Grand has changed to Unlimited Internet options in the Personalizer!!

brt49

Wonder what package they will now offer to Platinum and Elite members?

Has been reported from Regal Princess that since unlimited internet was launched concurrent with the Medallion, the Platinum and Elite member benefit has been unlimited as well. Now whether this will be the policy on other ships as they add the unlimited package, or is just being done on Regal as appeasement for how abortive the Medallion launch has been, remains to be seen.

Has been reported from Regal Princess that since unlimited internet was launched concurrent with the Medallion, the Platinum and Elite member benefit has been unlimited as well. Now whether this will be the policy on other ships as they add the unlimited package, or is just being done on Regal as appeasement for how abortive the Medallion launch has been, remains to be seen.

We were told by John Padgett on our sailing that it is for the Regal only for the time being. They aren't sure how long it will last on that ship.

They did it because the medallion issues once they can roll it out totally the unlimited internet will go away.

I haven't purchased internet access on the Grand so this may be a lame question but is internet acces available throughout the ship or only in the internet cafe?

Throughout the ship. Some areas have stronger signals than others but generally reception is quite good. Expect that the response will be significantly delayed compared to land line systems, especially when lots of passengers are contending for the limited bandwidth.

We have two cruises booked on the Grand. Pricing for a 10 day cruise is $139.99. 7 days is $109.99 for the Premium package.

It will be interesting to see how the Elite/Platinum minuets are handled.

Cheers, Denise

Only our Grand cruise shows the new pricing. For a 15 day cruise the price is $199, and it has a line through the more expensive number so I wonder if the pricing will increase once they see how well the new package is taking off.

I too wonder how Platinum minutes will be impacted by this change. I would hate for that benefit to change.

I've learned to vacation and not really use the Internet on the ship. Just checking into flights, or checking in with Shore excursions booked on port stops (not through the ship).

Really hoping this change means an improved internet speed.

We're on the grand in 17 days for the 10 day Mexican. Our pricing is different.

PrincessCONNECT — Premium Package

$139.99

PrincessCONNECT — Surf Package

$99.99

PrincessCONNECT — Social Package

$69.99

I never go over the free platinum/elite minutes, as this is vacation and I try to stay as disconnected as possible.

I do have to wonder if this is per person, or per cabin.

Thank you for the update--I wouldn't have checked before our March cruise on the Grand. And, I am also curious how this will be handled for Suite/elite passengers. I ration so that I don't exceed the free minutes. Besides, I'm there to enjoy the cruise.

Thank you for the update--I wouldn't have checked before our March cruise on the Grand. And, I am also curious how this will be handled for Suite/elite passengers. I ration so that I don't exceed the free minutes. Besides, I'm there to enjoy the cruise.
I've heard a different things, from Platinum/Elite get unlimited for the cruise to you use minutes until they are gone then a discount on a per day charge.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Forums mobile app

Are you on the March 23rd cruise?

We're on the grand in 17 days for the 10 day Mexican. Our pricing is different.

PrincessCONNECT — Premium Package

$139.99

PrincessCONNECT — Surf Package

$99.99

PrincessCONNECT — Social Package

$69.99

I never go over the free platinum/elite minutes, as this is vacation and I try to stay as disconnected as possible.

I do have to wonder if this is per person, or per cabin.

It's actually per device. You only need to purchase one package if you aren't on the internet at the same time.

I, too, have free minutes via the perks offered for being elite and hardly ever use the internet while on a cruise. Several times, have never even logged on once but here's the rub. We were both given free unlimited internet recently on the Equinox. I love falling asleep to the TV but the DH hates it. I just brought my iPad and a pair of ear buds and we were both so happy!! The streaming was very functional on that ship. I wondering if the Grand will offer the same experience. DH says, get it, get it. hahaha! And ... he can use both our elite minutes as he doesn't do much of anything on the internet.

Does anyone have any experience with how well the streaming works on the Grand? Our next two cruises are on this ship and would love to just watch some TV shows on my iPad and keep the TV in the cabin in the off position.

Throughout the ship. Some areas have stronger signals than others but generally reception is quite good. Expect that the response will be significantly delayed compared to land line systems, especially when lots of passengers are contending for the limited bandwidth.

I'm afraid we had the opposite experience. I did not find the reception to be good or even decent. We have pretty slow Internet at home in rural Oregon, so our standards are not high, yet our Internet speed on the Grand (Jan. 12-22) was dreadful, worse than our crummy home Internet.

Most of our attempted access was way toward the back of the ship, in the last starboard Emerald deck cabin, so that has an effect. But we also accessed Internet from the Piazza and other spots not in the far-flung regions of the Grand.

I'd want to see that reception has improved before I'd even consider spending actual money on Grand Internet. We were just using the included Platinum plan.

Jim

I've heard a different things, from Platinum/Elite get unlimited for the cruise to you use minutes until they are gone then a discount on a per day charge.

I remember reading a post that when first signing on for the Platinum/Elite benefit you get a choice of the number of minutes as in the past or you can select a discount on a cruise-long unlimited package.

An earlier reply said that these prices are per device, so does that mean if I bring my laptop and my phone, do I have to buy 2 internet plans?!
It means "One device at a time". If you log in on one, it will log you off on the other.