Chic Night Dress Code

ldubs

So Evening Chic for men says: "Pants or designer jeans". This is in contrast to casual nights which says: "Pants or jeans".

I have what I would call jeans, but have no idea whether they qualify as designer jeans. What is the difference?

PS: I'm a 66 year old grey headed guy. I don't want to be wearing jeans with holes in them or ones that show my boxers. ;)

So Evening Chic for men says: "Pants or designer jeans". This is in contrast to casual nights which says: "Pants or jeans".

I have what I would call jeans, but have no idea whether they qualify as designer jeans. What is the difference?

PS: I'm a 66 year old grey headed guy. I don't want to be wearing jeans with holes in them or ones that show my boxers. ;)

I don't wear jeans on anything near a hot climate but I did wear them when we went to Alaska. My designer jeans were Kirkland by Costco, no one knew the difference, neither has Celebrity ever defined what designer jeans are.

I'll put my $17.95 Kirkland jeans on and pull my shirt over it and I dare anyone to tell the difference.

Well, mine are definitely not designer then. Too funny. :D:D:D

I can honestly say that I've never seen the "butt police" checking the rear pockets to determine the make or designer of jeans. Therefore, take it to mean nice, clean and unwrinkled jeans. There will be those with opinions, but it's been my experience that the only place those will be aired is on these forums.

I think all they really mean is no holes or dirty, grungy jeans.

Exactly. It’s jeans you would wear instead of slacks that are clean and fashionable.

If you’re wearing your jeans for backyard or construction work, they’re probably not your nicest jeans as far as appearance.

No one cares about your label or designer. Just don’t dress like you came off the hay truck.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My husband wears a nice pair of black jeans in the evening. Not "designer" but look like a pair of black slacks. No one looks to see if"designer!"

I would so prefer to see a pair of dark, pressed jeans than a pair of wrinkled cargo pants and equally wrinkled polo shirt. We had a man, in Luminae, on our last cruise, who wore that exact outfit every night. Yes, I know that Luminae does not observe “Evening Chic”, but this was pretty awful, even for smart casual. To me, it is the pressed part that takes it into acceptable and not the label on the back pocket.

I would so prefer to see a pair of dark, pressed jeans than a pair of wrinkled cargo pants and equally wrinkled polo shirt. We had a man, in Luminae, on our last cruise, who wore that exact outfit every night. Yes, I know that Luminae does not observe “Evening Chic”, but this was pretty awful, even for smart casual. To me, it is the pressed part that takes it into acceptable and not the label on the back pocket.

I do agree!! We take carry on so very limited to what we bring but clean and neat goes anywhere!

My impression (and there are obviously many) is they had a little more fashion forward look in mind compared to the jeans and a polo look. I think they probably intended to describe the dress code suggestion as Cocktail or Creative Cocktail but instead just made up their own term. Ultimately, you can really wear whatever you want.

My impression (and there are obviously many) is they had a little more fashion forward look in mind compared to the jeans and a polo look. I think they probably intended to describe the dress code suggestion as Cocktail or Creative Cocktail but instead just made up their own term. Ultimately, you can really wear whatever you want.

In the description of the dress code they actually say something like nice jeans. I for one really like this because, as I said, with carry on, they pack so well and stay nice... Plus, living in Arizonac2 are much more casual. (Not speaking for all the Arizonian on this cruise). [emoji2]

I've never heard of a Creative Cocktail dress code. How does it differ from Evening Chic?

I've never heard of a Creative Cocktail dress code. How does it differ from Evening Chic?

It’s fairly commonplace here. Semi formal but a little more fun and colorful than your typical dark suits and dresses. Point being, if you didn’t know what it was you could Google, Pinterest, etc and find out. Celebrity added to the confusion when they came up with their own terminology.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ditto. And I've been in the party planning industries and seen most every type of dress code people can make up included on invitations. At least Celebrity issues some guidelines along with their Evening Chic name!

Let’s face it, there is no dress code on any of the ships anymore. Cruising used to be the one place that you could expect to dress up in your best clothes and expect others to do the same.

I have never seen anyone kicked out of a restaurant for any clothing choice.

...I have never seen anyone kicked out of a restaurant for any clothing choice.

I've never seen anyone kicked out of the MDR in the evening but saw the Maitre d on our 2016 Eclipse Caribbean cruise stop and quietly say something to a father and young son (maybe 10y/o) at the entrance of the MDR on casual night for wearing shorts. I didn't hear the conversation but they did an about-face and left. I saw both of them about 10 minutes later walk in the MDR wearing long pants.