Questions for MSC Cruises Regarding SEASIDE. MSC CRUISES PLEASE READ!!

naples1

I have been on many cruises on a bunch of cruiselines. Still haven't had the pleasure of going on MSC but looking at Seaside sometime soon.

I keep reading all these reviews and conflicting information regarding the Yacht Club Experience, poor food and customer service in the rest of the ship.

I figured I could start this thread and hopefully someone from MSC would read. I'm not one to complain alot so if you have genuine questions or comments without being too negative or degrading, feel free to comment.

I would appreciate a response from MSC to answer questions if possible. If you could give some insight as to what is being done to help with the negative press you are getting and how you are trying to address the legitimate concerns of American Passengers.

Anyone,,...feel free to chime in . Constructive criticism and response from the cruiseline is helpful and encouraged.

I just returned from a week on seaside. Had a wonderful cruise. Appears that only the people that had problems post on cruise critic. Out of 5500 people a miniscule number had a bad cruise but they make the most noise. Anyone can find negatives if they look. Its a vacation go with a positive attitude and enjoy.

I just returned from a week on seaside. Had a wonderful cruise. Appears that only the people that had problems post on cruise critic. Out of 5500 people a miniscule number had a bad cruise but they make the most noise. Anyone can find negatives if they look. Its a vacation go with a positive attitude and enjoy.

Thanks for your comments, and glad to hear you had a wonderful cruise. :) Nice to see positive feedback, too.

I think just some friendly Q&A would be very enlightening. If MSC reads this,they should respond directly to this forum or start their own. I know of some hotels in Vegas that have a rep that does this and it has worked out extremely well for them regarding what the customer sentiment is and creates a better sense of loyalty on both sides. We don't need any free handouts here but assurances or explanations of what is being done to rectify issues that have arised and just answering general questions would be great.

.... regarding what the customer sentiment is and creates a better sense of loyalty on both sides.

The word *loyalty* doesn't exist in MSC's lexicon. Just look at how the company treated its regular customers when they replaced their loyalty club with Voyagers Club and reduced the rewards they'd offered so that they could dish out goodies to those who'd never cruised with them before.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

FWIW, I read a thread yesterday about an Azamara passenger whose guaranteed cabin was cancelled 2 days before departure. To make a long story short, she reached out and Azamara's CBO ("Chief Blogging Officer" -no, I'm not making that up) ended up intervening and she got her cabin, after all. So I hope MSC IS reading the boards.

I have been on many cruises on a bunch of cruiselines. Still haven't had the pleasure of going on MSC but looking at Seaside sometime soon.

I keep reading all these reviews and conflicting information regarding the Yacht Club Experience, poor food and customer service in the rest of the ship.

I figured I could start this thread and hopefully someone from MSC would read. I'm not one to complain alot so if you have genuine questions or comments without being too negative or degrading, feel free to comment.

I would appreciate a response from MSC to answer questions if possible. If you could give some insight as to what is being done to help with the negative press you are getting and how you are trying to address the legitimate concerns of American Passengers.

Anyone,,...feel free to chime in . Constructive criticism and response from the cruiseline is helpful and encouraged.

MSC have many ships SEaside has 5000 pax on it every week do you really think that couple negative reviews on this forum can be called negative press? Any cruise line have same reviews, no matter what you do there will be unhappy customers . Why would MSC change something just because Pizza in some american village is different or someone loves comedy more than Opera ?

Apparently an MSC rep claimed to read the forum (whether there's any truth in it, is another story LOL!)

Someone from MSC used to post here now and then, but that was a few years ago.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

Yes, it's been almost 2 years since they posted. Doubt they will be back anytime soon.

Here is a link to their posts

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=122558380

I could bet every cruise line with a social media / community management department must at least be o these forums and read. They might not answer as they would be bombarded with a thousand posts and private messages. But I´m sure they read. But somehow I don´t think MSC does.

Even when they are the 4th or 5th biggest cruise line (I´ve read contradictory info on this) they don´t seem to be very interested in what us passengers have to say. I did their post cruise survey just yesterday and there were some things I wanted to give my input on and did not have a section to do so.

We had a very enjoyable cruise. But I would really love to be able to give my feedback on their areas of opportunity. We were trying MSC for the first time aand I think our opinion is as valuable as those who have cruised several times with them.

I could bet every cruise line with a social media / community management department must at least be o these forums and read. They might not answer as they would be bombarded with a thousand posts and private messages. But I´m sure they read. But somehow I don´t think MSC does.

Even when they are the 4th or 5th biggest cruise line (I´ve read contradictory info on this) they don´t seem to be very interested in what us passengers have to say. I did their post cruise survey just yesterday and there were some things I wanted to give my input on and did not have a section to do so.

We had a very enjoyable cruise. But I would really love to be able to give my feedback on their areas of opportunity. We were trying MSC for the first time aand I think our opinion is as valuable as those who have cruised several times with them.

I enjoyed your review SO much, from beginning to end. I might suggest directing your complaints to their page on the book of faces. ;) Their official page would certainly be read by management.

this isn't a customer service channel for MSC, so it's highly unlikely you'll get a response I'm afraid.

You are correct...highly unlikely you will get a response...but...I know that this thread and this site will be well read by a large number of MSC management and department heads. I know this because I have discussed it with a number of them.

Naples1, what questions about the YC do you have??

For the old timers, please correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t rick stasso come on cruise critic and hold a question/answer session when orchestra first got to Florida? The initial orchestra reviews were far worse than divina and seaside combined and Mr sasso attempted some DC (damage control ;-))

It pretty much blew up and as far as i know msc has never returned publicly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the old timers, please correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t rick stasso come on cruise critic and hold a question/answer session when orchestra first got to Florida? The initial orchestra reviews were far worse than divina and seaside combined and Mr sasso attempted some DC (damage control ;-))

It pretty much blew up and as far as i know msc has never returned publicly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a link to his Q&A session

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=890

+1000^

Vast majority of Seaside cruisers are happy as are cruisers on the other lines. The worst vacay I ever had was great.

What a few see as deal breakers are deal makers to the majority of others. Food not salty, they have shakers on the table...how is that a legit complaint?

Cheers, enjoy your cruise! (whatever CL

/ship you choose)

We have sailed on NCL quite a bit lately. Our last NCL cruise was canceled recently so as we move forward we are looking to perhaps sailing MSC Seaside in 2019 for DH's birthday. The Yacht Club seems to match the Haven pretty well and this would be our choice for the sailing. For those who take a look at this thread, I wondered a few things. 1- Is there a YC pool area or only sitting areas w/o pool? and 2- Can meals from any restaurant be brought to your YC cabin? 3- on the Formal nights must one dress formal to dine in the YC restaurant?

I am sure there may be some answers on multiple threads so please excuse my questions. Thanks for your help in answering my questions. We will be Black on MSC - yes, one of those people that will transfer.

When we were on the Divina last October, at the CC meet and greet, the captain and a couple of the other officers said that they peruse the boards very frequently. I don’t know if they were just humoring us or what.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have sailed on NCL quite a bit lately. Our last NCL cruise was canceled recently so as we move forward we are looking to perhaps sailing MSC Seaside in 2019 for DH's birthday. The Yacht Club seems to match the Haven pretty well and this would be our choice for the sailing. For those who take a look at this thread, I wondered a few things. 1- Is there a YC pool area or only sitting areas w/o pool? and 2- Can meals from any restaurant be brought to your YC cabin? 3- on the Formal nights must one dress formal to dine in the YC restaurant?

I am sure there may be some answers on multiple threads so please excuse my questions. Thanks for your help in answering my questions. We will be Black on MSC - yes, one of those people that will transfer.

My opinion...

Seaside YC blows NCL Haven pool area away. Pool, two jacuzzi's and a bigger sun deck area.

Not sure if you can bring meals from other restaurant's to your cabin. Never felt the need to eat dinner in my cabin.

I don't believe you have to dress formal to eat in the YC restaurant, Just no shorts.

What are these "legitimate" concerns of "American Passengers?"

I see a lot of complaints because MSC isn't like Carnival, NCL or RCI (thank you, MSC).

My opinion...

Seaside YC blows NCL Haven pool area away. Pool, two jacuzzi's and a bigger sun deck area.

Not sure if you can bring meals from other restaurant's to your cabin. Never felt the need to eat dinner in my cabin.

I don't believe you have to dress formal to eat in the YC restaurant, Just no shorts.

Thanks much for the information. DH will be excited that we can eat in the YC restaurant without the need for a jacket. I have slowly read a few threads and your answer of no jacket required seems to be in the majority. I don't mind giving up my dress capri pants but getting the DH in a jacket now that is another story. :D:D:D

You are correct...highly unlikely you will get a response...but...I know that this thread and this site will be well read by a large number of MSC management and department heads. I know this because I have discussed it with a number of them.

Naples1, what questions about the YC do you have??

I have been on celebrity in aquaclass and really enjoy the upgraded dining . Is the Yacht Club a huge difference from their regular balcony experience?? Just trying to determine if justifies the extra cost..

Hi Naples1,

The Yacht Club is definitely beyond the other experiences. The old saying applies here...”You get what you pay for”...and this is especially true with the YC. The level of service we received was fabulous. We are not typical luxury ship cruisers...smaller ships with limited and restrained entertainment and facilities. We would be bored even though the five star service is the best. We love the action of the larger ships, being able to mix in with the crowd and the heightened energy level. Divina and Seaside have what we are looking for. I think the YC delivers what we call “A Big Bang for the dollar”. I would say it is worth every penny especially when you compare suite prices on the mass market lines.