Sculpt boot camp.

Bon Voyage

On the cruise that ended 2/4/2018, there was no Zumba. There was not a certified Zumba instructor on board. A staff member came on board for the last 4-5 days who conducted some sort of Latin Dancing in the pool - called it Aqua Exercise but it was to Latin music. There was also some Latin line dancing at the pool which resembled it a bit. It was disappointing. There is a Zumba DVD available for purchase on line which is pretty good - you can treat her and bring a DVD player or install it on one of your own devices. Good luck. It was disappointing.

just left Miami on January 21st. What a wonderful ship and crew. Our Cruise Connections meet and great was yesterday morning (the first sea day). Great turnout. Huge thanks to the Cruise Critic member who organized it. I did not get to thank you in person. The Eclipse Master of the Vessel and many of the Senior Staff attended and we were all warmly greeted and made to feel very welcome on board. It was a lovely event, greatly enhanced by the Captain and Senior Staff engaged presence. The Eclipse provided beautiful pastries and coffee and tea. We have attended quite a few Cruise Connections events. This was, by far, the best.

Who is the Captain and cruise director on this trip

I’d like to know how many formal nights are held on Eclipse in Southern Caribbean sailing Feb 18 from Miami

There are three nights called "CHIC" not formal anymore on Celebrity. No ties , jackets, etc suggested.

You should have joined our Feb18, Eclipse roll call, very informative .

Joe

\

There are three nights called "CHIC" not formal anymore on Celebrity. No ties , jackets, etc suggested.

Joe

\

Just off the Eclipse and for Chic nights, many men still wore jackets and ties- very few tuxedos- but men still dressed. Also ladies wore cocktail attire- but again-a few with long gowns- Going on the Silhouette next month and plan on wearing cocktail attire and my DH enjoys dressing for dinner on Chic nights.

Joe

\

There are only two Evening Chic nights, not three.

Also, Celebrity does suggest jackets for men as an option.

Women should feel comfortable wearing:

• A cocktail dress

• Skirt, pants or designer jeans with an elegant top

Men should feel comfortable wearing:

• Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater

• Optional sport coat or blazer

Our January 20, 2018 14 day Eclipse Cruise had three Chic nights. The 2/18 cruise is also 14 days.

Which 14 day Eclipse Cruise only had two?

All of them that I've been on so far, and there's no indication that my March 18 cruise is adding a third.

This information is taken from the current Celebrity FAQ (https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/company/customer-support/help-and-faqs/during-your-cruise/onboard-dress-code):

All cruises that are 7 nights or longer will feature two Evening Chic nights. Any cruise 6-nights or shorter will feature one Evening Chic night. All other nights of the cruise will feature Smart Casual attire. Celebrity Xpedition will continue to feature casual attire for the entire cruise.

If you had three, that's an exception.

All of them that I've been on so far, and there's no indication that my March 18 cruise is adding a third.

This information is taken from the current Celebrity FAQ (https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/company/customer-support/help-and-faqs/during-your-cruise/onboard-dress-code):

All cruises that are 7 nights or longer will feature two Evening Chic nights. Any cruise 6-nights or shorter will feature one Evening Chic night. All other nights of the cruise will feature Smart Casual attire. Celebrity Xpedition will continue to feature casual attire for the entire cruise.

If you had three, that's an exception.

we also had three on our jan eclipse sailing. Heard it was at the discretion of the captain. Captain mike had three

we also had three on our jan eclipse sailing. Heard it was at the discretion of the captain. Captain mike had three

Another example of Celebrity inconsistency, where corporate HQ creates policy and individual captains do what they want. Sigh...

Another example of Celebrity inconsistency, where corporate HQ creates policy and individual captains do what they want. Sigh...

Agree and it's BS! We pack IAW the suggested guidelines published on Celebrity's website. Not by what someone on CC posts about a rogue captain or staff member decides what they want to do. After the fact doesn't count.:mad:

Reading past reviews and dailies, and if it's like on those cruises, there will be 3:

Monday 19, Sunday 25 and Friday 30

Reading past reviews and dailies, and if it's like on those cruises, there will be 3:

Monday 19, Sunday 25 and Friday 30

I went through my dailies from March 2016 (same cruise) earlier today, Gerardo, and there were only two at that time, in line with Celebrity policy. Oh well, I guess it won't make a big difference given the fact that I meet the Evening Chic dress codes on most night anyway.