Eastern Caribbean itinerary cancelled Apr - Sept

thistimeplease

Just got the email from NCL - now Western Caribbean. They say it will take a couple of days to update their system and all eastern carr shore excursions already purchased will be refunded etc. etc. Small $25 or $50 onboard credit depending on room type booked. I am on the 4/15/18 Getaway sailing...

I find it interesting that NCL is giving people a small amount of OBC when the sailings that got changed to Western in October got nothing. It doesn't bother me that we're not getting any OBC for a changed itinerary. I got $500 refunded back for upgrading my room to a mini-suite from a balcony plus additional OBC and 2 additional perks (upgraded when they gave all perks to oceanviews and up). Between the OBC and the shore excursion credit I have, NCL is covering the cost of my 3 excursions plus I have some OBC leftover. I'm already trying to figure out what I'm going to spend my remaining OBC on so I don't need anymore.

I believe that NCL has contracts with St Thomas and Tortola for it Miami 7 day cruises.

The issue is while St Thomas is open but maybe at a lesser capacity I don’t think Tortola is ready. It is doubtful that St Martaan can take them and St Croix and St Kitts probably don’t have the dock space.

Tortola might be the key for NCL.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I received the email this morning for our 4/29/18 sailing on the Getaway. The thing I find interesting is that I didn't even book this cruise until 1/25/18 and the person at NCL that I booked it with, never said a thing about the change from Eastern to Western. I'm only disappointed because we lose a day out at sea which we love. But, I enjoyed Harvest Caye when I was there last October so it's a trade off. I don't care where it goes as long as I'm on it!

I've seen posts that state they received notification that it was changing our cruises after ours but we are on April 15th sailing and haven't heard a thing.

don't know but sounds like they are changing the itinerary after April or they would be announcing it before next week. They certainly should be giving everyone time to cancel before final payment I would think. i would say it is a shame, but give them credit for one thing, if the ports really are not ready even though some ships have returned it is better to change itineraries than to go to ports that should not be ready to handle too many people all at once.

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

While rebuilding efforts from the 2017 hurricane season are in full swing in the Eastern Caribbean, we continue to evaluate our itineraries to ensure we provide our guests the best possible cruise vacation. Based on recent evaluation of ports of call in the region, it is necessary to adjust the current 7-Day Eastern Caribbean itinerary to offer the vacation experiences we seek to provide. Therefore, your 7-Day Eastern Caribbean cruise on board Norwegian Getaway has been modified to a 7-Day Western Caribbean cruise.

Your new Western Caribbean itinerary features an additional day in port and includes a day at Harvest Caye, The Caribbean's premier resort-style destination. PLUS, we've added an onboard credit for you to enjoy on your cruise! If you are currently booked in an Inside, Oceanview, Balcony or Mini-Suite a $25 per stateroom onboard credit will be applied to your onboard account. If you are currently booked in a Haven/Suite (categories beginning with S or H) you will receive a $50 per stateroom onboard credit. Onboard credits can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges. Please see your new itinerary highlights below:

- Roatán, Honduras

Located off the coast of Honduras, Roatán is the largest of the country's Bay Islands. Relax on magnificent beaches, discover natural wonders on a horseback ride through tropical forests or snorkel shallow reefs teeming with marine life.

- Costa Maya, Mexico

Surrounded by dense jungle and turquoise waters, this relaxing coastal paradise in the Yucatan is home to the Meso-American Reef, the second-largest reef in the world. Dive past sea turtles and tropical fish in areas once known only to local fishermen or off-road through the Mayan jungle on an ATV.

- Cozumel, Mexico

Beautiful and largely unspoiled, the island of Cozumel off the tip of the Yucatan Peninsula is known for its fantastic fishing, snorkeling and diving opportunities, but it's also rich in Mayan and Mexican culture. Travel to the town of Tulum, and visit one of the most famous Mayan ruins or explore an underground river under a canopy of stalactites at the Rio Secreto Nature Reserve.

- Harvest Caye, Belize

Voted Best New Cruise Port in 2017 by Porthole Magazine, Harvest Caye in Southern Belize is the Caribbean's premier island destination. Immerse yourself in Belize's natural beauty and culture on an oasis featuring an expansive pool with a swim-up bar and exclusive seven-acre beach. Zipline across the island, kayak in a salt-water lagoon or snorkel the world's second-largest barrier reef. To learn more about the spectacular destination click the link below.

Please note that it will take us a few days to update the system. Your shore excursions for the Eastern Caribbean will be cancelled and refunded. New shore excursions will need to be selected for the new itinerary. Updated confirmations will be automatically provided once changes have been completed.

This itinerary is sure to be a fantastic experience for you and your fellow cruisers. We look forward to welcoming you onboard soon!

If you have any questions, please contact us at 1-800-327-7030 (Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to midnight ET and Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 pm. ET).

Sincerely,

picture?folder=default0%2FINBOX&id=1717176&uid=Sig1%40nclmiami.com

Vivian Ewart

Vice President, Passenger Services

I understand the change and it is frustrating to all affected, but why are they compensating this ship when they did the same thing to me on the Escape and we got nothing. Although $25 is kind of laughable, its just the point that they're not doing the same across the board.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Forums mobile app

I understand the change and it is frustrating to all affected, but why are they compensating this ship when they did the same thing to me on the Escape and we got nothing. Although $25 is kind of laughable, its just the point that they're not doing the same across the board.

My guess, there are so many people who are still within their cancel without penalty period, they're hoping the $25 gesture keeps them from jumping to a line that is still going to the Eastern Caribbean.

We are affected, too. What makes me frustrated is we went from 3 ports to 4. On this ship I wanted 3 sea days to use the ship features and will now only have 2. Also hate the new itinerary. May cancel, depends on what family wants. So disappointed since we got a great deal and now those awesome deals aren't there since we booked so early.

We are affected, too. What makes me frustrated is we went from 3 ports to 4. On this ship I wanted 3 sea days to use the ship features and will now only have 2. Also hate the new itinerary. May cancel, depends on what family wants. So disappointed since we got a great deal and now those awesome deals aren't there since we booked so early.
Same thing happened to us for our upcoming Escape cruise. I enjoy the sea days so we are staying on board when we're in Nassau.

You can still stay on board one day. Our snorkeling excursion was cancelled in Cozumel due to weather, we stayed on the ship and had a great time. :)

Does anyone know if NCL is the only company who changed their itinerary? My cruise is not til the end of June, received the email yesterday. Unsure of what I’m going to do now. We just did the Western over Thanksgiving.

I was scheduled to go out of Miami on 9/2 on this cruise. Cancelling and going on Carnival for similar cruise. Lost my $100 deposit but I'll live.

I'm now looking at RCL Harmony of the Seas out of Port Canaveral, just concerned if they switch also. I have until Apr to make a decision.

NCL's website is now showing the week I was looking at (Aug 19th) as SOLD OUT in every category. Since I highly doubt it sold out overnight, that must be their temporary solution.

We’re on the 19th, it’s switched. After our PCC told us Monday that they’d not heard anything we pointed out how so many USA agents had already updated their websites. He came back today to say yes it’s changed and UK guests will get official notification soon. Well I found out my cruise last year was cancelled courtesy of cruise critic and not Ncl and they never told me, I had to phone them the day before the flight.Again cruise critic beats Ncl. It’s about time NCL told guests before social media does.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm now looking at RCL Harmony of the Seas out of Port Canaveral, just concerned if they switch also. I have until Apr to make a decision.

Rccl has already returned to eastern sailings. Barring some unrest or disease or another natural disaster don’t see them changing and getting same criticism NCL getting.