Eastern Caribbean itinerary cancelled Apr - Sept

thistimeplease

Just spoke with NCL and they confirmed that they are changing the itinerary for the Eastern Caribbean to Western Caribbean from Apr 2018 - Sept 2018. According to the girl I spoke with NCL needs more time to repair the ports. This is just a heads up for those already booked or thinking of booking. Not NCL fault but my dh and I have no desire for this itinerary and will probably cancel. Thankfully we have plenty of time.

We received our notification regarding our May sailing on the Getaway this morning, from the travel company we used to book the cruise. Our itinerary is now a Western, going to Costa Maya, Roatan, Harvest Caye, and Cozumel. So far, nothing on the NCL website has updated, which is a little annoying.

We're excited to see Harvest Caye, but we were just at the other 3 ports in December. We really enjoyed them, so aren't exactly upset about it, but a bit disappointed to be returning so soon.

We got an email for our may 27 NCL Getaway cruise. They said it would be Honduras, Belize, Costa Maya and Cozumel. I love that ship, but I don't have any interest in that itinerary, it was ok once, but not twice.

Interestingly, a second email came saying that they weren't making the announcement until next week.

That’s a long ways out, thru sept, if affects multiple ships western ports will be more crowded than normal and recovering eastern ports not going to be happy as need pax to help recover

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've seen posts that state they received notification that it was changing our cruises after ours but we are on April 15th sailing and haven't heard a thing.

April 22 is definitely a Western itinerary.

I got a postcard today from CAS.

BTW, Harvest Caye is beautiful.

Carrol

We aren't on the 22nd. We are on the sailing leaving the 15th. I wonder why NCL would notify on sailings AFTER the 15th one.

I just called NCL and spoke with a rep that said he hasn't heard of anything changing. He wasn't very nice honestly.

Just wish we knew what the plan is. We have booked excursions that we need to cancel if the itinerary is changing.

Geez, not picky where I go as I like the ship the best, but I would think NCL would inform their clients of the change...
''

Official letter going out next week

Looks like the TA's were notified first - they notified their clients - - and now we all know.....

I was told if you want to cancel - even if you paid - they will let you off the hook - but probably have to do that asap'

They are crediting cabins with a few $$ of onboard credit - -so there is that

Sorry for you folks that got an unwanted change, I am waiting to jump on the Pearl or the Dawn last minute in late March, suddenly NCL has a lot of tonnage going to those same ports, I might just get a bargain!!!! The Pearl has dropped since yesterday...........

It is a shame about the change in itineraries, although understandable. $25 per stateroom is just a joke though, they'd be better off not bothering at all. That's like leaving a one cent tip in a restaurant if you're pissed off.

Also I hope they do let those that wish to cancel to do so penalty free. It's just the right thing to do.

Good luck folks who are booked on the affected voyages, whatever you decide to do.

It is a shame about the change in itineraries, although understandable. $25 per stateroom is just a joke though, they'd be better off not bothering at all. That's like leaving a one cent tip in a restaurant if you're pissed off.

Also I hope they do let those that wish to cancel to do so penalty free. It's just the right thing to do.

Good luck folks who are booked on the affected voyages, whatever you decide to do.

That's been their normal for years with a change like this or if they change ship or cancel a trip for a charter. Not saying it is good, just what it has been.

If one wants to keep up on progress in one Eastern port: Tortola, I highly recommended the Windtraveler blog written by the family that owned Aristocrat charters. They are Americans that just got back to Tortola and do a good job of giving a picture of what's happening as they rebuild ther lives. They certainly want to rebuild their Island and excursion business. It's clear that it's going to take awhile and makes me wonder why the cancellation decisions weren't made sooner.

Just spoke with NCL and they confirmed that they are changing the itinerary for the Eastern Caribbean to Western Caribbean from Apr 2018 - Sept 2018. According to the girl I spoke with NCL needs more time to repair the ports. This is just a heads up for those already booked or thinking of booking. Not NCL fault but my dh and I have no desire for this itinerary and will probably cancel. Thankfully we have plenty of time.

Thank you for posting this. We have a Western Carrib planned for March and we were looking at booking an Eastern one for June. After reading your post, I now realized I would be doing the same cruise again within just a few short months. Back to the having to figure out what our new summer plans will be.

Here is something to consider, I have no idea if it is true, but look at the reality of the islands effected. I think NCL jumped the gun, as did other lines, and went into those ports to quickly. Maybe past passengers complained about the ports of call not being ready. Just a thought.