do they still have you chose the time they will clean your cabin?

Whether you are asked verbally or asked to sign a paper of your cabin service needs as of now Carnival still promotes twice daily service for its guests. Make your intentions known clearly and don't buckle under to any suggestions to the contrary made to you by your steward. From the Carnival website under Explore, Staterooms:

ALL THE PERKS. IN EVERY ROOM.

With all this comfort and all these standard features,

you've gotta try real hard to get homesick on a Carnival cruise.

• Room service
  • 24–hour room steward
  • Soft, cozy linens (Carnival Comfort Collection®)
  • Personal safe for valuables

• Nightly turndown service
  • Plenty of closet and drawer space
  • Private bathroom and shower

• Television
  • Individual climate control
  • Telephone

Yes, if you choose morning service do the towel animal in the morning.

Thanks for the reminder SanMarcos man about every cabin supposedly getting turn down service nightly. It makes me wonder about the enhanced turn down service for suite guests. I've not noticed anything enhanced and now with the towel animals being done through the day, is there something I'm missing?

They are supposed to offer morning, evening, or both cabin service. Some have been told they have to choose morning or evening. If your steward tells you that you have to choose one, stand firm on both and let Guest Services know.

On our last cruise in November, our steward was very good and offered all 3 choices. I don't recall any turndown service at night, though.

as far as times, they will no your schedule by day 2. They knew we dined late 8:30-9 and we were his last cabin to clean. We often joked about it. He also knew we slept in having room service a 9am with coffee, danish and fruit. We would leave the cabin around 10:30 for breakfast. He chose both and he was very accommodating.

Last year on the Dream we chose morning but I asked to have ice refilled in the evening. He ended up just doing everything both morning and night. My cruise last month on the Dream I asked for evening service but fresh ice in the morning. This time he did exactly what I asked. I had a full cleaning in the evening but in the morning he would bring me ice only. Worked out just fine and I think this is what I will request from now on.

We just got off the Elation last week and never were ask which one we preferred. He came in every morning and night. Only difference we got our towel animal in the mornings instead of nightly. He always left clean towels morning and night and ice in the bucket also.

I think this is a great idea. A few times last cruise they were there early to clean and i told them they didnt need to because my older son likes to sleep in a little on vacation.

I would like to have turn down service still, or midday.

Possible?

It's AM , PM or both.

We've been on 3 cruises in the past 8 months and sail again tomorrow and have never been asked to choose either morning or evening cleaning. The steward just automatically did both and the most recent was 2 weeks ago. All have been on the Paradise, but on other Carnival ships we never had to choose when asked, just told the steward twice a day. Don't let a steward intimidate you into choosing only one if you really want both.

We sailed on the Vista for this past New Years and were given a choice of morning, evening or both and we asked for service twice a day. We gave our Stewart approximate times we'd be out of the cabin and it worked out great. He did a great job everyday.

We started out with the worst cabin steward ever on our cruise on the Breeze Jan. 21. He never showed up to ask and we had to have another steward track him down because he was not answering when we called at 7pm the first evening. He told us he had cabins on the other side of the ship and that he planned to talk to us the next evening. Only problem is we wanted twice a day service and ice twice a day so I could ice down my sprained wrist.

Only after the Guest Services manager was told about it at the Diamond event did we get service. Then we had the Asst. housekeeping manager, floor supervisor and the cabin steward coming by all the time. The cabin steward actually never cleaned the room, or got the ice, just kept coming by to ask if we needed anything. His assistant was the one who took care of our cabin. He did a great job, so he got the extra cash tip. Because the Assistant knew we were sick with the respiratory crud circulating on the ship he let us stay in the cabin until 10:30 (fog delay) on debarkation day so he got even more cash from us when we finally left the room. He said that he checked and the people coming on were blue cards without FTTF, so he would have plenty of time to clean the cabin as all the other guests left their cabins as if debarkation would be at the normal time and he was nearly finished all his cabins.

We don't give our cabin steward a choice of morning or night.

We politely inform him/her that we would like twice a day service.

Exactly. The first night of our last cruise he didn't leave fresh towels when he did evening service. A quick phone call and we had them in about 15 minutes and every night thereafter.

We just got off the Elation last week and never were ask which one we preferred. He came in every morning and night. Only difference we got our towel animal in the mornings instead of nightly. He always left clean towels morning and night and ice in the bucket also.

How was Elation Cruise? Was the food good? I am booked for the summer and the reviews have been mixed.