are you still allowed to punch a hole in your cruise card to attach a lanyard?

BoopTennis

It's the Regal where they aren't punching holes in the new cards because they are RIFD cards with the new medallion program. They have us a plastic sleeve from Staples to hang on the lanyard carry our card in along with our medallion.

It's the Regal where they aren't punching holes in the new cards because they are RIFD cards with the new medallion program. They have us a plastic sleeve from Staples to hang on the lanyard carry our card in along with our medallion.

I am guessing that those yet participating in the ***** experience will be issued the standard cruise card that can be punched if using a lanyard. Just to be safe, I am packing some card holder sleeves that can be used with a lanyard for our upcoming late February voyage on the Regal and be in good shape for our December voyage on her.

We were on the pre-inaugural of the Majestic and not allowed to have holes punched in our cards. Has to get a plastic wallet to attach to the lanyards.

They said it was due to the new technology that they were now using.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am guessing that those yet participating in the ***** experience will be issued the standard cruise card that can be punched if using a lanyard. Just to be safe, I am packing some card holder sleeves that can be used with a lanyard for our upcoming late February voyage on the Regal and be in good shape for our December voyage on her.

We disembarked Regal on 12/3 and were not in an ***** cabin and they would not punch my card as they are all the new cards that will malfunction if tampered with!

We disembarked Regal on 12/3 and were not in an ***** cabin and they would not punch my card as they are all the new cards that will malfunction if tampered with!

With all the problems reported with the implementation of the Medallions, maybe they would work better if there was a hole punched into them.

With all the problems reported with the implementation of the Medallions, maybe they would work better if there was a hole punched into them.

LOL. I really have this suspicion that the implementation crew is purposely doing a slow walk on this program. Think about it. They work a few hours a day on a luxury cruise ship, have some really decent food, maybe get a couple of hours off at lovely ports of call, see a production show or two and bunk with another lonely contractor. Sounds like the making of a reality show to me....The OMG-*****-LUV Boat.

The non ***** cards are RFID cards. They are used as RFID cards to purchase laundromat tokens.

We were on the Regal in November and could not punch a hole. We bought lanyards, but they had the plastic sleeve for the cards. The lanyards came with the metal ring for the medallion with the sleeve attached below that. When you enter your cabin you have to put your card into a slot on the wall to turn on your lights. Take it out, and the lights go out like hotels in Europe.

We were on the Regal in November and could not punch a hole. We bought lanyards, but they had the plastic sleeve for the cards. The lanyards came with the metal ring for the medallion with the sleeve attached below that. When you enter your cabin you have to put your card into a slot on the wall to turn on your lights. Take it out, and the lights go out like hotels in Europe.

We purchased some plastic card holders just in case we can't punch our cards. Regarding putting the cruise card in the light switch slot, we always bring an old hotel room card and use that and when we leave the room we just pull it out and leave it partially in the slot so it doesn't turn the lights on but will stay there until we return. Cabin stewards are used to seeing this done.