Do you still feel that excited feeling when your Princess cruise date is near?

MsSoCalCruiser

YES!! Going on a quick 5n to Cabo with a pal, we leave in 13 days!! DH will be staying home with the critters and job. When our goofy dog gets really excited over something, he tells her, "you're just like your Mama on cruise day!" ;p:D Happy Sailing!!

You bet we do! After months of planning it's so exciting to head to the airport where the vacation begins. Even itineraries we've cruised before are highly anticipated. Love getting reacquainted with the ship, and entering the (so familiar) cabin to make ourselves at home.

May for our Alaska B2B - can't wait!

YES!! Going on a quick 5n to Cabo with a pal, we leave in 13 days!! DH will be staying home with the critters and job. When our goofy dog gets really excited over something, he tells her, "you're just like your Mama on cruise day!" ;p:D Happy Sailing!!

Happy sailing to you too! Looks like we’re going to be on the same ship!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You bet we do! After months of planning it's so exciting to head to the airport where the vacation begins. Even itineraries we've cruised before are highly anticipated. Love getting reacquainted with the ship, and entering the (so familiar) cabin to make ourselves at home.

May for our Alaska B2B - can't wait!

Even the three day cruises excite me. I don’t care where I’m going just put me on the ship, LOL. I am also going to Alaska in May with a large group of friends. This will be my second time and some of my friends this will be their first. We will even have a Cruise Newbie with us!

Absoutely! The anticipation and planning is a big part of the excitement for me. We always say we can't wait for the day we leave, talking about streamlining and lessons learned from our previous experiences. Then when the time finally gets here we slow down into cruise mode, knowing nothing can get better and you just go with the flow. No woulda coulda shoulda when I take the time in the planning, which for me is as much fun as the trip its self. My countdown clock is on my phone, 32 days to Sydney Australia then onto the Sea Princess for 10 days in a mini- suite. Um yeah I am a little excited.

Actually I get kind of stressed as the cruise nears. Always a lot of last minute details like packing, getting foreign currency, figuring out how to get to airport, etc. As the cruise nears it always seems there are a lot of other issues that pop up that need t be taken care of. No excitement here. Of course none of that impacts my enjoyment once I am on the ship.

Excitement - sure

Stress - of course, and we drive to the port as it's only 4 hours -

our biggest de-stresser is when we have dropped off the luggage, and parked the car in the parking garage next to the ship (FLL/PE)... that's when our cruise really starts as we have done all we can at that point...

just walk to the ship, get in line and flow...:cool:

After 42 cruises, YES! :D I usually don't stress out though because I pack in plenty of time. We can't control the weather, so we'll work with whatever happens.

The difference is that we only do what we want to do on cruises now. When we were under 15 cruises or so, we felt the need to see the shows, go to the organized games, eat in the dining room, partake in events and check out the whole ship. Not anymore. This is what makes everyone's cruise experience so unique. For us, it's pretty simple what we expect out of a cruise.

I always get excited! Even though I’ve been cruising since I was about 2 years old, it’s always a new adventure. Now I’m the one planning and researching everything. Planning gets me hyped up!!!