Princess round trip CA - Hawaii

Canadian Sunset

Just came back on January 3rd on the Star out of San Pedro. Plenty of Hawaiian activities daily both ways to and from the islands conducted by natives, very nice. Plus all the other normal ship activities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone taken this cruise? Does Princess have activities planned for all of the sea days?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No. No one has ever taken this cruise. For years upon years, the ships doing this itinerary have been sailing empty... Seriously, couldn't resist.

Yes, of course Princess has activites on all the sea days. Hawaiian themed activites, ie lei making, ukulele lessons, hula lessons, etc along with regular stuff like trivia, bingo, pool games, parties, game shows, movies, lectures, tastings, and so on...

Natives....? I think you mean "locals." Natives is so 19th century.

Picky Picky, you got the point!

Descendants of the original Hawaiians are called “Natives” [emoji6]

Edited by mllewis48

Doing this cruise out of SF right now (enjoying the Crab Shack as I type). Lectures about tbd islands, about wildlife and flowers, ocean life, food and classes on lei making and ukelele classes have been excellent and fun. Brian and Rowena are excellent ambassadors of the islands. Plenty of activities and plenty of rest time before we get to the islands.

On our Holiday cruise it was probably more formal than normal but many were also casual even on formal nights. Dress code has relaxed a lot over the years. Follow the policy and you’ll be fine, enjoy

Aloha huskerdan25, Brian and Rowena are the BOMB... please say hi to them for me. We had dinner at my local Hole in the Wall the night before they boarded Grand. Enjoy the Hawaiian Immersion program. We do this cruise twice a year. Stan & Fran

Thanks for the formal night info; our last 2 cruises were Panama and Caribbean so pretty informal.

Let's discuss this "pretty rough"stuff- do I need to get some patches? I usually manage on Dramamine II, but I don't want to get to know my potty at the hugging level.:p

We did this last Thanksgiving on the Grand and are going again next Christmas. There are plenty of activities to keep you busy for a couple of hours between meals.:D

The Hawaiian ambassadors Brian and Rowena were great and spent a lot of time playing in the Piazza and giving lectures, hulu lessons and uke leassons. Brian can really play that electric uke too.

Our cruise wasn't too rough. There were some rollers but nothing too serious. The worse was coming back to SF from Ensenada but that wasn't really bad. No dramamine required here but everyone is affected differently.

Picky Picky, you got the point!

Descendants of the original Hawaiians are called “Natives” [emoji6]

Right you are! "Native" is the correct term. A "local" may very well not be a native.

Has anyone taken this cruise? Does Princess have activities planned for all of the sea days?

I posted all the Patters from the Hawaii cruise on a review I did last May. You can find a link to that review in my signature.

The Patters will give you an idea of the activities each day.

Enjoy.

On the Grand, is there any problem with anytime dining? We've always loved anytime, but ran into the problem of long waits for seating on the Coral last year. I think it was an older ship with inadequate tables allotted to anytime. I really appreciate your help; we booked late because of the price drop and great air fares,but it sure doesn't leave much time for planning.