Streamers

Airrace

Yes for me it was about reliving memories. I found some that are eco friendly, no harm to the ocean or animals. I going to try and pop one off and spend the rest time enjoying the memory.

If only now I could figure out a way to let family and friends on board for a pre party. Nice to have good memories!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just a quick point - there is no such thing as Eco Friendly - just a made up term to make people feel good.

Also, if you were just going to pop one off in your cabin what's the relevance of them being supposedly safe for the fishes?

You'd probably have more fun with pom poms( a la cheerleader) and mardi gras beas...pose for the webcam as u depart if they have one!

Long gone are the bon voyage parties on board...bad enough when have travel agents or others come onboard for lunch and tours....,,slows things down for those anxious to board!

You'd probably have more fun with pom poms( a la cheerleader) and mardi gras beas...pose for the webcam as u depart if they have one!

Long gone are the bon voyage parties on board...bad enough when have travel agents or others come onboard for lunch and tours....,,slows things down for those anxious to board!

I didn’t realize travel agents could come on board cruise ships. I will enroll my family and friends in a course tomorrow.

Ha Ha

Airrace,

Sounds like fun, as long as the streamers stay in your hand. Don't let some of the gestapo nuts on this forum spoil your happy experience. I really don't understand the thinking of some of these people, but it's a new world we've all been subjected to....

Go for it.

Has anyone used streamers on their debarment cruise? I was thinking of purchasing a few of them to bring back old memories.

The only time streamers have been used on disembarkation was on the TV show the Love Boat...............it is not something to do in reality. Nothing is allowed to go over the rail ..you will get fined and removed from the ship.

Used to be popular at the bon voyage party on the grand Ocean Liners..

Years ago, we saw my aunt and uncle off off on an ocean crossing...whole family was invited to a fancy bon voyage party,,.

Then visitors went ashore as the actual pax sailed off...the railings at the pier and on the ship were filled, the bands played and the streamers flew!

That was then, this is now!

The only time streamers have been used on disembarkation was on the TV show the Love Boat...............it is not something to do in reality. Nothing is allowed to go over the rail ..you will get fined and removed from the ship.

Used to be popular at the bon voyage party on the grand Ocean Liners..

Years ago, we saw my aunt and uncle off off on an ocean crossing...whole family was invited to a fancy bon voyage party,,.

Then visitors went ashore as the actual pax sailed off...the railings at the pier and on the ship were filled, the bands played and the streamers flew!

That was then, this is now!

Not totally TV fantasy or a memory of bygone years. Here's P&O's Oriana departing Sydney in 2012.

oriana-streamer.jpg