Do you still feel that excited feeling when your Princess cruise date is near?

MsSoCalCruiser

We're going to Hawaii on the Star in 3 weeks, and I'm just as excited as I was last year when we took the same cruise! We didn't do it on purpose, but we're in the same cabin as last year. Clothes are beginning to come out of the summer clothes closet, and we can't wait to go.

It’s funny you used the term “like a kid at Christmas” because I think we no longer do get excited like kids at Christmas when we cruise. Instead we are more like adults at Christmas, where we ask ourselves if we really want to go through the preparation and travel yet again but, once in the ship, we get immense enjoyment, both for ourselves but also seeing others have fun.

But, no, the giddy excitement is a thing of the past. I think I lost it after about 100 cruises. ;)

For the first time, we have two cruises booked. One in April of 2018 and the next in April of 2019. I always check out YouTube for any new posts of the ship as well as here on cruise critic for reviews and hints about the ship we will be sailing. Also, I'm a planner so I really enjoy that aspect of cruising as we always have a flight and hotels to book prior to the cruise.

I always look forward to them even though I have just been on two (not with princess) so far!

My first princess cruise is a year away and I was very excited to book it. It’s my first time visiting the USA and Mexico. It’s to early to do much more than research and lurk around the cc forums [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It doesn’t matter how many cruises I have been on because I still feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas as my cruise date approaches. How about you? Love Princess cruises!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree. You would think after over 40 voyages and 36 with Princess it wouldn't be a big deal anymore, but the voyages are a big part of our life so much so we still keep track of how many days until we sail. Being on the ship and at sea is such a wonderful experience. If we could find a rational way of selling the house and cars and permanently live on the ship(s) we would do that.

The planning, packing and pre-cruise rituals are never tiring or boring. We do look forward to the process and the result.

ABSOLUTELY! 41 days until Caribbean Princess...two weeks of sun, fun, rest & relaxation. While I watched a two-hour "Love Boat" episode yesterday, I found myself grinning from ear to ear in anticipation. And yes, I'll be singing the "Love Boat" theme song as I board the ship.

It can't get here soon enough :cool:.

Susan

Am I excited, no. I have been cruising for over forty years and I am pretty laid back about cruising. I enjoy booking a cruise and then I forget about it until about a month out when I do the on line check in.

At that point, a quick review of available excursions to see if there are any we want to do (usually not) and I am done until the hassle about a week before of packing (why in the world did I book this cruise?).

Then comes the hassle of getting to port and boarding the ship.

However, when I finally make it onto the ship and am sitting down to lunch comes the "Ahhhh" moment of knowing I am on a ship and have no responsibilities or schedule for the next X number of days.

I especially like the fact I don't need to worry about planning, cooking and cleaning up meals. I just show up at my pre set dining time at my table and my waiter takes care of me.

I know some of you see a fixed dining time as a "schedule," but I see it as one less thing that I have to plan for on a daily basis.

I love counting days down to our next cruise. Going on Caribbean Princess to panama canal in 74 more days. Ever since my first cruise on Carnival Mardi Gras in 76 I have been hooked on cruising. We always go a day early after one close call almost missing ship taught us a lesson. I am packed early but my wife stays up all night till we leave for airport getting ready. We have been on 16 cruises, loved all but do have favorites.

Actually I get kind of stressed as the cruise nears. Always a lot of last minute details like packing, getting foreign currency, figuring out how to get to airport, etc. As the cruise nears it always seems there are a lot of other issues that pop up that need t be taken care of. No excitement here. Of course none of that impacts my enjoyment once I am on the ship.

Same here. Never excited until after muster drill.

For me the excitement begins even prior to actually booking a cruise. I am constantly looking for new and exciting places to visit. We have knocked off a large part of our bucket list, but there is so much more to see! Once we make the choice on a cruise, the real fun begins. I love finding the perfect pre-cruise hotel, the best flight possible and researching ports of call. It just makes the trip that much more exciting. We are 70 days away from our next cruise and 1 year away from another. My wife and I sat on the couch yesterday and enjoyed reading about our upcoming ports and shooting off emails to some private tour companies.

Also, I now help friends and family with their cruise planning. Things like offering tips on how to save money, the best cabin location based on their needs and making their trip as stress free as possible.

April cannot come soon enough!!!

DW and myself "usually" fly to a destination (England for example) and "live off the land". We have pretty much always done that. For Christmas this year I surprised my DW wife an Alaskan Cruise - she has always wanted to see Alaska. When I gave it to her (Luggage, Airline tickets, updated passports, Spa days, Crown Grill, Excursions in Juneau and Skagway) I, as well as my kids (they were in on it too) thought she might die from a Heart Attack, she was so excited.

Now? She has watched every video on You Tube (Dog Sledding, food, ship, etc) and everyday (since Christmas) she has been planning.

Now, to the "question", Yes, I was excited as hell when I began booking the ship, the balcony, airline, etc. I did my research VERY carefully. The "excitement" is still there, but it is tempered by HER excitement....She is over the moon!

I'm leaving Feb. 25 for a Feb. 28th Round the Horn cruise, ending in LA March 30th! :) A little apprehensive this time, even though I've been gone for a month before on a TA plus Baltic cruise. Because I'm leaving in winter, hoping weather is good the day I leave, being an hour and a half from the airport causes a little concern. Packing for the warm then cold is always a challenge but I can do it, living in a cold area makes it not too bad.

I have this cruise plus 2 others booked, New England this Fall and a Grand Adventure for Fall 2019. It is fun and exciting to book cruises. I'll get excited about this one closer to when I start packing. Being gone for over a month, trying to get things handled, snow plowing, shoveling, bills paid, mail forwarded, dentist, doctor appointments, it is stressful, but it will be an awesome cruise! :)

DW and myself "usually" fly to a destination (England for example) and "live off the land". We have pretty much always done that. For Christmas this year I surprised my DW wife an Alaskan Cruise - she has always wanted to see Alaska. When I gave it to her (Luggage, Airline tickets, updated passports, Spa days, Crown Grill, Excursions in Juneau and Skagway) I, as well as my kids (they were in on it too) thought she might die from a Heart Attack, she was so excited.

Now? She has watched every video on You Tube (Dog Sledding, food, ship, etc) and everyday (since Christmas) she has been planning.

Now, to the "question", Yes, I was excited as hell when I began booking the ship, the balcony, airline, etc. I did my research VERY carefully. The "excitement" is still there, but it is tempered by HER excitement....She is over the moon!

Love this! What a great story! Please share with us when you return.

I will also be going to Alaska this year. The views are absolutely stunning !!!