air to sea nightmare, need advice.

Doing the April 20th TA to Copenhagen. There will be myself, my husband, my aunt and my elderly parents. My Mom is a plus size lady with a very bad hip. She booked 2 seats for herself and the one for my dad so no one will sit between them. She has done it on other airlines but not through air to sea.

Apparently air to sea did not input the information correctly and the airline informed her they have cancelled the one seat and that air to sea must input the info correctly. We have exhausted ourselves with phone calls back and forth. I have spoke to a supervisor at air to sea who says they need info from the airline and the airline says it is air to sea's issue as they did not follow protocol.

In the meantime my mother is beside herself with stress that it won't get resolved and we will get to Copenhagen and she won't be able to fly home. It truly is not an option for her to have just one seat. She is making herself sick with worry and I have taken over working on this. If she gets bumped from her seat in Copenhagen then we will all not be able to fly as I won't eave my parents in Copenhagen alone to deal with getting a new flight and my dad having to handle all their luggage. It has been almost 2 weeks and this is not resolved by those that are working on it. Does anyone have another avenue for me to try, someone at Royal or air to sea that can get this moving along? Sorry I know it's a long story but pretty frustrated right now, thank you.

Doing the April 20th TA to Copenhagen. There will be myself, my husband, my aunt and my elderly parents. My Mom is a plus size lady with a very bad hip. She booked 2 seats for herself and the one for my dad so no one will sit between them. She has done it on other airlines but not through air to sea.

Apparently air to sea did not input the information correctly and the airline informed her they have cancelled the one seat and that air to sea must input the info correctly. We have exhausted ourselves with phone calls back and forth. I have spoke to a supervisor at air to sea who says they need info from the airline and the airline says it is air to sea's issue as they did not follow protocol.

In the meantime my mother is beside herself with stress that it won't get resolved and we will get to Copenhagen and she won't be able to fly home. It truly is not an option for her to have just one seat. She is making herself sick with worry and I have taken over working on this. If she gets bumped from her seat in Copenhagen then we will all not be able to fly as I won't eave my parents in Copenhagen alone to deal with getting a new flight and my dad having to handle all their luggage. It has been almost 2 weeks and this is not resolved by those that are working on it. Does anyone have another avenue for me to try, someone at Royal or air to sea that can get this moving along? Sorry I know it's a long story but pretty frustrated right now, thank you.

I would post something on their Facebook wall. They tend to be very responsive to Social Media and problems like this.

Can you book the flight yourself?

I would look into booking yourself as said previously or check Air to Sea and see if they can book your mother in first class. She would have a more comfortable seat than in regular.

A first class transatlantic ticket would be extremely expensive. Not unusual for them to be $10,00 or more. Business class more reasonable, but still likely much more than 2x economy.

Book two separate single seat tickets and then get the seating sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is what she did, when we did seat selection it alerted Air Canada to the booking and they said in an email to her she would likely lose that seat to another passenger in Copenhagen. She explained her situation and they said air to sea had not entered it the way they should of. Air Canada cancelled the one seat and she did not receive the money back. I'm trying to get this resolved as it is the only non stop flight and will make things easier not having to change planes as Mom needs assistance. If I don't get any resolve by the end of the week we will likely look at other air lines.

I would post something on their Facebook wall. They tend to be very responsive to Social Media and problems like this.

took your advice and posted on their page. Had someone from Royal ask for my info so here's hoping this will do the trick. Will post an update to let you know, thanks for the tip!

A first class transatlantic ticket would be extremely expensive. Not unusual for them to be $10,00 or more. Business class more reasonable, but still likely much more than 2x economy.

I booked business class seats for my wife and I from Newark to Copenhagen this past August and paid about $1500 per seat. The airlines website had the same seats for over $6500

I booked business class seats for my wife and I from Newark to Copenhagen this past August and paid about $1500 per seat. The airlines website had the same seats for over $6500

It's just not in the budget, was much cheaper to book 2 seats. She has done it before with another airline and not through air to sea. Just heard back from the rep looking into it and she spoke to the supervisor I had talked to. We are working on it is the answer. Almost 2 weeks of this.:mad:

Booking cruiseline air does offer a savings on international one-way travel, and likely for two reasons, one good and one bad - (a) the good is that the vendor is likely buying a roundtrip ticket from the airline but with an allowance to sell each direction to a different person, allowing those people to essentially avoid the higher one-way ticket prices, and (b) the bad is that you're getting a ticket with very, very different rules/allowances than the one available to the public. Often this isn't an issue, but there are many cases where these ultra-restrictive tickets do come back and bite the buyer in a bad way.

We also have Delta One booked, Kalamazoo to Copenhagen, through DTW, $1300.00. And we are also looking forward to the pods, so worth it to us on a red eye. Cost with Delta was over $7200.00

Our fare includes First Class Orlando to JFK. Delta price was 8 grand as I recall.

Hope we don't get spoiled. Typically get coach around $300 and economy plus around $550. Flight to Singapore in April is economy plus at $800

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Try this - Brian Powell is the RC senior exec (and a nice guy) who is in charge of A2S operations: bpowell@rccl.com

will keep this just in case, giving them a couple of more days. I have posted on their social media page and got a response, hopefully they realize our patience is dwindling. Thanks so much

Hey I think we are on the same TA. Serenade Copenhagen to Boston 8/26/18?

No we are on the April 20th TA Fort Lauderdale to Copenhagen. You are on the cruise we wanted to do. We were on the Allure last April and tried to book it but were told it was all sold out. We were so disappointed, really wanted to see Iceland. Looking forward to this one though, my husband has always wanted to see Ireland and Amsterdam and they are both on this cruise. We will get to Iceland one day for sure.

Upgrade to bizclass and get a seat that will fit her.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I work for an airline (KLM) in the netherlands and from experience I can tell you that you can not book 2 seats under the same name so I assume that is the issue here. Air Canada will see this as a double booking which they cancelled. Air2sea needs to book the second seat as a service seat and then everything will be fine. KLM offers a discount of 25% on the second seat for passengers that need a second seat.

Patricia

Great insight here from the inside, patje. Hopefully very useful for the OP (unlike the completely unwarranted attack from the other poster).

Tony 0 weren't you on the Serenade with my husband & I, August 26th out of Copenhagen or were you on the Vision sailing that left 4 days before the Serenade.

Debandbruce, Iceland was most interesting and wasn't as cold as I thought it might be this past August but still in the 50's. We spent 2.5 days in Copenhagen before starting the TA.