Two people found dead Harmony Of the Seas

Forgive my ignorance, but can someone explain what "bad welds" is?

It's a joke by forum regulars that is shorthand for "anyone who complains about anything on a cruise is dumb", and thus was somewhat out of place here.

(There will now be some pithy comments implying I have no sense of humor.)

I apologize if anyone got offended by my posts yesterday.

I did not intend to cause offense, nor did I try to link drugs with being gay because that is not the case. What I was meaning was that there are several ignorant and homophobic people out there who may use this as a way to justify their bigoted beliefs. It is not right, but unfortunately it does happen.

I read your post and completely understood your wording...no need to apologize to those that jump to conclusions or misunderstood.

Happy healthy life and travels to you.

I’m with Ashland, I understood what you were saying Joe12 and the unfortunate reality behind it. Thanks to you both for sharing your thoughts.

We are on the Harmony of the Seas on Saturday. We got an e-mail not to board until 1 pm because they have to offload equipment from the last cruise.

I suspect the delay is because of the sad deaths on the cruise instead.

We are on the Harmony of the Seas on Saturday. We got an e-mail not to board until 1 pm because they have to offload equipment from the last cruise.

Your delay has nothing to do with the death - that was taken care of in San Juan. The charter company loads a ton extra equipment on these ships for the parties - speakers, lights, video boards, DJ equipment. It all starts to get taken apart the night before arrival, but takes hours to unload.

From what I just read it sounds like the FBI is getting involved in the investigation. Aside from the GHB there are reports of ecstasy and cocaine on board.

id be willing to bet that all of that and more is on every ship for every cruise-

other then trying to find out if he brought his own or if someone was distributuing it on board they wont do much.

No. I've seen multiple cruises delayed boarding after a Charter including this group.

They are private event cruises. There are deaths from various causes on many/most cruises. This one is getting a lot of publicity because this person was in the entertainment industry.

Private event (charters) are very different than regular cruises in which the activities and times and schedules are set by the cruise line for all passengers. And I think that probably stuff happens. It is really sad, but it could have happened on land at a private club, or private event just as easily.

There are a lot of celebrities that have passed away in similar circumstances. I think that the cruise line has just rented out the venue and staff. There is probably all sorts of legalize in the contract, that says that they are not responsible for what goes on or actions of the guests.

What about the Holy Ship charter where two dozen people were arrested at the port

For the first sailing. Over a dozen more were arrested before the second Holy Ship charter, which took place on the following sailing.

Holy Ship is an EDM (music) cruise, and a much different "scene" than a regular cruise or an Atlantis all-gay event. On an EDM cruise, "party" drugs ARE pretty prevalent. They are part-and-parcel of that scene.

Really saddened to hear about Joel's death, no matter the cause or circumstances. :loudcry:

Your delay has nothing to do with the death - that was taken care of in San Juan. The charter company loads a ton extra equipment on these ships for the parties - speakers, lights, video boards, DJ equipment. It all starts to get taken apart the night before arrival, but takes hours to unload.

Just curious what them off loading equipment has to do with us getting on?

Just curious what them off loading equipment has to do with us getting on?

There may be crewmembers consumed with the offloading process. There may also be hardhat areas around the ship, and it may be safer just to keep guests out of the way during the process.

It's a joke by forum regulars that is shorthand for "anyone who complains about anything on a cruise is dumb", and thus was somewhat out of place here.

Not really in the case of the bad welds joke. That is usually only brought up by a select few who hate Harmony.

I most likely think it's the unloading issue, but, it is odd that they didn't tell you so earlier.

The other option could be, and a wild speculation, that due to the FBI investigation the DEA/ICE/FBI/Broward County Sheriff are going to show up in mass with drug sniffing dogs and do a major search of all luggage coming off the ship as well as slowing the disembarkation for tighter screening.

Insert even wilder conspiracy theory, that the crackdown above will have come down from our anti-LGBT AG Jeff Sessions as a way to drum up a bunch of bad press for the LGBT community and tout his new "War on Drugs".

Or, they just have a lot of DJ and stage equipment to unload that is currently packed up in boxes spread across the ship. :)

Joel was a close friend and storm chaser colleague.....none of you knew him....before you jump out there and start assuming what happen, please let the authorities do their job first...

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

Sorry for your loss. It’s very sad, regardless of how it happened. He was special to all those who loved him I’m sure.

(There will now be some pithy comments implying I have no sense of humor.)

The welds comment was in extremely poor taste. There's nothing funny about a 38 year old dying from an overdose.

Not really in the case of the bad welds joke. That is usually only brought up by a select few who hate Harmony.

I thought it was people who hate the French....

Biker is correct, however btoneill you are close. The few that complained about the French welds thought Harmony’s construction quality was substandard compared to Oasis and Allure. Another feature was the use of plastic roof panels VS glass on the sister ships.