Delta changed flight time

MsBST2

We are having the same problem with United! There are 9 of us and they have changed our flights home from Vancouver twice so far. We now stop two times and don't get home until over four hours after when we were originally supposed to arrive. Our flights are still available but for a lot more money than we originally booked booked with princess air. How can they do that? Unbelievable! :mad::mad::mad:

Your problem may be with Princess and not with United.

I assume you are months away from your cruise. Princess does not lock in your flight arrangements until you have paid for the cruise (or at least for the flights). Until that time, as flights fill up Princess will switch your flights to be able to keep the same flight pricing you booked. They do this because the good pricing is no longer available to Princess as the flights fill up. Basically it is a choice that Princess made to protect the cost to you instead of protecting the schedule.

Your problem may be with Princess and not with United.

I assume you are months away from your cruise. Princess does not lock in your flight arrangements until you have paid for the cruise (or at least for the flights). Until that time, as flights fill up Princess will switch your flights to be able to keep the same flight pricing you booked. They do this because the good pricing is no longer available to Princess as the flights fill up. Basically it is a choice that Princess made to protect the cost to you instead of protecting the schedule.

My Princess CVP told me that United switched our flights and not Princess. I am happy the price is locked in though. It's going to be exhausting trying to get home.

Today, We received a flight schedule change on our flight from Las Vegas to Newark and on to Milan from Princess air. We were scheduled to have a 1hr 59 min. layover in Newark. Now we have 50 min. between flights. Do you think it is doable? (same terminal)

Last time I flew with Delta was years ago! They canceled my flight the night before I was to leave for a cruise. My son woke me up to tell me I had a voice mail from Delta. I called them in the middle of the night and after much begging they got us on another flight! My husband sat in the front of the plane and I in the back.

Of course we were up all night so I had to keep pinching myself not to fall asleep and snore or drool.... what a night mare never again!

What the hell is the point of booking any flight with Delta they will change it or cancel your carefully picked flight and seats..

All airlines have changes but I have never had issues with JetBlue like I had with Delta!

Ours was changed as well, then changed to 4:15 and then to West Jet. Not sure what is up with Delta!

This is all too normal for Delta (and also AA and United). The major airlines post their schedules 330 days in advance to encourage long range bookings. But schedules regularly change (many times a year) due to various reasons such as crew scheduling, equipment changes, available slots (at busy airports), gate availability, etc. I cannot even remember booking a Delta flight (more then a few months in advance) when we did not have at least 1 schedule change.

But here is a tip (for those not aware). When there is a schedule change that creates an issue for your schedule, you can simply call the airline and request to be changed to another flight...or even cancel with a full refund (even on a non-refundable ticket). We have done this with airlines on numerous occasions and have always been quickly accommodated.

Hank

The price of the other flight does not matter. They changed your flight and if the earlier one they put you on does not work for you then should put you on it for free. I've had to do with with United before and it was no problem. They even changed my return airport because the flights didn't work back to the same airport we flew into. So, just call and get it taken care of.

The Vancouver security line is horrendous. If you have Global Entry, you will be fine. If you do not have Global Entry, then you need to change your flight. Interesting thing about the Vancouver Airport is that if you are flying into the USA, you go through immigration there (check passports).

Good luck!

There are 8 airports in Canada that have US CBP preclearance facilities: Calgary, Toronto, Edmonton, Halifax, Montreal, Ottawa, Vancouver, and Winnipeg. This is not something new. This has been in place for years - even before 911.

For my Nov cruise, they have changed my flights 3 times. I booked a spring break dive vacation through Delta vacations two weeks ago and a week later, the flight times were changed. There were not alot of seats left and now we have a different plane - only really lousy seats left.

It happened on four different flights last year. I like to plan it so we have a 2 hour layover in Atlanta to enjoy one of the lounges and on every trip last year, our flights were changed and we had to literally run to make our connection . On some, it is the same plane but it is happening more and more that it is a different flight and there goes my good seat assignment. I usually book a cruise two years out and my flights one year.

I have learned to just shake my head and just be happy I am able to travel. Nothing we can do.

Today, We received a flight schedule change on our flight from Las Vegas to Newark and on to Milan from Princess air. We were scheduled to have a 1hr 59 min. layover in Newark. Now we have 50 min. between flights. Do you think it is doable? (same terminal)

absolutely...

We are having the same problem with United! There are 9 of us and they have changed our flights home from Vancouver twice so far. We now stop two times and don't get home until over four hours after when we were originally supposed to arrive. Our flights are still available but for a lot more money than we originally booked booked with princess air. How can they do that? Unbelievable! :mad::mad::mad:

Disappointing for sure, but have never worried about return...only just get me "there" on time.......2 lay overs? since your sign in is SO CAL where are ur stopovers?

Probably...provided that your incoming flight lands on time. Also, airlines do odd things sometimes with "holding" flights. There seems to be no consistency to it, but they will sometimes delay a departure when their schedule shows someone in a short layover. I've also had them do booking for me on the next departing flight when someone at the airline determined that there was no way I'd make my connection due to their lateness, but that was domestic.

For my Nov cruise, they have changed my flights 3 times. I booked a spring break dive vacation through Delta vacations two weeks ago and a week later, the flight times were changed. There were not alot of seats left and now we have a different plane - only really lousy seats left.

It happened on four different flights last year. I like to plan it so we have a 2 hour layover in Atlanta to enjoy one of the lounges and on every trip last year, our flights were changed and we had to literally run to make our connection . On some, it is the same plane but it is happening more and more that it is a different flight and there goes my good seat assignment. I usually book a cruise two years out and my flights one year.

I have learned to just shake my head and just be happy I am able to travel. Nothing we can do.

Agree, I also look at it another way...I have spent so much time and effort trying to get everything just perfect and what if life gets in the way....and all my plans were for not..meaning I don't end up traveling.......Relax it is, what it is......maybe you can change it, maybe you can't, but travel is an adventure...and most of the time it is not smooth sailing.....and if it is on one journey...be grateful.....cuz those are far and few between......

Edited by land lover

Most likely if you booked directly with United you would have more flexibility. I have had schedule changes with United in the past. I just look online for another connection that I prefer, call United and ask them to rebook me. It has never been an issue (same with Delta schedule changes). Even if the new flights would cost more, that is irrelevant. United (and Delta) have always adjusted availability to rebook me and the only fare difference, if any, would be if there are any additional security taxes due - but never anything more for the fare.

But since you booked through Princess Air, it is very likely that your options for rebooking are limited.

Arrival to Vancouver flight time changed from 1pm departure to 11:15am. Is this doable? Thank you

If you booked the flight, call airline and tell them time will not work, they will generally change to something that works, I do this american airlines when they change flights times on me.

I am seeing a lot of complaints on cc about Delta. It makes me glad that I book on other airlines and stay away from Delta. I wonder what is going on in Atlanta with them. Appears as though the message is to book Delta very cautiously.

Disappointing for sure, but have never worried about return...only just get me "there" on time.......2 lay overs?

I used to have the "just get me there" attitude, probably best expressed by my daughter at age 2. After flight cancelations and delays, and ultimately "getting" to spend the night in Atlanta, she commented that this was the "best day" because we got to go on a plane, a train, and a bus all in the same day. It rather put things in perspective.

However, I now travel with a family member with a serious medical condition and mobility impairment. Traveling is hard, layovers are the worst (the pressure changes affect the disease). We book direct flights whenever possible. To get changed to something with 2 layovers would be a total disaster. We lock in EZair at the same time as final payment, if not before. True, we may not be able to take advantage of a fare drop, but we can deal directly with the airline to get HA preferred seats and be in a better position to argue if they pull any nonsense on us.

Disappointing for sure, but have never worried about return...only just get me "there" on time.......2 lay overs? since your sign in is SO CAL where are ur stopovers?

We were actually talking about that tonight that our main concern was that they get us to the ship on time. The two layovers are Portland and San Francisco.

My Princess CVP told me that United switched our flights and not Princess. I am happy the price is locked in though. It's going to be exhausting trying to get home.

If the CVP is correct, I think my basic premise is correct. I suspect the agreement Princess has with United (and other airlines) allows the flights to be switched by the carrier if the cost of a ticket has increased and the passenger has not yet made payment for the ticket.

We were actually talking about that tonight that our main concern was that they get us to the ship on time. The two layovers are Portland and San Francisco.
No fun....

Thanks for responding.

Curious as I live in Orange County....and have "booked" a non-stop EZ flight with delta over alaska .

I do like EZair just because I do not feel locked it....and I like the fact of their guarantee to get us to the cruise.

My flight is to Seattle in May. I have used EZair 3 times all international flights, last year and have had 3 flight segments change...all worked out....

Edited by land lover

I used to have the "just get me there" attitude' date=' probably best expressed by my daughter at age 2. After flight cancelations and delays, and ultimately "getting" to spend the night in Atlanta, she commented that this was the "best day" because we got to go on a plane, a train, and a bus all in the same day. It rather put things in perspective.

However, I now travel with a family member with a serious medical condition and mobility impairment. Traveling is hard, layovers are the worst (the pressure changes affect the disease). We book direct flights whenever possible. To get changed to something with 2 layovers would be a total disaster. We lock in EZair at the same time as final payment, if not before. True, we may not be able to take advantage of a fare drop, but we can deal directly with the airline to get HA preferred seats and be in a better position to argue if they pull any nonsense on us.[/quote']

Isn't it wonderful that today you do have the ability to fly with these circumstances.....Years ago it would have been close to impossible.

I think anyone who sees a price they are happy with should would lock it in.

Princess is actually getting me to book cruises simply because of EZ air.

I have done many family international flights..and paid some pretty high last minute fares, through the years.

A little more than 10 years ago when booking international flights, if prices dropped and you contacted the airline you received a cash refund .. I have seen rebooking fees at nothing gng to 25,50,100 and now $200..with the major lines.Unfortunately no careers in our family where flying gained us benefits.

So when I decided to return to ocean cruising after a hiatus and notice EZair with Princess.....I am like WOW! some of these international airfares are incredible.... so I find myself booking cruises just because the flights are very competitive:D go figure....not having to make a commit on flights on 2 people until 45 days before sailing, the way I look at it, is saving me change fees of 400 bucks.....and I have paid my share of change fees or re-banking miles through the years...

Enjoy cruising everyone.....

Edited by land lover

Well...just looked at my EZair...and a change was made.....have not gotten an email yet or have seen the alert on my personalizer that a flight has been changed...but since I was recently on this thread thought I would relay my circumstance.

Decided to cruise to Alaska with son...2 weeks ago.booked EZ air for both of us..I live in So.CA so booked a non stop frm SNA for me ...he is in Texas so must have a lay over from his location.

Yesterday, I could not access his air reservation(mod/change) on my personalizer, a message popped up stating a change was going to take place...however I did have the option to change the flights....I looked at what was available, and noticed his flight was gone as an option and all flights were up in price.

This morning I go in and see the change.....it is on his return flight. American is still routeing him through PHX...but 3 hours later....leaving from SEA. All flights have increased in price to over $500....and his original routeing was not available.

What I wanted to point out is that...even though My fight is with Delta, his with American..we were both flying with Compass originally....my niece is a flight attendant for Compass((70 seat jets) depending on what airline is using them she just changes her scarf, I make mention of this because, that is why I noticed who we were truly flying with.

So American actually changed his returned to American Eagle.....my thoughts are...Compass was getting to many bookings at a higher rate on his original flight and it was cheaper for AA to fly their own affiliate...who knows, if I am right....

Just hoping they will not change his arrival flight..with Compass as we r arriving within 15 minutes of each other. Looking at the positive he can go on a disembarkation excursion and see the space needle, negative his flight arrives at midnight.

L:DRI

Edited by land lover

Look up "Minimum Connection Time (MCT)" - it looks like you're talking about a D(omestic):I(nternational) connection at EWR airport. You normally want to pad the MCT, but if a schedule change drops your connection below the MCT you're effectively guaranteed the airline will change the flight without any fees and can generally put you on any alternative flight without additional cost. MCT can be as specific as Airline flight number (e.g., DL5xxx) so you'll need to look up your specific case.

I personally have had schedule changes work in my favor >75% of the time, but it is worth keeping tabs on your flights every few weeks and to call in knowing what you want to change to if a change occurs. Usually I end up on a cheaper but little less convenient time or less preferable connecting airport, but when the schedule changes happen they've let me switch to the flight I would have booked had price been no object. My biggest miss in recent memory is that DW and I ended up having to sit apart because there were so few unassigned seats by the time they schedule change hit. But we got home a few hours earlier, and had a shorter wait at the airport (and could still do EZ Check for bags)... so still a qualified success in my book